As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Macbook won't go to sleep (found the reason, now trying to backup stuff easily)

NatanekoNataneko Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I've been a mac user for a couple of year now, and I have had my macbook since may. It worked really great etc etc. now, since I think 2 weeks ago, it decided it didn't want to go in sleep mode. Let me explain. I have the setting so the screen shut down after X time, and goes in sleep mode after Y time. Before, I would just let it go, and it would go into sleep mode, as it was told so. Now, it will go in sleep mode for 1 second then make the noise macbook makes when they go out of sleep mode.

If I force it to go to sleep by pressing the little button in the apple menu, it does the same. go to sleep then wake up. Sometime, I come back after a couple of hours and the computer is still on, sometime it managed to go to sleep anyway.

I tried unplugging everything usb, quitting all the program (even if it should not be the problem, because they were there when the macbook sleepmode worked)

Any suggestion as to what the trouble might be? anyone with the same trouble?

Edit:

Ok so the problem is with bluetooth, but now I want to backup my files (homework, picture, music, etc) is there an easy way of doing that?

Nataneko on

• Options
    edited October 2007
    I really don't know the policy about bumping one thread, so I hope I don't get in trouble (it seems there is nothing about that in the rule... guess I'm safe) I think my thread just got lost.

Anyone got any suggestion as to what I could do to make the sleep mode work? is that a common trouble?

Nataneko on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    this is a common problem with new macbooks. see the macbook forums under the bluetooth area. they're looking into it I believe.

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Maybe your Fn key is stuck? Yeah, no, this is one of those things that's going to take a bit of digging to figure out.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I had this problem, it was related to Bluetooth as well. It was covered under the warranty for me, so sign-up for an appointment.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oh ok, thanks, I just noticed that my bluetooth thingy was activated, so I'll try to find more about that. and then I'll go to the apple store ^.^

I'm not sure what macbook forum you are talking about? a specific one or any should have that??

Nataneko on
  • Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nataneko wrote: »
    Oh ok, thanks, I just noticed that my bluetooth thingy was activated, so I'll try to find more about that. and then I'll go to the apple store ^.^

I'm not sure what macbook forum you are talking about? a specific one or any should have that??

The apple forums :)

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5483747&#5483747

mastman on
    ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    hehe thanks, I could have searched for a looong time. And I'm now certain that is because of the bluetooth thingy, I'll start doing the backup before going back to the store. what would be the easiest way to do that?

Nataneko on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nataneko wrote: »
    hehe thanks, I could have searched for a looong time. And I'm now certain that is because of the bluetooth thingy, I'll start doing the backup before going back to the store. what would be the easiest way to do that?

If you've got an external hard drive you can just put all of the files you'll need (Documents, Photos, Address Book, Movies, Music and if you've misplaced any discs you might want to put those programs in there as well; and look around for anything else that you might have that's a bit difficult to get back again). And if you don't have an External Hard Drive then you can always back up your data on DVDs or CDs or....a tape drive, or whatever.

Uncle Long on