Options

[PHALLA] PhalLOST - The Tailies : ROUND 13 - Greats Win!

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Your mistake was telling everyone you're a special, El Skid. That's a fact that NEEDS to be kept secret. B:L may be crazy, but everyone is used to that by now. However, because of your coming out, you're now a liability to all of us innocents because a bad guy might try and use you to his advantage. Your death is now best for the village.

!Better luck in your next phalla El Skid

Romantic Undead on
    3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    NionNion Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    !vote El Skid
    !vote El Skid
    !vote Nion

Nion on
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Your mistake was telling everyone you're a special, El Skid. That's a fact that NEEDS to be kept secret. B:L may be crazy, but everyone is used to that by now. However, because of your coming out, you're now a liability to all of us innocents because a bad guy might try and use you to his advantage. Your death is now best for the village.

What now? I never spoke to B:L- he mailed me something he made up, and I posted it.

I haven't revealed anything but a love of coconuts...but then I gather logic isn't going to win here. Oh well, sucks to be me, and well played B:L

El Skid on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    !vote el skid, although at this point i think the only thing he's actually guilty of is poor judgement

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    El Skid wrote: »

What now? I never spoke to B:L- he mailed me something he made up, and I posted it.

I haven't revealed anything but a love of coconuts...but then I gather logic isn't going to win here. Oh well, sucks to be me, and well played B:L

The title of the PM tells is where you made your mistake, look closely.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm fairly certain this is a case of B:L sending El Skid a PM when he meant to send a PM to the seer. I mean, what possible benefit could El Skid get by making that up?

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm fairly certain this is a case of B:L sending El Skid a PM when he meant to send a PM to the seer. I mean, what possible benefit could El Skid get by making that up?

Wait. you mean someone actually read what I posted?

Okay, now Im getting snippy :P

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

None, we're chalking it up to a rookie mistake.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'm more suspicious by the amount of people willing to jump on this bandwagon so quickly. like that Cantide fellow. What's with him?

P10 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

a rookie mistake that harms who, exactly? The only info it departs is that B:L was contacted by a seer. This is good info for us to know, because if B:L survives the night and a seer dies, B:L might have killed the dude who contacted him.

I still want to know how El Skid's slip up harms anyone.

P10 on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    one mistake in a phalla and BOOM

dead

unless you're something amazing and you can rectify it with a huge reveal

Raneados on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

a rookie mistake that harms who, exactly? The only info it departs is that B:L was contacted by a seer. This is good info for us to know, because if B:L survives the night and a seer dies, B:L might have killed the dude who contacted him.

I am speechless.

That "seer" had contacted me anonymously. That's why our GM put up the clarification about NO ALTS/PROXIES/ROBOT(hero).

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/member.php?u=25582

So the seer is safe.

But I swear I sent that reply to that Lost seer account. How in the world did it get into El Skid's mailbox?

In any case, the REALLY wrong response was to try and bandwagon/kill the guy trying to form a network, with the reasoning being an innocent PM. Sorry, El Skid, it seems the system is out to get you. :|

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So then what, do we assume B:L is only slightly crazy and might actually have been contacted by a seer and that that seer is not El Skid?

If you have a better target that's NOT El Skid or B:L and that's also not completely random, I'd love to hear it.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    A better target? How about Cantide. He likes to jump on them bandwagons.

P10 on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

How could B:L possibly send a reply to the wrong person? You hit the reply button and it automatically puts the person you're replying to as the recipient.

EDIT: But if it is decided that El Skid isn't a good target, how about Romantic Undead who basically said "You're probably good but we should kill you anyway." Because man that is not good thinking right there.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    also I am wary of casting my vote for el skid, I voted for him a little half-heartedly and quite early... if he bites it and he was good then everyone who voted for him comes under suspicion. Especially if it was a bandwagon and ESPECIALLY if the voters voted early.. or even late...

thinking about changing my vote

ps el skid if you'd care to try to save yourself, maybe make your case pretty soon, dude

Raneados on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2007
    I don't like any of today's shenanigans, so I will !Abstain and !Abstain.

Though I don't trust any of you, I don't want to waste the good vote. I !vote Osvik for getting priorities straight and trying to make us a game system. :P (I hope it doesn't turn out to be a death-machine... )

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Also: what the hell kind of seer PMs someone without Seer-ing him first? Does he have a death wish?

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    el skid please make a case for yourself, i feel like eliminating you first day is a waste of valuable resources

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Okay, this is a huge clusterfuck. Goddamnit all.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    what I'm thinking is: El Skid is the seer and accidentally posted the results from his alt PM

or is in contact with the seer and did it via a proxy to keep the seer anonymous. Maybe some people know the identities of other people for sure and one was El skid and the other was the seer

I'm probably gonna retract on El Skid, but if he turns out to be evil I will be soooooo angry

also: missed this I think

CLARIFICATION PLZ

inh the results of a tie vote for green/red/yellow... is it random or are all winning parties affected?

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    El Skid has no motive though to make that post if he was the seer. So I'm just really confused.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Personally I blame B:L.

B:L, please explain to us how you justify a seer getting in touch with you just because you asked them to. You haven't been seered yet, so we have no reason to believe you're not an evil of some kind. If a seer did in fact contact you, anonymously or not, I think it's dangerous that YOU know this, because no one has any reason to trust you.

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2007
    Dear Fronties who read this thread,

Stop laughing at us! :P

Your pal,
    Bogers

Bogey on
    Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Personally I blame B:L.

B:L, please explain to us how you justify a seer getting in touch with you just because you asked them to. You haven't been seered yet, so we have no reason to believe you're not an evil of some kind. If a seer did in fact contact you, anonymously or not, I think it's dangerous that YOU know this, because no has any reason to trust you.

If the seer contacted him anonymously he wasn't exactly putting himself in harm's way. You're suddenly getting very pushy once I mention that it was odd of you to vote for El Skid even though in your post you said he was probably a good guy. HMMMMM. !vote Romantic Undead

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Dude it's not B:L's fault some dude didn't know the rules and contacted him anonymously.

P10 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Eh, I suppose. So then what, are we voting for Cantide now?

Sure, whatever: !bye Cantide

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dude it's not B:L's fault some dude didn't know the rules and contacted him anonymously.
    Alright guys, enough is enough.

Mistakes were made, and I don't want a phalla newb sucking a wrongful death. Let's move the bandwagon around.

!Vote Romantic Undead

Now, what I don't get is this lime bandwagon for Osvik. Where did that come from? :|

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Right, Romantic Undead it is

P10 on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    A better target? How about Cantide. He likes to jump on them bandwagons.

Geez Marx, did I kill your dog or something?

You know, earlier on when you were tied for the most red votes and people were looking for someone to bandwagon, I was tempted to vote for you in retaliation for getting me killed in Phalla Royale. But I didn't, because Phalla grudges are a fucking waste of time. If you want to vote for me because of my actions in this game, fine. But don't do it just because you hate TehSpectre and all people who've ever associated with him.

Cantide on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    *shrug* jeezus, doesn't take much around these parts, does it?

Oh well, thanks for inviting me Squash!

Romantic Undead on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    osvik's main contribution seems to be a coconut reference

mrpaku on
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gonna go with !Vote Romantic Undead Because it is as good as anything and I got a small grudge against him for the Artefact day 1.

!Abstain because hell if I know what is up and down right now.

!Vote NATIK Because its better then abstaining and I dont know why I should vote Osvik.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Cantide wrote: »
    Geez Marx, did I kill your dog or something? ...
    Uh, what? Now I'm tempted to vote for you again because apparently I hate Tehspectre or something as opposed to being genuinely suspicious of you.

Did any part of my post indicate I was voting for you because of the TehSpectre 5? No? Then why the hell are you getting so defensive? Jesus christ.

P10 on
  • Options
    CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Anyway, to recap, it looks like El Skid, being new to the game, didn't know anonymous accounts weren't allowed and made one to talk to B:L while claiming to be the seer. The fact that he revealed B:L's response and acted like he had no idea what was going on suggests that he was just pretending to be the seer and trying to trick B:L. Whether he's good or bad, I'd say that sort of behavior is grounds for eviction.

Cantide on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Laziness overtook me.

But, I would wager El Skid is winning the vote for execution.

Shamus on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Almost forgot.

I abstain.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Why, exactly, are people abstaining? It only gives the bad guys a stronger influence over the vote. In addition, if everyone abstained it would deprive the village of a kill (or whatever happens in this game) while the bad guys still used all of their's.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    !abstain
    !abstain
    !abstain

I'm more interested in seeing what happens tonight before I place a vote. Truth be told, I don't trust you in the slightest, but let's see what you do with your one night, eh?

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    !b:l, because i just don't trust him

mrpaku on