As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How do I make my avatar cycle? gif maybe?

LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
edited September 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Apparently I have several halloween avatars and I like em so I was wondering how you do the avatar cycling thing like munkus has for his avatar. Anyone know? I figured it would be easier to ask all of H/A rather than just PM munkus, correct me if I was wrong.

Lardalish on

• Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Some sort of server-side script which opens a directory, reads in the files in it, randomly selects one, then serves up the correct content-type would be a way of making an image randomiser.

I am not sure if you need to do any crazy tricks in order to make vBulletin accept it.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ok, I dont know how to do any of that.

Uhhh... maybe in more layman terms? Or a how to... sorry for the ignorance.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    lookup in google 'random signature'

several ways of doing it, i believe this is the easiest (and doesn't require your own webspace other than images hosted on photobucket)

http://www.rotatingsignature.com/

one i just threw together to check the site using 2 images
    8d6dc35e506fc23349dd10ee68dabb64.gif

not sure how to make it work for your avatar exactly. but you could probably post the link (not in img tags) in the location space and see if that works.

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Ok, I tried a couple of those sites and they didnt work for the avatar, I got "Invalid URL" whenever I put it into the avatar thing.

SO, Ive decided to alter my approach. I would like to make a gif of the two pictures, but I have no idea what Im doing with that. So how do I make a gif?

Lardalish on