As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Uh-oh! HEADS UP cause we're [Chat]ting some shit

• Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that the pointless, aimless and endless Dem/Pub debates each get a long thread, while the Ontario referendum thread, which is actually about changing the electoral system of the province, is dieing at two pages.

:(

That's probably to be expected, though, since I imagine a great percentage of forumers are American, and they have at least some clue as to what the issues are and who the candidates are, but far fewer people are informed about Canadian stuff.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Great beard of Zeus, I just pulled a small clump of hair from my beard by accident and damn did it hurt. I'm pathetically weak, I should not be able to pull them so easily.
    "Beard?" Is that what you're calling it?

It is a beard, damnit! It's all dark and furry, bushy but not too much. It is a fine beginner's beard, but yes, it is indeed a beard.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Are there compatibility reasons other than those Microsoft deliberately designed into their products for why you can't run original XBOX games on a Windows machine with more than enough raw power to do so? Seems off-topic for the other thread, so I'm asking here because I was always curious about that but never curious enough to do the research.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Coldred wrote: »
    Come now good sir. Let us speak of the weather and housing prices.
    You're British, you talk polite, but then it WHAM BASHAZAM and you've conquered another colony.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    It's all dark and furry, bushy but not too much.

:winky:

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Great beard of Zeus, I just pulled a small clump of hair from my beard by accident and damn did it hurt. I'm pathetically weak, I should not be able to pull them so easily.
    It is a beard, damnit! It's all dark and furry, bushy but not too much. It is a fine beginner's beard, but yes, it is indeed a beard.
    Yeah, instead of shaving, you can just put a little milk on it, have the cat lick it off. :P

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Richy wrote: »
    I'm disappointed that the pointless, aimless and endless Dem/Pub debates each get a long thread, while the Ontario referendum thread, which is actually about changing the electoral system of the province, is dieing at two pages.

I care a bit about this, but my opinion doesn't extend past "they shouldn't change the electoral system, especially now". I might care more if the fuckers would send me my voters card.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Yeah, instead of shaving, you can just put a little milk on it, have the cat lick it off. :P
    Man, that would be pretty handy for those who don't want to look like Vikings.

Aldo on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    20040128h.gif

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ColdredColdred Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    You're British, you talk polite, but then it WHAM BASHAZAM and you've conquered another colony.

Well, yes. But we do it politely.

Coldred on
    sig1-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

My beard is manly do not mock the manly beard!

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Not dirty speaking British that do the FOIYTINGHUH

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Cass probably grows a better one. :P

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Well, yes. But we do it politely.

Terribly sorry to bother you, but would you mind awfully being our indentured servants? Jolly good, old chap.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

Than's beard is twice as manly as yours will ever be. It's a fundamental fact of life.

EDIT: The sex thread is off to a great-- if a little ludicrous and grossly misinformed-- start.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Shit, Than's beard could probably grow a thicker beard than the Cloud kid if it wanted.

The Green Eyed Monster on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I keep over-trimming my beard, actually.

Luckily, it grows back in a couple days.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    celery77 wrote: »
    Johannen wrote: »
    I don't think i've been allowed to join the friars club... so sad... so sad.
    I thought about joining but then again I don't think I really want to know what people around here think of me.
    It's probably for the best that I don't have any votes to be roasted. I am a sensitive fellow.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    My little sister was mad at me because if I grow a beard it's red, and she doesn't think that's fair. I'm not sure why she apparently wants to grow a beard, though.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Mine goes from blond to full red.
    Weeiiird.

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Cass probably grows a better one. :P

Ya, but Than, when Cass grows a beard she looks like a member of ZZ Top.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I will always think back fondly on my FBI's Most Wanted beard. That was good times.
    wanted.jpg
    It's from a few years ago now.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Well, I thought my first day was today, but the prof's not here for some reason, so I've been hanging out in the computer lounge-ish thing. I think I'm gonna head home, because it's much more comfortable to play the Sims in bed.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Also, Engrish rock amuses the fuck out of me.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Huh. My beard looks kinda like Laos' beard, except just a little less full.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    I will always think back fondly on my FBI's Most Wanted beard. That was good times.
    wanted.jpg

Hehe :) I just realized that most dark, full beards look similarly disreputable, not so much the blonde ones. I wonder why that is.

Also, maybe I'm just being paranoid, but how do you guys feel comfortable with posting pictures of yourselves in a forum that is viewed by probably a thousand people a day? Aren't you worried that it's going to be jacked and used for nefarious/embarrassing purposes?

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    celery77 wrote: »
    Johannen wrote: »
    I don't think i've been allowed to join the friars club... so sad... so sad.
    I thought about joining but then again I don't think I really want to know what people around here think of me.
    It's probably for the best that I don't have any votes to be roasted. I am sensitive fellow.
    I imagine it will be something of a show if you ever end up getting roasted. I can't really see you passively sitting back and just taking it all in.

Me neither, that's why I didn't throw my name in.

• Options
    edited September 2007
    Also, maybe I'm just being paranoid, but how do you guys feel comfortable with posting pictures of yourselves in a forum that is viewed by probably a thousand people a day? Aren't you worried that it's going to be jacked and used for nefarious/embarrassing purposes?
    Man, I've seen fucking nekkid pictures of people I only know via here. This is a weird place.

And otherwise I don't really care. If anything was really too embarrassing, I just wouldn't post it.

• Options
    edited September 2007
    LaOs wrote: »
    wanted.jpg

Hehe :) I just realized that most dark, full beards look similarly disreputable, not so much the blonde ones. I wonder why that is.

I actually feel quite fine showing pics of myself on the net.

tn2_christian_bale_2.jpg

Yep, that's me. I am that guy. Yep.
    That's not me sorry.
    I don't like posting pics of myself, I only have pics of myself up on Facebook. I'm not too comfy with that either, but friends put most of them up so there wasn't much I could do about that.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I would be amused if someone went a-photoshopping with a picture of mine. :P then again, my real name is all over the intertubes anyway, even though it's really rare. So I'm weirddd

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I wish I could grow the Green Arrow beard. Ye Olde English Beardstache ftw.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Man, I don't give a shit what people do with pictures of me.

Lord knows I've posted enough pictures of other people looking retarded.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Are there compatibility reasons other than those Microsoft deliberately designed into their products for why you can't run original XBOX games on a Windows machine with more than enough raw power to do so? Seems off-topic for the other thread, so I'm asking here because I was always curious about that but never curious enough to do the research.
    The XBOX uses a unique file system. As far as I know there's no real reason they couldn't have used NTFS, but they didn't. Take that as you will.

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    EDIT: The sex thread is off to a great-- if a little ludicrous and grossly misinformed-- start.
    I require linkage

Salvation122 on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I would be amused if someone went a-photoshopping with a picture of mine. :P then again, my real name is all over the intertubes anyway, even though it's really rare. So I'm weirddd

Opposite. I have no problem with posting pictures of myself all over the place because there are no connections between my real-name and this handle apart from a couple of friends who I've told, and you can't exactly look up a face. Besides, it's not like there's anything nefarious to do with my pictures, I'm not anyone famous/important and if anyone would actually masturbate to pictures of me I feel bad enough for them that I'll let them have it. That's about the only option without any way to connect a name to the face.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    The XBOX uses a unique file system. As far as I know there's no real reason they couldn't have used NTFS, but they didn't. Take that as you will.

I wonder if there would be a market for Microsoft to develop and sell an emulator, now that they've killed production entirely.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Probably not worth a thread, but pretty damn cool.
    Police wiki lets you write the law

It's said the powerful write their own laws, but now everyone can.

Due to a new wiki launched by New Zealand police, members of the public can now contribute to the drafting of the new policing act.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4215797a10.html

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Opposite. I have no problem with posting pictures of myself all over the place because there are no connections between my real-name and this handle apart from a couple of friends who I've told, and you can't exactly look up a face. Besides, it's not like there's anything nefarious to do with my pictures, I'm not anyone famous/important and if anyone would actually masturbate to pictures of me I feel bad enough for them that I'll let them have it. That's about the only option without any way to connect a name to the face.
    Meh, I don't even worry about the name thing. I can't imagine someone actually wanting to stalk me, and even if they did, I don't see how posting my picture on the internet with my name makes it any more likely to happen.

And people can feel free to masturbate to pictures of me.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I just tend to avoid having my picture taken, but I've probably left enough information lying around these boards for a person to figure out who I am if they were really determined enough.

Veegeezee on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Meh, I don't even worry about the name thing. I can't imagine someone actually wanting to stalk me, and even if they did, I don't see how posting my picture on the internet with my name makes it any more likely to happen.

And people can feel free to masturbate to pictures of me.
    I can envision a court taking something one of us said on here way out of context, because they don't really understand the internet and how we mean nearly 1% of what we say 50% of the time.

This discussion has been closed.