As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

a problem with my Xbox Live Marketplace

darleysamdarleysam On my way toUKRegistered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
so i expect this to be a quick thread, but is anyone else having an issue with the Marketplace? Whenever i try to access it it just displays "Marketplace is currently unavailable". Now this started last week when Halo 3 hit, and all the Live servers seemingly died a death. It doesn't seem to have changed since then, and i'm starting to assume that it's something more specific to my console, rather than a general failure of the Live Marketplace. As bonus information, this is in the UK, but i do have a US account on my console that brings up the same result. So is the same thing happening to anyone else? Have i screwed it up by having a UK and US account on the same console?

forumsig.png
darleysam on

• DerigorDerigor Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    you need more market place points. buying more points will give you access im sure, thats what MS told me.

Derigor on
    PSN: Derigor
    A hulk's power is jumping.
  • EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I am thinking that the initial servers you connect to, regardles of the claimed nationality on your account, are the same, based on your static location, and it is maybe those that are down.

Evander on
  • darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Derigor wrote: »
    you need more market place points. buying more points will give you access im sure, thats what MS told me.

BUT I CAN'T BUY MORE POINTS UNLESS I'M ON THE MARKETPLACE!

in other news, :|

and Evander, yeah, that's what i'm hoping.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • MalachMalach Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I actually had the exact same problem the other day. But here's the good news, almost immediately afterwards, my console Red Ringed.

Oh wait, no, that's horrible news.

Yeah...

Good luck with that.

Malach on
    Lynch2028.png
  • InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Having dual accounts wouldn't cause problems.

Call Microsoft and explain your current situation, they'll dismiss it as a server based thing first and ask you to be patient, but be insistent and tell them that it's been fucking up for quite a bit already. Force them to help you, nicely.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sign out of your profile. Go to the system blade, memory, system items.

Delete "Marketplace Data"

Restart system, wait 2-3 minutes before going to the marketplace blade.

If this doesn't work, repeat steps but also clean the cache after deleting marketplace data.

This happens to me every 2-3 months, and these steps fix it every time.

Samphis on
    edited October 2007
    yeah, i think i'll give them a call this evening to see what they say. I didn't think it would be dual accounts, i know everyone else does that too, but just wanted to throw in any information i could. As for a red-ring.. i'd be surprised if it were in some way connected, but i'm covered for the next 2 years for any problems, so that's less of a worry.

edit: cheers samphis, i'll try that

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Seriously, before you call them, do what I posted.

Samphis on
    edited October 2007
    will do, as soon as i get on my 360 i'll give it a shot and take it from there. Thanks:)

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have an only vaguely related question, but it's too trivial to make a new thread for.

Is there a way to preview what the themes/picture packs actually contain?

I just got a 360, and going by the updates Gabe and Tycho post on new picture packs, I thought they usually contained a fair amount of pics each. Silly me spends a buck on the Venture Bros. picture packs, only to find there's only four damn pics in the pack.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • schmadsschmads Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I have an only vaguely related question, but it's too trivial to make a new thread for.

Is there a way to preview what the themes/picture packs actually contain?

I just got a 360, and going by the updates Gabe and Tycho post on new picture packs, I thought they usually contained a fair amount of pics each. Silly me spends a buck on the Venture Bros. picture packs, only to find there's only four damn pics in the pack.

Well, I was going to refer you to this site: http://dashboardthemes.com/

It turns out they've quit and it's not available any more. :( I liked that site!

There is the official equivalent here, which isn't full resolution and doesn't seem to have some of the newer themes like Bioshock, but it's all we've got now:
    Themes
    Gamerpics

schmads on
    Battle.net/SC2: Kwisatz.868 | Steam/XBL/PSN/Gamecenter: schmads | BattleTag/D3: Schmads#1144 | Hero Academy & * With Friends: FallenKwisatz | 3DS: 4356-0128-9671
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So it looks like I'll have to do online research before buying anything. Ah well, thanks for the heads-up.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Samphis wrote: »
    Sign out of your profile. Go to the system blade, memory, system items.

Delete "Marketplace Data"

Restart system, wait 2-3 minutes before going to the marketplace blade.

If this doesn't work, repeat steps but also clean the cache after deleting marketplace data.

This happens to me every 2-3 months, and these steps fix it every time.

This fixed my problem for me the other day. :^:

Vladimer on
    edited October 2007
    looks like it fixed mine too, cheers!

darleysam on
    forumsig.png