As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Battlefield Pirates 2

RohanRohan Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
Yarr! Ahoy there, mateys! Wash down the bilge pumps and man the cannons! Thar be danger afoot! And other such antiquated nautical language. Battlefield Pirates 2 is a full conversion mod for EA's Battlefield 2. "The game pits two rival crews, the Undead and the Peglegs, in a vicious battle for control of the Caribbean and all its booty. Brace yourself for a fun-filled adventure on the high seas!", says Wikipedia. The game mostly follows the standard Battlefield gameplay, where you have to work as a team to capture enemy forts, islands, or even ships. There are several vehicles to control, from the mighty galleon to the smallest rowboat. On board the ships, you can take control of the broadside firing cannon or you can man a specific gun anywhere on the ship. You can also take sniper position and climb to the crow's nests and pick people off. It's a lot of fun when you have two galleons attacking each other, crashing into each other and firing at the other's decks, seeing players go flying into the air to their deaths... There is one map in particular with two stationary galleons, and both crews have at it, assaulting both ships. It's bloody brilliant, I tell you.

There are several classes of pirate or undead to select -

Scout - This class is designed for lone wolves who want to support their team from a distance. They are given a sniper musket, a pistolet, a cutlass, a smoke grenade, and a spyglass.
Raider - Raiders are the infantry mainstays of the game. They are equipped with a musket, pistol, cutlass, grenade and spyglass.
Carpenter - Carpenters spawn with the following weapons and equipment... a musketoon, pistolette, cutlass, several powder kegs, a hammer and a spyglass.
Surgeon - Basically the medic, the surgeon comes with a musket, pistol, cutlass, surgeon bag and spyglass.
Gunner - The gunner comes equipped with the heaviest weaponry. They spawn with a blunderbuss, pistol, cutlass, grenade launcher, powder horn and spyglass.

ShipBattle.jpg

ShipsAhoy.jpg

onboard3.jpg

Cannon.jpg

Door.jpg

There aren't many images to be found, so I apologise for the low quality of those above. Anyway, if anyone is interested in playing, you need the latest Battlefield 2 patch, 1.41, which you can easily find anywhere on the 'net. If you wish to download Battlefield Pirates 2 and join in the fun, then the downloads page is here.

...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
Rohan on

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I loved BF Pirates back in the day, but it's been years, and even Battlefield 2 is outdated ... I think it's just too late.

Maybe if I ever get bored of TF2.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If I owned Battlefield 2, I would totally download this. The original Battlefield Pirates (for BF1942) was so much fun.

SteevL on
  • RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh come on, nobody is interested? You don't know what you're missing out on! :|

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think this looks awesome, but I'm in the camp that didn't buy BF2.

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    On the other hand, BF2 is only $10 from amazon. Hmmm.

SteevL on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    TychoCelchuuu on
  • RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wait... what is this ? I was too busy playing desert combat for BF:1942 to get other mods..

Pirates you say? I will download this and play post haste!

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Awww man I need to buy some Battlefield 2.

DekuStick on
  • EtchEtch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Second picture has the best text ever.

Hahahaha, get off muh cannon

Etch on