Options

Ultimate Gaming center Woes, Pics, post yours.

2»

• Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    slash000 wrote: »
    Stasis, are you not at all worried about the ventilation for that Wii you've got there? It doesn't seem like it has much breathing space.

It might look a bit more crowded in the picture than it really is.
    WiiSpace.jpg

I didn't think it got that hot, so I didn't think it needed a whole lot of space. I wouldn't pack my 360 in a space that small, that's for sure. You think I should give it a little more room? I threw those games there because the rack on top of the cabinet was full, so I could just put those somewhere else and there'd be plenty more room.

Stasis on
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I guess it's not as bad as it looks from the other angle. Seems like it has some good breathing space on its sides and behind it. As long as the vent isn't obscured.

Also, you should get a Wavebird or something so you don't have a cable dangling out from the thing.

slash000 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    slash000 wrote: »
    Also, you should get a Wavebird or something so you don't have a cable dangling out from the thing.

Yeah, I know. The last time I bought a controller, I didn't believe in wireless controllers. Ah, the stupidity of my youth. :P I'm too stingy to buy a controller just to get rid of cords though.
    Variable wrote: »
    very nice. I really like the cabinet, nice work.

Thanks. :D I shouldn't have said I built it myself though... My dad helped me build it and then I coerced my mom into putting on a few coats of polyurethane. :lol:

Stasis on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have a Ps2 and a Ps3

Ps2 is in the cupboard, Ps3 is sitting next to my 0.1" TV

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    syndalis wrote: »
    Any REAL reason for the PS1 in your setup, Monkey?

I keep my PS1 for GameSharking and Tomba. And I have a PSOne with an LCD screen that makes kicking back on the bed with some Battle Hunter or SotN possible.
    EliteLamer wrote: »
    Why do I even keep my Sega Saturn netlink. Nothing from Sega pissed me off more than Netlink because I remember when I got it I was so excited to get online but once I got up and running there was no one to fucking play with. I was so pissed off fucking shit hell damn. I think I was 13 when I got it.

What games you do you have? I don't think it'll happen this paycheck, but the one after it I'm considering getting a landline installed, and I will kick your ass at Duke Nukem 3D or Daytona USA any day of the week.

Einhander on
  • Options
    DarkSymphonyDarkSymphony Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Where's Waldo?

Gamecenter.jpg

and then here's my PS1 games, Saturn + Sega CD games and SNES games. Although the cart-only SNES games aren't labled.

Gamecentercont.jpg

not pictures is my Cobalt Flux. it's in retirement right now. I rarely play DDR any more :( sad face. And hmmm, half my PS3 games are with my brother. he came and took them and wrote me a note telling me of such an action.

oh I drew that Rei picture on the wall that's being covered up by action figures and such. I have 1 huge wall drawing per wall. Faye Valentine, Rei, Rikku and Hiro + Lucia.

DarkSymphony on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My game center, fucking tiny:
    Gamestationfront.jpg

My arse station, the chair has a doona over it cause my arse hurt after 3 hours of playing.
    Gamestationarsearea.jpg

And my computer area, its pretty snazzy.
    Computerpit.jpg

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Anyone ever look at hooking up a VC before? A computer hooked up to the tv to run old games?

I've got an old Apple tower hooked to my TV. It's not for VC purpose but it can and has been used for things like that. My TV has VGA input so the biggest problem is connecting anything to it for a controller that reaches past my coffee table.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Stasis wrote: »
    My setup (and a bad picture):
    DearGoodnessTheCables.jpg
    Featuring: Westinghouse 37" 1080p LCD monitor, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360, Thrall action figure

I had to build the cabinet myself because I couldn't find anything anywhere that would work. D:

One of these days I need to clean it up. It's a mess.

And the cables.

Next time you build another shelf, or decide to work on this one, you should put a back on it. Then drill some holes to allow cables to be fed through. Also consider installing some tiny PC case fans into it to aid in your ventilation, if it is a concern of yours. The backing to the shelving unit will really help hide the mess that lies behind and give an over all nicer look.
    As for the fans, unless you run every thing in there at the same time for weeks on end, it shouldn't be an issue.

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    xYUUBINKYOKUxxYUUBINKYOKUx Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    PatboyX wrote: »
    Anyone ever look at hooking up a VC before? A computer hooked up to the tv to run old games?

I've got an old Apple tower hooked to my TV. It's not for VC purpose but it can and has been used for things like that. My TV has VGA input so the biggest problem is connecting anything to it for a controller that reaches past my coffee table.

If only it was an old PC and not an old apple then you could just get a wireless 360 controller for it.

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Here's mine:

37" Sharp Aquos 1080p
    Yamaha 5.1 System
    Xbox 360
    Xbox Phatty
    Wii
    Mah DS Lite.
    Frank. The Bouncer.
    Picture082.jpg

Fucking wires.

I'm with you brother, got me the 46'' Sharp Aquos 1080p .... fucking rocks to play on. Good choice ;-)

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Don't complain about your wires unless you are doing something to quell their anger.
    For instance for the above... get some plastic conduit, slide it down the side, slide the cables in, and voila. All you have now is a single black snake filled with wire. Not invisible, but surely an improvement.
    Alternativly, zip tie or otherwise attach the wires to the back of the post for the TV stand. Then, run all the wires across the carpet and put a small rug runner back there to cover their travels.
    See? Options!

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My game center, fucking tiny:
    Gamestationfront.jpg

My arse station, the chair has a doona over it cause my arse hurt after 3 hours of playing.
    Gamestationarsearea.jpg

And my computer area, its pretty snazzy.
    Computerpit.jpg

Man, how did you afford the PS3, yet you game on that TV. I think sir, its time to upgrade that TV. Honestly ... (from personal experiance) playing a PS3 on a SDTV under 21''.... you probably better off with a PS2 and save some cash. :P

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've posted my setup waaay too many times, but it has had a CD32 added to it, so I guess I'll take another picture tonight :)

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    PatboyX wrote: »

If only it was an old PC and not an old apple then you could just get a wireless 360 controller for it.

Yes, but then I would break the rule of this project: no new purchases. I wanted to make a semi-entertainment center without buying one damn thing.
    And, so far, I've done it.
    I considered an old PC that I have in my attic but the Apple was newer and would do more of what I wanted.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Here's my current setup.
    IMG_07151.jpg

Yeah, I know my center speaker is off-center, but its close enough. I was feeling bad about my wire clutter until I looked at this thread.

The Dreamcast is hooked up with a VGA cable, for the sexy sexy 480p.

I busted out the old rabbit ears to watch Reaper in HD. Fucking cable provider needs to get on the fucking ball with the HD channels already!

Dirty on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Really the only things hooked up to it are a DVD player and Xbox360 so I don't really have to worry about a ton of wires.
    Stuff%20003.jpg

Here is where all the other consoles and stuff go. There are a whole bunch of older ones that I don't have the original boxes for packed up in that blue bin on top.
    Stuff%20004.jpg

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    hahaha

Hackers

LewieP on
  • Options
    guidedbyvicesguidedbyvices Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

I'm with you brother, got me the 46'' Sharp Aquos 1080p .... fucking rocks to play on. Good choice ;-)

I spent a good month trying to figure out which TV was right for me...
    And the Aquos nailed it. Really happy with the purchase. Cheers. :)

guidedbyvices on
    PSN RadCrimes
  • Options
    guidedbyvicesguidedbyvices Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is that the Laser disc edition of Hackers in an album frame?
    Snap.

guidedbyvices on
    PSN RadCrimes
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Is that the Laser disc edition of Hackers in an album frame?
    Snap.

Well its the jacket for it anyway. The laserdisc was cracked when I got it which was sad. But on the up side I turned it in to a kick ass art piece for my cold glass class.
    Relic.jpg

xYUUBINKYOKUx on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Thought I may as well go ahead and post a picture of the reason I picked my particular TV.
    IMG_0742.jpg

I remember back when I didn't have the funds to spend on a decent TV, but I would still research them and ogle them at Best Buy, split-screen seemed to be a relatively common feature. By the time I had the disposable income to waste on it, the feature was nearly extinct. Its so fucking convenient though. Especially when the girlfriend wants to watch some Grey's Anatomy bullshit and I have no intention of putting down the Wii Remote any time soon.

Dirty on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    that's extremely cool.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Next time you build another shelf, or decide to work on this one, you should put a back on it. Then drill some holes to allow cables to be fed through. Also consider installing some tiny PC case fans into it to aid in your ventilation, if it is a concern of yours. The backing to the shelving unit will really help hide the mess that lies behind and give an over all nicer look.
    As for the fans, unless you run every thing in there at the same time for weeks on end, it shouldn't be an issue.

I intentionally left off the back because
    1. Open back helps ventilation.
    2. There's a good six inches of space between the wall and the cabinet, and all the cables still have a tough time fitting back there. D: I don't think trying to run that many cables through holes in the shelves would be a good idea, and it would be an even bigger hassle than it already is any time I want to move, add, or remove anything. My comment about the cables was in reference to all the controller cables, not the stuff behind everything.

Also, the A/V receiver actually doesn't fit the width of the shelf. It hangs off about an inch on the front and back. It really wouldn't fit if there was a back on the thing. :P

Stasis on
  • Options
    EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Now that I think about it do I even need to set up another computer for games and movies when I have one in my room. All I need to do is run an svideo to my TV right? What about some type wireless remote and controller for my computer?

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    YathrinYathrin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Here's my set-up, I really have to get around to cleaning up the wires.
    DSC00167.jpg

Yathrin on
    Deirdan.png
    card.png
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    damn you people and your nice tvs.

slash000 on
  • Options
    The_DcipleThe_Dciple Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I don't nearly have enough space. I was also thinking of getting a new t.v. but that's just getting a bit greedy.
    DSC00117.jpg
    DSC00116.jpg

The_Dciple on
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    urahonky wrote: »
    My stuff:

Consoles/TV:
    consoles.jpg

Games:
    games.jpg

Not pictured: My SNES (In process of moving), all of my DS games, all of my PC games, and all of my SNES games.

Computer:
    desk.jpg

MAN!
    when i clicked the first TV spoiler, a little bit of sperm came out of the tip!

delphinus on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I just did my whole room, as I just cleaned it and am proud. :P Spoiler'd for HUGE.
    2m323gw.jpg
    NZXT HUSH case, 22" monitor +19" CRT, 5.1 surround etc...
    iy0qvm.jpg

28 days later poster, bed +swords
    2cllvp.jpg
    Cole clark FL2AC, Cort G250, posters of various bands.
    25refs9.jpg

My games and other shiz

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    ScumdoggScumdogg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hrm... i don't seem to have any current pictures on the computer at this moment in time. But here's my setup:

The living room TV (52" DLP) is on a makeshift stand made from metal and pressboard garage shelving, with a wire rack next to it for more consoles. I hate entertainment centers, they're a bitch to move and that's how shit overheats. Here's what's hooked up to that TV:

DVD player
    NES
    Genesis w/Sega CD and 32X
    SNES
    Saturn
    Dreamcast
    N64
    Wii
    PS2
    Xbox
    Gamecube
    Xbox 360

Then i have a bunch of stuff hooked up to an old 27" crt in the office:

Beta player/VCR-alternating as use dictates
    Atari 2600/7800-also alternating
    Odyssey2
    Playstation
    TurboGrafx 16

It's not so hard to store and hook up all the consoles as it is to store the games where they can be easily accessed. If i can get my toy room scaled back a little bit (or get a bigger toy room), plans are to relocate everything older than the current-gen systems into a game room/toy room scenario, because our living room storage needs are out of control.

Scumdogg on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ah well I'm home so heres some fresh, if abit dark sorry, pics of my setup.

Well, the setup myself and my bro created :D
    IMG_0201.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0204.jpg
    Ah my wheel mount! Specially designed so I'm able to fold it up and pack it behind the couch when the missus is around haha. Those babies are a surefire female repelent... They just don't understand how much better Forza 2 is with it! Speaking of which
    IMG_0205.jpg
    I see that alot hehe.

Shown are:
    Xbox
    Wii
    PS3
    Xbox360
    N64 (oh yeah, Goldeneye :D)
    HDD
    Switch
    2xPSP
    2xDS
    GBA Micro+SP
    Panasonia Veria 50" Plasma <3 worth every penny.

Absent:
    PS2
    GCN
    PS1
    NES

Had to make room *shrugs*

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JeanJean Heartbroken papa bear Gatineau, QuébecRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was looking for a thread in which I could show off my new TV but my setup still suck compared to many of you. O well, I'm very happy with that I got
    [photo028qj9.th.jpg

TV itself
    photo029qu1.th.jpg

DVD player (Up) HD terminal (down) Base (on the ground)
    photo030mw9.th.jpg

One of the speakers. I had to pile up my PS2 games together to make space for the new bigger TV.
    photo031zv4.th.jpg

PS2, Wii (the empty spot on the table is reserved for the 360) and one more speaker

Jean on
    "You won't destroy us, You won't destroy our democracy. We are a small but proud nation. No one can bomb us to silence. No one can scare us from being Norway. This evening and tonight, we'll take care of each other. That's what we do best when attacked'' - Jens Stoltenberg