As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Where is Mankrik's [chat]?

• Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    60,000 xp till Outlands.
    No more quests left in EPL.
    Nooooooooooo...

Rizzi on
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well, my first post-patch task is nearly complete -- I'm 866 rep from Exalted with Argent Dawn. If anyone on Silver Hand is wondering why the price of Dark Iron Scraps, Savage Flora, and the like has skyrocketed? I'm trying to see if I can get enough insignias to get the epic token from them while I'm at it. I've got enough "of the Dawn" insignias but unless somebody puts a boatload of Savage Flora, Crypt Fiend Parts, or Core of Elements on the AH it's not gonna happen. That quest series is only 20 rep though (22 for me); most of the points I'm getting now are from cleaning the cauldron in Gahron's Withering (55 rep a pop for me) with a healthy amount from Scourgestones (165 rep a pop, since I already have the 25 tokens I'll need when I hit Exalted).

After that? I'm seriously considering working on getting to Revered with Cenarion Circle so I can learn the 24-slot herb bag pattern. I definitely want to finish Honored for the resist enchant; it's really a matter of "at how high of a priority" and "how hard to pursue it". If nothing else, it would free up a lot of bank space on my bank alt, what with 1 bag full and another nearly full of Twilight Cultist pieces.

I've had *lousy* luck getting a group for the next Kara piece (Arcatraz) or the Ogri'la prequests. At least I managed to complete the Blackwing Lair attunement Sunday :) Once I hit Exalted with Argent Dawn I'll complete the Naxx attunement to complete my old world attunement/key collection.

Finally, word is guild banks are coming in Patch 2.3. My tankadin friend and I are awaiting specifics with baited breath. Our "guild" after all is just him, me, his wife, and one of her friends. I'm personally hoping it has bag slots like a regular bank, if so my collection of bag recipes will come in handy.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Mankirk isfunny.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Hooray! Level 58.
    /pantsdance

Rizzi on
  • Options
    SoundwaveSoundwave Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    -SPI- wrote: »
    The Ancient in Ashenvale is pretty bad. But thankfully it mostly patrols off the road.

I was riding my Priest up to Felwood the other day and saw that thing heading right for a level 23 Warlock, I raped the shit out of it and got a /cheer.

Soundwave on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The Ancient in Ashenvale is pretty bad. But thankfully it mostly patrols off the road.

He has a bad habit of patrolling through that one furbolg camp though.

Especially when people are trying to do that group quest where you challenge their chieftan. :shock:

/edit corrected mob type

Nobody on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    The only reason I know what you guys are talking about is that I once watched it demolish some poor hunter a couple of years ago.

Seg on
  • Options
    EuphasieEuphasie Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    TheEmerged wrote: »
    Well, my first post-patch task is nearly complete -- I'm 866 rep from Exalted with Argent Dawn. If anyone on Silver Hand is wondering why the price of Dark Iron Scraps, Savage Flora, and the like has skyrocketed? I'm trying to see if I can get enough insignias to get the epic token from them while I'm at it. I've got enough "of the Dawn" insignias but unless somebody puts a boatload of Savage Flora, Crypt Fiend Parts, or Core of Elements on the AH it's not gonna happen. That quest series is only 20 rep though (22 for me); most of the points I'm getting now are from cleaning the cauldron in Gahron's Withering (55 rep a pop for me) with a healthy amount from Scourgestones (165 rep a pop, since I already have the 25 tokens I'll need when I hit Exalted).

Ooh hey, I never see anyone else from Silver Hand on the fora. Thanks for letting me know not to bother looking on the AH...I may just go hang out with my level 50something guildie who's actually questing in the plaguelands and slaughter zombies for a while. On the other hand, if you feel like farming Strat for crypt fiend legs, /whisper me, I'm always down for the runecloth (damn exodar rep) and scourgestones.

I knew I should have saved my tokens, but I was just too impatient...

Euphasie on
    Euphasie 83 Human Paladin, <Keepers of Azeroth>, Silver Hand (RP-PVE) Smithereena 67ish Gnome Rogue, <Keepers of Azeroth>, Silver Hand (RP-PVE)
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    New 2.3 dailies for BG and 5-mans:
    Daily quests have been added targeting a random battleground for that day. Look for Alliance Brigadier Generals and Horde Warbringers near your faction's battlemasters in all major capitals. The battleground daily quests will reward gold, experience, and honor. You’ll be able to begin these as soon as you’re able to enter the battlegrounds themselves. So if it’s a WSG day, and you’re level 11, you can take the quest.

New daily dungeon quests found in lower city for both the heroic and non-heroic five person dungeons. These are one random regular dungeon AND one heroic dungeon per day. The non-heroic dungeons these will be available for are Shattered Halls, Steamvault, Shadow Labyrinth, Black Morass, Botanica, Mechanar, Arcatraz. All heroic dungeons have an associated daily quest. If a non-heroic and heroic happen to fall on the same dungeon in a single day, one heroic run will allow completion of both quests. The non-heroic quests will reward an ethereum prison key, gold and Consortium faction. The heroic quests will reward 2 Badges of Justice, gold and Consortium faction.
    Maybe now people will have an excuse to get Revered with Thrallmar/Honor Hold. spartaaaci7.gif

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    mankirk's wife? no fuckin' idea homie

oh, you mean that BEATEN CORPSE?

OH YEAH, THAT BEATEN CORPSE IS IN SOME HUT BY A DRIED RIVER

LOL

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Little Jim wrote: »
    mankirk's wife? no fuckin' idea homie

oh, you mean that BEATEN CORPSE?

OH YEAH, THAT BEATEN CORPSE IS IN SOME HUT BY A DRIED RIVER

LOL

franklinft2.jpg

QUILLBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAR!

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ugh.. Weapon skill is a shitty idea.
    Hur.. You can't hit this thing 'coz you dont know how to swing a sword properly.
    It's a god damned boar. How do I miss?

Rizzi on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Everything I see of 2.3 makes me think "Now that's more like a patch!" hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here like 2.2 did *shakes fist*

-SPI- on
  • Options
    fakepointfakepoint Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Tav wrote: »
    I joined 3 PUG's for Heroics today and had a total of 5 level 70s, who were in mostly Heroic/Kara epics, ask me what KTM was. Did the patch make everyone retarded, or just my rotten luck?

some people use omen

fakepoint on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Omen however has the capability to receive info from KTM, and to send its info to KTM... so I can only guess they had neither, since he probably saw he was the only one on his KTM meter.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Everything I see of 2.3 makes me think "Now that's more like a patch!" hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here like 2.2 did *shakes fist*

Tigole says PTR hopefully, first week of october.

Well, at least Zul'aman.

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Which probably means, since they won't have 2.2.2 PTRs and 2.3 PTRs up simultaneously, that 2.2.2 is getting patched in Tuesday.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Al Baron wrote: »

Tigole says PTR hopefully, first week of october.

Well, at least Zul'aman.
    So what, January 2008 for 2.3 to hit?

I kid

... or do I?

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Venkman90Venkman90 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    My bet is Christmas time ish, then 2.4 in Spring with Xpac new year 2009, their "1 expansion per year" thing was over ambitious and also bullshit

note, this is a good thing, the level cap going up once a year is a crap idea "glhf with the 7 very hard raid dungeons you have 8 months bai"

Venkman90 on
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    fakepoint wrote: »
    I joined 3 PUG's for Heroics today and had a total of 5 level 70s, who were in mostly Heroic/Kara epics, ask me what KTM was. Did the patch make everyone retarded, or just my rotten luck?

some people use omen

some people can control their aggro in five mans without mods.

probably quite hard, but i hear some people manage

exis on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    exis wrote: »
    fakepoint wrote: »

some people use omen

some people can control their aggro in five mans without mods.

probably quite hard, but i hear some people manage

I use Omen, but its just easier in a group to say KTM since, well I assumed until yesterday, that everyone knew what KTM was.

And they had Kara epics, too.

Tav on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Hur.. You can't hit this thing 'coz you dont know how to swing a sword properly.

They should remove weapon skill and just make it hidden and an automatic (5 x level). I hate getting a new weapon and discover I have 97 skill in it at level 70. :x

Echo on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Weapon skill is pretty pointless, since you either have it maxed or you don't use it at all. If you got special attacks from having weapon skill at certain levels (like in, say, FFXI), which I assume is what Blizzard originally had in mind with the concept of weapon skill, then it'd have been fine.

Of course, such a concept doesn't fit into the game as it stands now at all.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Echo wrote: »

They should remove weapon skill and just make it hidden and an automatic (5 x level). I hate getting a new weapon and discover I have 97 skill in it at level 70. :x
    Yeah, weapon skill is something they should just dump, it's pretty pointless and stupid.

They also need to do something about levelling hunter pets and gaining loyalty. They should just automatically be brought to your level like warlock pets or something. Anything that could allow me to tame a low level pet with my 70 and train him to my level quickly would be appreciated. Although I guess the quicker 1-60 levelling will help somewhat. That is if they don't forget to change the pets level XP requirements, which I can actually imagine happening and would be hilarious and horrible at the same time.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Yeah, weapon skill is something they should just dump, it's pretty pointless and stupid.

They also need to do something about levelling hunter pets and gaining loyalty. They should just automatically be brought to your level like warlock pets or something. Anything that could allow me to tame a low level pet with my 70 and train him to my level quickly would be appreciated. Although I guess the quicker 1-60 levelling will help somewhat. That is if they don't forget to change the pets level XP requirements, which I can actually imagine happening and would be hilarious and horrible at the same time.

Doesn't manually leveling a pet from 5/6-70 net it higher stats than you'd get otherwise by simply taming a pet at a super high level? Or is that just some urban myth?

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    korodullin wrote: »

Doesn't manually leveling a pet from 5/6-70 net it higher stats than you'd get otherwise by simply taming a pet at a super high level? Or is that just some urban myth?

That'd be pokemon blue/red edition there. :lol:

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    I don't play Pokémon, so...

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I don't "play pokemon" either, but I have the original games, like pretty much everyone who ever had a gameboy.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2007

I don't "play pokemon" either, but I have the original games, like pretty much everyone who ever had a gameboy.

Well, I owned every Game Boy iteration up to and including the original GBA, and I don't own a single Pokémon cart. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that.

BUT HAY GUYZ WOW

The Priest changes and the new daily quest system almost make me want to re-sub.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007

Well, I owned every Game Boy iteration up to and including the original GBA, and I don't own a single Pokémon cart. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about that.

BUT HAY GUYZ WOW

The Priest changes and the new daily quest system almost make me want to re-sub.

Well, you missed out on the awesomeness of the original game. All the rest since, though? Nah, not missing much, its more of the same.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2007
    Maybe I can actually start doing heroics now. :P I have keys for Coilfang and CoT, and I'm close to TK.

Echo on
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Maybe I can actually start doing heroics now. :P I have keys for Coilfang and CoT, and I'm close to TK.

I need to start doing Slave Pens on Heroic since that's about the first instance that drops a 70 healing belt (I'm still using my damage belt on my healing set because I have never seen a healing belt. Ever.) However, Durnholde on heroic is like getting kicked in the teeth. I'm not so sure I like the idea of being keyed for everything anymore. :P

Nova_C on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    If nothing else, the incentive to go will be heightened through knowing that at least part of your repair bill (if any) will be covered. Moreso if they happen to make these higher than 12 gold for a payout, and considering the time required even to rip up an easy heroic, it'd make sense to do so.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    60,000 xp till Outlands.
    No more quests left in EPL.
    Nooooooooooo...

You know, I forget the asshole in guild chat who told me about it being "Outland" with no S, but I swear to god, every time I see this word miss-used now, it completely annoys me.

Ahhh, ignorance is (was) bliss.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Nova_C wrote: »

I need to start doing Slave Pens on Heroic since that's about the first instance that drops a 70 healing belt (I'm still using my damage belt on my healing set because I have never seen a healing belt. Ever.) However, Durnholde on heroic is like getting kicked in the teeth. I'm not so sure I like the idea of being keyed for everything anymore. :P

SP is pretty easy. I wouldn't stress about it.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Racist JokeRacist Joke Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    More 2.3 updates:

•Auction's duration have been changed to 12, 24 or 48 hours. Also deposit prices for all duration will be the same.
    •Escape Artist has now a 1 min 45sec cooldown.
    •Power Word: Fortitude, Divine Spirit, Prayer of Fortitude and Prayer of Spirit will have their mana costs reduced. (UPDATED)
    •Elune's Grace (Night Elf Priest Racial)effect changed to reduce chance to be hit by melee and ranged attacksby 20% for 15 seconds. There is now only 1 rank of the spell.

Racist Joke on
    Steam
    Xbox Live: Kunohara
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Kunohara wrote: »
    More 2.3 updates:

•Auction's duration have been changed to 12, 24 or 48 hours. Also deposit prices for all duration will be the same.

I saw this and my pants got tight.
    •Escape Artist has now a 1 min 45sec cooldown.

This is such an odd number for them. They often work in whole minutes, or easy fractions (1.5 minutes, etc). 105 seconds just feels weird... like they felt that 1 minute was too short, 2 was too long... and somehow 1.5 wasn't the right compromise.

Forar on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    •Elune's Grace (Night Elf Priest Racial)effect changed to reduce chance to be hit by melee and ranged attacksby 20% for 15 seconds. There is now only 1 rank of the spell.

That's pretty damn good. No more laughing at Nelf priests for their racials.

reVerse on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    reVerse wrote: »

That's pretty damn good. No more laughing at Nelf priests for their racials.

I thought they were laughed at just cause.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Fear Ward rotations should be interesting. Not enough priests on hand to match up to the encounter? Hope your warrior's a good dancer.

Forar on
This discussion has been closed.