As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DADDY ISSUES (also itt hells of player-hatin' on mormons)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited September 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • 150cc150cc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2007
    Belruel wrote: »
    150cc wrote: »
    my family is mormon D:

when my batshit crazy grandma found out i wasn't mormon anymore she sat there gaping like a fish, then said in a voice that sounded forced:

"Don't worry, you're still my granddaughter."

haha, as if i care.

Belruel do you still wear the sacred underpants

They will protect you from harm you know

(for serious how did you stop being a mormon, that is pretty near impossible to be able to do)

they still try and get me back, if they ever really start being obsessive again i'll just get excommunicated and shut their mouths. my parents still call it "the church" (as in "he is a member of "the church") and talk to me as though i am a member. but oh man, am i ever not.

How in the world did you get away from the Mormon brainwashing

Mormon brainwashing is some of the best because Mormonism is all about what you're feeling and if you feel like it's right it must be true

"I have a burning in my bosom that tells me Mormonism is right so don't you go showing me rational evidence that Joe Smith was a crook and that early Mormons were asshats"

Don't get me wrong I like how nice Mormons are except for the fact that they are often nice in the way Christians are: nice because they have to be, and nice in a pretentious we're better than you way

haha, i know exactly what you are talking about. i figured out it was all bullshit once and for all when i was 15, i was in 'young womens' and they blatently said to my face "women should only live in the home, and it is their duty to have as many children as their husband may want." also "women may not enter 'the highest level of heaven' (best heaven planet) unless they are 'sealed' to a male holder of the mechelzadick priesthood."

fuck that noise.

Got to have lots of babies so those spirit children in space from Kolob have bodies to inhabit

Three cheers for you belruel way to go, you are so in the minority

(I am having a great time watching this documentary where this Australian guy goes to Salt Lake City and goes door to door "athiest evangelizing" to Mormons and giving them a taste of their own medicine, it is hilarious)

I don't live in Utah but I do live right next to Mesa Arizona, which is pretty much the biggest Mormon population in one spot outside of the beehive state

haha, we used to go to utah every summer for a week to visit my mom's family, it was pretty bad. i told her last year that i wouldn't ever go up there again after all of the crazy shit that happened. she freaked out and the family went nuts.

my 'ward' (group of church people in my area) still try and get me to go to church again because i am 'inactive' (seriously, there's a list, and i am on it) and it gets really annoying. i remember being in church, and they cycle through the inactives list and chose one to bug for a month, then go to the next. if i thought they actually cared i might be nice, but i know its just a list to them so i've gotten rather harsh.

I have never been to a Mormon church service but my friend went once and he says it feels like a club with attendance and everything, is that true

I had heard about the inactives list before, that is a crackup

150cc on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Tell me that's not an 80's hair metal Christian band.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited September 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Tell me that's not an 80's hair metal Christian band.

ding ding ding

Whippy on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    13 was pretty much the worst year of my life so uh

man i don't know if your dad was off

was this when you broke up with the thirty year old woman who was touching your peepee on a regular basis

26 and yep.

also

my grandfather died

my father had a nervous breakdown and attempted suicide

my mother was in an abusive relationship that resulted in her also having a kid

i had moved just the year before and was just starting to make new friends at school when high school was looming and then suddenly divided us in half due to a change in the zones

my brother had been hit by a car resulting in very severe injuries

without my dad to rely on for advice and counsel i completely lost my capability to feel for other people and completely went backwards to being a cold bastard.

and then i started high school!

Pony on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I helped a friend with a play at the Lutheran church he used to teach Sunday school at.

He's recently converted to Buddhism.

Abracadaniel on
  • tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    tugga wrote: »
    my grandmother did to my father pretty much the same things that 150 is talking about

most notably she told him, after his dog was ran over and killed right in front of him, that God was punishing him for being bad

i think he was 8 at the time

that is pretty much why we ignore religion at my house, there are better things i could do with my time

My all time favorite quote from my dad is when it was my thirteenth birthday and I was having a party with family and some good friends

And my dad says

CONGRATULATIONS, SON

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE WORST YEAR OF YOUR LIFE

Wow, happy birthday, thanks dad

my grandfather who i am named after was the most rad of guys, especially for being married to satan, mentioned above. There was one picture i saw of him sittin on a tractor in a field of eight foot tall hemp, you know when they used it for rope. He bred guinea pigs for one year just so they could make their house payment. Hardest working man i have ever heard of, and i wish i got to know him better :(

this guy would out loud call his kids 'sons a bitches' right in front of my grandma just to get a rise out of her.

Fucking cunt signed the papers of the family farm, which was in his name, over to these 'self righteous' faggots with the "God makes us better than you" attitude people on the way to his funeral

i fucking hate this woman

tugga on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    P.O.D..jpg

Just to put a band that isn't terrifying out there.

Well, unless you hate their genre, which is highly likely.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    my family is mormon D:

when my batshit crazy grandma found out i wasn't mormon anymore she sat there gaping like a fish, then said in a voice that sounded forced:

haha, as if i care.

(for serious how did you stop being a mormon, that is pretty near impossible to be able to do)

they still try and get me back, if they ever really start being obsessive again i'll just get excommunicated and shut their mouths. my parents still call it "the church" (as in "he is a member of "the church") and talk to me as though i am a member. but oh man, am i ever not.

Mormon brainwashing is some of the best because Mormonism is all about what you're feeling and if you feel like it's right it must be true

"I have a burning in my bosom that tells me Mormonism is right so don't you go showing me rational evidence that Joe Smith was a crook and that early Mormons were asshats"

Don't get me wrong I like how nice Mormons are except for the fact that they are often nice in the way Christians are: nice because they have to be, and nice in a pretentious we're better than you way

haha, i know exactly what you are talking about. i figured out it was all bullshit once and for all when i was 15, i was in 'young womens' and they blatently said to my face "women should only live in the home, and it is their duty to have as many children as their husband may want." also "women may not enter 'the highest level of heaven' (best heaven planet) unless they are 'sealed' to a male holder of the mechelzadick priesthood."

fuck that noise.

Got to have lots of babies so those spirit children in space from Kolob have bodies to inhabit

(I am having a great time watching this documentary where this Australian guy goes to Salt Lake City and goes door to door "athiest evangelizing" to Mormons and giving them a taste of their own medicine, it is hilarious)

I don't live in Utah but I do live right next to Mesa Arizona, which is pretty much the biggest Mormon population in one spot outside of the beehive state

haha, we used to go to utah every summer for a week to visit my mom's family, it was pretty bad. i told her last year that i wouldn't ever go up there again after all of the crazy shit that happened. she freaked out and the family went nuts.

my 'ward' (group of church people in my area) still try and get me to go to church again because i am 'inactive' (seriously, there's a list, and i am on it) and it gets really annoying. i remember being in church, and they cycle through the inactives list and chose one to bug for a month, then go to the next. if i thought they actually cared i might be nice, but i know its just a list to them so i've gotten rather harsh.

I have never been to a Mormon church service but my friend went once and he says it feels like a club with attendance and everything, is that true

yea, they take attendance, and if you are found to be missing they call you in for a meeting with the 'bishop' (leader of the 'ward'). i got called in a couple times because my parents would take me to church, but whne it came time to go to class i would slip out the back and sit under a tree and play my gameboy. i was so sick of being forced to be there, i knew more about the bible then most of the teachers, and i was sick of having the same ignorant lession spewed at me for years upon years.

also, when i was about 14 they made me do 'baptisms for the dead'. you go into the temple, and get baptised for a long list of people who are dead and never were baptised. they do this without anyones permission. how fucking pretentious is that?

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited September 2007
    POD are pretty inoffensive

they're like a cleaned up version of Korn.

Pony on
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    edited September 2007
    satteliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiites

Whippy on
  • Mr. ShineMr. Shine Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    This whole thread.

It's full of Oh my science what's wrong with these people.

But holy shit, tugga.

Mr. Shine on
    Yeah your alias says your captain Jean-Luc Picard of the United Federation of Planets, 'cause he won't speak English anyway.
    edited September 2007
    terri_schiavo_and_mom.jpg

SHE IS SMILING IN THAT PICTURE BECAUSE SHE KNOWS SHE WILL BE WITH THE LORD SOON

150cc on
    edited September 2007
    yeah a bit late but tugga

what you told that chick's dad

h5 dude you got the brassest balls

the brassest

Pony on
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    the mormon underwear is the best

My (not really) Mormon friend would go on and on about the underwear.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    OBLIGATORY MENTION OF CHICK TRACTS

CHICK TRACTS

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    edited September 2007
    As7 wrote: »
    the mormon underwear is the best

My (not really) Mormon friend would go on and on about the underwear.

they are called 'garmets' and once you have them you aren't supposed to talk about them. my aunts wear them to the beach.

super secret holy underwear guys.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited September 2007
    I can't find any good pictures of FIF. Google has failed.

Well, have an album cover instead.

200px-FiveIronFrenzy2ElectricBoogaloo.jpg

The lead singer ran their merchandise booth at Warped Tour.

I still have the shirt he designed somewhere.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • As7As7 Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I'm realizing that at 13 I pretty much felt and acted like Quazi Modo, except I went to school and played way too many video games and stuff.

As7 on
    XBOX Live: Arsenic7
    Secret Satan
    edited September 2007

man, FIF is completely totally awesome. i was so pissed that i found out about them right as they broke up.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited September 2007
    At thirteen me and my brother were digging unstable tunnels from out yard into the lot behind ours.

Abracadaniel on
    edited September 2007
    my family is mormon D:

haha, as if i care.

fuck that noise.

yea, they take attendance, and if you are found to be missing they call you in for a meeting with the 'bishop' (leader of the 'ward'). i got called in a couple times because my parents would take me to church, but whne it came time to go to class i would slip out the back and sit under a tree and play my gameboy. i was so sick of being forced to be there, i knew more about the bible then most of the teachers, and i was sick of having the same ignorant lession spewed at me for years upon years.

also, when i was about 14 they made me do 'baptisms for the dead'. you go into the temple, and get baptised for a long list of people who are dead and never were baptised. they do this without anyones permission. how fucking pretentious is that?

Once my dad and I went to SLC when I was a kid because he had this conference to go to

So that was one of my many fond memories with him, it was basically "fuck with mormons week"

We walked into the tabernacle and while a tour was going on my dad said "let's test these famous acoustics" and let rip a massive fart, it was glorious

I got hells of pissed though when we went into the genealogy center and found out that some of my ancestors got baptized

I can't believe people don't sue the Mormons for doing stuff like that

So should I go to my local brick church with white steeple to see a service sometime, is it worth it for comedy's sake? (i will give them a fake name and address)

150cc on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    OBLIGATORY LINK TO CHICK TRACTS

http://www.chick.com/catalog/tractlist.asp

because seriously these people just make me eat a giant bowl of WHAT THE FUCK

Vivixenne on
    edited September 2007

man, FIF is completely totally awesome. i was so pissed that i found out about them right as they broke up.

They're just all doing different things. Reese has a new side project, and Brave Saint Saturn are still going(his acoustic-esque group).

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2007
    i love 150cc threads

i just wanted to put that out there

Pony on
    edited September 2007
    god yes viv we know what chick tracts are we had a thread already GOD

Abracadaniel on
    edited September 2007
    Moon God?

Abracadaniel on
    edited September 2007
    Dumb Hero wrote: »

it was long enough ago that I'm abhorred all over again at the sight of these monstrosities

Vivixenne on
    edited September 2007
    man when i was in high school

the chicks in the youth ministry gave the best head

lol catholics

Pony on
    edited September 2007
    Doggs sorry that my threads for the last two weeks have basically been PROTESTANT CHRISTIANS ARE PISSING ME OFF

I promise I will try to vary it up

150cc on
    edited September 2007
    my family is mormon D:

haha, as if i care.

fuck that noise.

Once my dad and I went to SLC when I was a kid because he had this conference to go to

So that was one of my many fond memories with him, it was basically "fuck with mormons week"

We walked into the tabernacle and while a tour was going on my dad said "let's test these famous acoustics" and let rip a massive fart, it was glorious

I got hells of pissed though when we went into the genealogy center and found out that some of my ancestors got baptized

I can't believe people don't sue the Mormons for doing stuff like that

So should I go to my local brick church with white steeple to see a service sometime, is it worth it for comedy's sake? (i will give them a fake name and address)

eeeh. its 3 hours long, sacrament is one hour, but if they know you are new they will probably user you to classes like best buddies. it is also really really boring. but if you are bored one sunday, you could do it for the laughs.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
    edited September 2007
    It's a good cause.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited September 2007
    Doggs sorry that my threads for the last two weeks have basically been PROTESTANT CHRISTIANS ARE PISSING ME OFF

I promise I will try to vary it up

thus far they have been golden

Pony on
  • Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    Meissnerd wrote: »
    I think religion is pretty important, if you believe in it. Don't say you believe something and then not practise what it requires.

I had a HUUUUGE problem with doing Confirmation, because at that time I wholly rejected religion and Catholicism in particular so the very idea of Confirmation (making the adult choice to serve the Church) seemed directly hypocritical and a lie.

My mother's argument was basically "Just do this for me, and if after, you decide something else, then fine. But have your bases covered"

mom i am pretty sure that is not how sacraments work.

But I did it anyway because I didn't want to fight with her about it.

late, but yeah

i didn't get confirmed, luckily my mom was cool with it (my dad isn't religious)

confirmation is beautiful in the sense that if you really are catholic, its a way of saying "hey, god, church, i'm going to do my best to serve you all my life and here is how i am showing that".

it should only be for adults though

they moved the confirmation age to like third grade or something

its bullshit

Ol' Sparky on
    edited September 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »

it was long enough ago that I'm abhorred all over again at the sight of these monstrosities

you shouldn't talk about fellow forumers like that.

Abracadaniel on
    edited September 2007
    Hook 'em while they're young.
    Like the tobacco industry?
    Christ, if only we had their numbers.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2007

See, I just thought she was glancing downward.

naporeon on
    edited September 2007

[Deleted User] on
    edited September 2007
    naporeon wrote: »

See, I just thought she was glancing downward.

kees me you fool

Abracadaniel on