Options

[PHALLA] PhalLOST - The Tailies : ROUND 13 - Greats Win!

1272829303133»

• Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Would love to know why Thorpe dropped.

This is why game moderators usually have inactivity clauses :P

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    XevoXevo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think I deserve accolades. Not for almost singlehandedly designing the Greats strategy near the end of the game. Oh no. I deserve a fucking parade for dealing with Xevo.

You know at the end I had to be nice to him so he would cooperate?

I need to take a shower...

I didn't need Zot to be suspicious of you. You took over from B:L, lying to everyone about how it happened, and then proceeded to make pretty much the same stupid kinds of decisions he made.

As far as my not trusting B:L at the start of the game, he both privately and publicly claimed there were SIX SEERS in the Great Network. What fucking horrible Phalla that wasn't specifically designed that way would have more than 2-3 seers at the most? If he had just used the proper terminology from the get-go, i.e. saying we had 3 seers and 3 CONVERTERS in the network, I might have actually believed what he was telling me.

Also, his using the terms seer and converter interchangeably led to much confusion for the first several days, as people would be like "I'm seering so-and-so tonight."

Xevo on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So Xevo, does this mean you have learned to not lie about what you know in a phalla?

:P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Uhhh are you claiming I lied in this game? Because I certainly hope you aren't! :D

And yes, I apologized profusely for my actions in the Greatwood Phalla in the dead thread there.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Xevo wrote: »
    Uhhh are you claiming I lied in this game? Because I certainly hope you aren't! :D

And yes, I apologized profusely for my actions in the Greatwood Phalla in the dead thread there.
    Nah, just ribs from the greatwood game. :P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    As far as my not trusting B:L at the start of the game, he both privately and publicly claimed there were SIX SEERS in the Great Network.
    Uhh yeah, the claim that we got six GREATS was much after you went batshit loco on me.

But then again, I can't fault you because your amazing analytical skills (with the help of Zot) totally read the situation right as always.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    You said it on Day 2, dumbass. You said it publicly in the game thread, on my board, and on the anon board. And not Six Greats, Six SEERS. As in you were combining the normal special Seers such as myself and Free Agent, with the Greats who were Converters and had next to no Seering ability.

ETA: Link with the 6 Seer Reveal in the Game Thread: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=3122358#post3122358

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    dumbass.
    I'll take that to mean I'm a genius. :lol:

I'm not the one who turned on my seer target, who I could tell was not an OTHER.

And you gotta do a better job than that to convince me that you wouldn't have went "CONVERTERS!? Guys, B:L lied and is converted I'm the seer you've got to kill him because they'll kill me oh btw here's my social security number and a link to their EVIL proboards with my login information!" ;-)

• Options
    edited October 2007
    Well since my last message got lost in the intertubes:

I was less than excited about you being the public head of the network on Day 1. While I haven't personally had a lot of experience with your shitting all over Phallas you're in, I've lurked enough where that was the case (most recently The Stand / Infection Phalla in SE++) to know that contacting you and being in your network was less than exciting.

Also, my ability to seer Other/Non-Other would've been SO much more useful if VH hadn't become a Great the same day as I did, giving us access to a list of every Other. However, he also posted THE ENTIRE GREAT ROLE PM in the Others thread the night he was converted, giving the Evils the knowledge of all of our powers before we knew how their powers worked.

Finally, you could've been an Evil Survivor dude, me knowing you were not an Other didn't make you a good guy in this game. How about you try someone telling you "It's a conversion game, and like this dude seered me last night, and his seering confirmed to me 100% that he is a true seer, and that I'm 100% a good guy!" You would never believe it, and I didn't believe that stupid-sounding statement either.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I was less than excited about you being the public head of the network on Day 1. While I haven't personally had a lot of experience with your shitting all over Phallas you're in, I've lurked enough where that was the case (most recently The Stand / Infection Phalla in SE++) to know that contacting you and being in your network was less than exciting.
    I liked the part where you lurked enough to create an alt account to threaten me. That was pretty cool.

• Options
    edited October 2007
    It wasn't against the rules, as you yourself stated. Also, nice job almost getting an innocent dude killed when trying to forward it to someone, that was classy.

Xevo on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    rabble rabble rabble

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    It wasn't against the rules, as you yourself stated.
    Except, y'know, it's ALWAYS against the "rules".

But it's pretty clear that you're now trying to play the blame game by pointing and visiblehowl and I, while hiding by not playing phalla to try and wait for people to forget.

I don't appreciate that at all. Especially your bragging and taunting in the dead thread that you're an asshole.

Man up and take some responsibility for your phalla actions. I do whenever phalla turns sour for me. You'll never become a better phalla player if you just tell yourself it's everyone else's fault and run away with your tail between your legs.

• Options
    edited October 2007
    rabble rabble rabble
    I couldn't have said it any better myself. :lol:

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Man up and take some responsibility for your phalla actions. I do whenever phalla turns sour for me. You'll never become a better phalla player if you just tell yourself it's everyone else's fault and run away with your tail between your legs.

D:

Guys...GUYS! I think B:L is sick! Somebody call 911! FOR GOD'S SAKE SOMEBODY HELP HIM HE'S BABBLING INCOHERENTLY!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'm not blaming what happened this game on anyone else. I'm just tired of being the Pariah, where if anything I only fucked up AS BAD as you, B:L, or slightly worse than VH who nearly gave away everything to The Others on Day 3 (hence my distrust).

ETA: Also I'm not "hiding" from Phallas or any of that shit, B:L. I spent like 6+ hours a day on this fucking game, and it really affected my ability to do things off of my computer that I normally enjoy doing. I need a break from Phallas and message board shit in general, just so I can enjoy another one sometime soon.

I'm only on today because I felt the need to put my side of things out there, since everyone who I had contact with in a negative fashion seemed to be coming out with "olol Xevo fucked up the game so badly."

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'm not blaming what happened this game on anyone else. I'm just tired of being the Pariah, where if anything I only fucked up AS BAD as you, B:L, or slightly worse than VH who nearly gave away everything to The Others on Day 3 (hence my distrust).

You know the difference between what you did and what we did?

Yes, B:L and I screwed up. But when I suggested we replace B:L as the network head because people didn't trust/like him, he manned up and stepped aside so we could rectify the issue. And after I revealed everything to the Others the first time (which, by the way, was when I honestly had no clue what was going on), I realized that this was a bad idea and that I need to keep things secret from them unless it was necessary to reveal them.

You, on the other hand, consistently revealed information to the public, after MULTIPLE requests by me and other Greats (not Other Greats) to shut the fuck up. There were many situations that could have a) salvaged or b) used to our advantage except you decided to blab about what we knew to everybody. This was why I had to conceal stuff from you at the end; I couldn't depend on you to keep it secret! Your distrust for me was your own fault, because I had to work around you, not with you.

We were only able to salvage this victory because the Evils made some mistakes of their own, and because we got INSANELY lucky throughout this game regarding the information we received. So yes, you are the Pariah for this phalla.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This is just as an observer of third party information I've heard for whatever reasons.

People may change their tactics between games or try something new. In many games, a conversion game certainly, there's varying degrees of distrust or paranoia that goes into playing the game with a network. Since I'm sure that was one of the goals here, you should thank Squashua for achieving that. Most games have some form of paranoia in it and everyone deals with that differently. Do you just trust everything and risk getting raped later, do you question everything? Do you pick and choose friends?

I wouldn't hold this against anyone since the game was both incredibly confusing and things could change at any time due to the conversions available.

I'd just suggest saying your piece, thanking everyone for the game and the parts you enjoyed and moving on to the next. There's no reason to feel alienated or alienate someone for whatever reasons. If that was the case, many of the people who make these games interesting and fun would no longer be playing them.

Any arguments should stay in this game thread and mabye you use some caution when dealing with certain people in the future, but it's not really necessary to drag up old dirt unless it's for jest, like me making fun of Grundlterror for executing MrBlarney like 7 months ago for fun.

Also, it's a game we play to have some fun, no need to take this too seriously. I used to take games way too seriously and then at some point I realized I was having less fun with the game because of how seriously I was taking them, so I settled down a bit and try to have fun first and try to win second. I also try to make sure I'm not a dick either, since it's no fun when someone is actively and purposely trying to ruin the game for everyone or his/her team etc.

I don't think we've really seen the bolded part yet, just people doing what they think is best, not because they are trying to bomb the game. Yes, I was a part of something very close to that in the insane asylum, but that's not a habit I got into either.

If this is unnecessary and taken wrongly, I apologize. I'm just saying we should have fun in the games, isn't that the point?

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    abloo bloo VH. I made changes to your orders with the other Good specials who trusted me and we actually got people in the Network who helped us (Osvik, primarily. We would've had Zot if you guys listened to me and did one more conversion on him).

The Great numbers wouldn't have been high enough if not for what I was doing. My ENTIRE strategy this game was to reveal information. It was a game where if you weren't in one of the three networks, you had NO knowledge about anything, and thus were gonna be completely lost and probably go inactive due to boredom.

I think, first, that's a kind of terrible game design, and it's what usually happens in conversion games (Animorphs Phalla being another prime example, no offense Green). My tactic to combat that was to give the neutrals all the relevant info they needed to know the basics of what was going on. I never told ANYONE who were going to convert or use special abilities on, that's where I drew the line. You didn't need that info if you weren't in the network, anyway.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    I'm just saying we should have fun in the games, isn't that the point?

I agree completely, and this is the EXACT reason I won't be in another Phalla any time soon. I fucking love LOST, like obsessively so. As I told Squash, I only even started playing PA Phallas once I saw he was signing up to run this game. Understandably, my expectations were VERY high, and I have to say I was let down a bit.

I really like Squashua, and think his mechanical ideas and all were great, but had the Greats and Evils had special powers OTHER than conversion powers, or maybe limit it to like one or two converters per team, I think this game would have been SO MUCH more fun to play for everyone.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Damnit Ardor, I knew I missed you for a good reason. :lol:

And I was about to quote the part where Xevo told Squash that he's taking a break to let the heat die down.

You're right, bygones should be bygones. But I definitely won't like Xevo in a network, until he improves his stance on information revealing. We're basically trying to help him with critiques of his faults and errors, but he's getting way too defensive about it and all too willing to point the problems at others.

• Options
    edited October 2007
    B:L, do you ever fucking listen to ANYONE, EVER? I just said, that was my strategy for this game, BECAUSE of the way this game's mechanics worked. Obviously if I was a mafia member in a more traditional game, I wouldn't reveal anything unless it was a joke or an intentional leak from the network. I'm not stupid, much as you may like to think otherwise.

Xevo on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    It wasn't against the rules, as you yourself stated.
    Except, y'know, it's ALWAYS against the "rules".

Making an alternate PA account for a Phalla to contact others is always 100% illegal for all Phallas since the dawn of Phallas.

I didn't realize it needed to be explicitly stated at the start of this Phalla as I presumed everyone had played enough of these to know they are verboten.

That was my bad for not covering every iota of every rule.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Like I said, I'd never been in a position where I thought of making one, and I thought better of it immediately afterwards. My bad, and totally 100% my fault.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I really like Squashua, and think his mechanical ideas and all were great, but had the Greats and Evils had special powers OTHER than conversion powers, or maybe limit it to like one or two converters per team, I think this game would have been SO MUCH more fun to play for everyone.

They did have different abilities, depending on who they targeted and how many targeted a user.

Conversion
    If the target was not a GREAT or EVIL, conversion took place.

Seer
    If you were Uncorruptable, you would also get their names.
    If your target was classified as either GREAT or EVIL, you would get that info.

Observer
    If you were classified GREAT/EVIL and someone targeted you, you would be notified you were targeted.

Vigilante
    If two targeted an opposite, he was either converted faster (EVIL) or killed.
    If three targeted an opposite, he was killed (EVIL).

Guardian
    Two opposing uses against on the same target would cancel each other out.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I just think the exponential growth of converters (since everyone who became converted also became a converter) lead to the people who were not Great, Evil or an Other becoming pretty useless except for the votes. I know that's a common thing in standard Phallas anyway, but I've noticed a much higher trend of player activity in games where even the most boring role player still had interesting things to do every day outside of voting.

Even though most (if not all?) players in the game had abilities of some sort, it was very difficult to decide where to target them without the input of a network. Anyway, again, I like the basic mechanics and all of the game, it's just that I feel that the conversion stuff tended to get too out of control too fast.

Xevo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Question: Much like "Through the Greatwood", did anyone here "get" the joke where the Others were stealing crotches, hence "Phal-LOST"?

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Nope.

Oh wait. I get it.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Squashua wrote: »
    Question: Much like "Through the Greatwood", did anyone here "get" the joke where the Others were stealing crotches, hence "Phal-LOST"?
    I thought that was part of the TV show. O_o

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So did I.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    It kinda is.

In a way. I don't want to ruin it for FWD.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Squashua on