As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] SW:SE Dawn of Defiance - LF2M Death Star dps/heal

• Options
    XaiberDXaiberD Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Torn Dall

Medium Male Kel Dor Jedi 1
    Force 5; Destiny
    Init +8; Perception +8
    Languages: Basic, Kel Dor, Huttese, Rodese

Defense:Ref 15; Fort: 13; Will: 15
    Hit Points: 31 Threshold: 13

Speed 6 squares
    Base Attack Bonus +1
    Special Abilities Lowlight Vision, 2 rolls on Use the Force taking the better one

Abilities: Str 10 (+0), Dex 16 (+3), Con 12 (+1), Int 14 (+2), Wis 16 (+3), Cha 12 (+1)
    Talents: Deflect
    Feats: Weapon Proficiency (Lightsabres, Simple Weapons), Force Sensitivity, Force Training
    Skills: Acrobatics* +8, Endurance +1, Initiative* +8, Knowledges +2, Perception* +8, Pilot +3, Use the Force* +6 [Kel Dor reroll]
    *Trained skill
    Force Powers: Battlestrike, Force Grip, Move Object, Negate Energy

Possessions:
    320 credits left or 770 credits left (first if average starting money, second if max)
    Lightsabre, Stun Baton, Combat Gloves , Comlink (Short Ranged), All-weather cloak, Liquid Cable Dispenser (30m), Rations for 4 days.

Attacks:
    Melee
    Attack Bonus: +1
    Lightsabre damage: 2d8
    Stun Baton: 2d6
    Melee Damage: 1d4+1
    Ranged
    Attack Bonus: +4

Edit: Changed Force Slam to Force Grip

XaiberD on
  • Options
    LitejediLitejedi New York CityRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, would anyone be willing to run this online?

I just got the Saga book, and I don't want this thread to get forgotten.

Litejedi on
    3DS FC: 1907-9450-1017
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I'm game for running, though I will need help setting up the IRC game.

The mods just haven't come out yet; they're slated for sometime in November, then one a month after that.

Edit: also, could I get people to post their preference: PbP or IRC? That way we can know how many people will be in each group, or even if there will be two groups at all.

Each group has room for four to six players, and I will be reporting the results to the RPGA, so if you don't have an RPGA number, I can hook you up with one.

delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'd be more than game for it. PbP would work best for me, but if there isn't going to be a PbP group, I can make it to IRC as well (PbP is just more convenient).

No RPGA number for me :(, yet.

XaiberD on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    delroland wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm game for running, though I will need help setting up the IRC game.

The mods just haven't come out yet; they're slated for sometime in November, then one a month after that.

Edit: also, could I get people to post their preference: PbP or IRC? That way we can know how many people will be in each group, or even if there will be two groups at all.

Each group has room for four to six players, and I will be reporting the results to the RPGA, so if you don't have an RPGA number, I can hook you up with one.

?!

Also, how does one get ahold of that card that gives access to the nautilan race? >>

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

?!

I join Salt among those who have no intentions nor desires of joining the RPGA and would just rather wait until the adventure starts being posted online.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    We have to wait for that anyways; being in the RPGA doesn't get me the mods any faster. I just want to be able to report the results online so they can send me (and any players who want to sign up for the Rewards program) free crap.

It's not like this is a Living Campaign, where we will have to deal with Triad bureaucracy and/or douchebaggery.

delroland on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'd be in for PbP, though I could maybe fit in the IRC game, depending on scheduling.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    PbP is how i'd want to play.

speaking of which i gotta get crackin' on that greyhawk thinger.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Horseshoe wrote: »

?!

I join Salt among those who have no intentions nor desires of joining the RPGA and would just rather wait until the adventure starts being posted online.

I'm confused, why is there so much dislike of the RPGA? For the most part, the people who actually run the campaigns (triads, players, writers) do their best to provide a free, organized chance for people to play reasonably well written d20 games. It doesn't even cost players anything, other than the "pay the judge" fee which only comes about as often as game days come about. This isn't the first time I've seen this, either.

Oh, and if I play, I'd be doing an ithorian noble/scout. Fear my diplomatic and friendly demeanor!

Litejedi on
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Litejedi wrote: »
    Horseshoe wrote: »

?!

I'm confused, why is there so much dislike of the RPGA? For the most part, the people who actually run the campaigns (triads, players, writers) do their best to provide a free, organized chance for people to play reasonably well written d20 games. It doesn't even cost players anything, other than the "pay the judge" fee which only comes about as often as game days come about. This isn't the first time I've seen this, either.

Oh, and if I play, I'd be doing an ithorian noble/scout. Fear my diplomatic and friendly demeanor!

I've had bad experiences with the RPGA, personally, that's my problem with them.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    That seems to be a very common sentiment. I'd agree, to some extent, as well. There are a LOT of bad, bad judges out there. Bad players too. I've had characters die from both of these circumstances.

BUT I've met a lot of cool dudes through Greyhawk, so in the end, it's been worth it.

Litejedi on
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Basically, my experience with the RPGA has been that they exemplify the worst kinds of D&D players.

Neckbearded, socially retarded rules-lawyers who are only playing to level up and get cool gear, don't give two shits about roleplaying, and in combat only care about threatened squares and attacks of opportunity and not at all about the combat actually being interesting.

Obviously, that wasn't all of the LG or RPGA players out there, but the three times I tried Living Greyhawk those were the people I ran into.

I think part of the problem is also I view D&D as a social activity I do with friends. Showing up to some stranger's house to play this game for three hours and then going home and not really getting to know any of them or whatever it's just....

Well, I mean if I wanted that, I'd go play WoW.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So here's the semi-official breakup, which I will edit as appropriate:

PbP group:
    1: XaliberD
    2: Thinatos
    3: Pony
    4: Jester313
    {5:} INeedNoSalt
    {6:} mightyspacepope

PbP group 2:
    1: Horseshoe
    2: Infidel
    3: jdarksun
    4: Anaximander
    {5:} litejedi
    {6:}

Current as of 12:00AM 10/30 (morning), PST

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Thanks, Del.

Toss me in a PbP group if ya would.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    NearNear Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    PbP is fine by me!

EDIT: This is Infidel D:

Near on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    All we need is 1-5 more players and we will have two groups. Both will be PbP, and the roster is nowhere near finalized, so positions are still in flux.

After that, all that is left is for WotC to release the mods.

delroland on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    That looks like a kickass party. :)

Near on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Please put me into a group, if you would. I will be playing a force-sensitive ithorian noble.

Litejedi on
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Just a question, are you going to "balance" the two groups, or just split them up as they are here? It doesn't really matter either way, I'm just kinda curious.

XaiberD on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    You can safely put me in any group, I prefer waiting to see what the party makes and then complement with my choice. That way I try to always be useful and I also don't get stuck in a rut with a favoured class, I sometimes end up playing a role unorthodox for me.

Near on
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Can I please play?

I don't have the book yet (comes in Wedesday for me), but I am six-Hells of interested in playing. PbP is great for me, and if Horsehoe's thread is any indicator, PbP can be fucking awesome. Also, playing games with jdarksun is amazing.

So I was thinking of playing a jedi-rogue-type. Or some kind of force-sensitive rogue type. I'll have to read before I make a final decision, but as I understand it, I have some time to make that decision.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Take the question mark away from my name! I'm in!

Jester313 on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    pbp group huh

more star wars huh

when does the DoD thing start?

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    pbp group huh

more star wars huh

you can say you were doing it before it was cool

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    DoD is not out yet, I expect it to be available mid-November.

Also, I updated the list. We now have enough people for two groups and room for up to three more players. Again, as an FYI, the groups are not set in stone, so feel free to make whatever character you want to play most. We can deal with group balance closer to when the mods start coming out.

delroland on
  • Options
    jimninjajimninja Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If I can, I would definitely like to play. I don't have a character yet, but hell, that wouldn't take too long to rectify.

jimninja on
    0198ec55.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    If we're going for a balanced party, I built my character to be an "interactor", someone who deals with NPCs, uses diplomacy, etc.

Also to blast the shit out of things with the Force.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Cool, Infidel - it'll be just like old times. Make sure you roll up a Twi'lek. ;)

I'd definitely be up for remaking that character, we should do ours both up in the same party together.

Near on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Near wrote: »
    Cool, Infidel - it'll be just like old times. Make sure you roll up a Twi'lek. ;)
    I'd definitely be up for remaking that character, we should do ours both up in the same party together.
    Neat. I'll play with builds tonight.

Would we be then padawans that escaped Order 66, on the run? Or should we tweak the characters and maybe run with different classes.

Two padawans caught up in all sorts of trouble seems like a viable and fun game though.

Near on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I guess I'm not playing Play by Post. Oh well.

Litejedi on
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    That's not what delroland's group makeup said, last time I checked, but I'd be glad to play with you guys if you will have me.

Litejedi on
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'd say put you on there. ;-)

Near on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Litejedi wrote: »
    I guess I'm not playing Play by Post. Oh well.
    Nonsense. You're on Team 2.

See?

PbP group 2:
    1: Horseshoe
    2: Infidel
    3: jdarksun
    4: Anaximander
    {5:} Litejedi
    {6:}

That's totally what I see when I look at Del's post.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    It's wierd, I don't see that at all. That's a strange bug. Maybe it's a cache error?

Litejedi on
    lj_graaaaahhhhh.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Everybody's just confirming that we want you on our team, Litejedi. :)

How's Krema coming along?

I'm working out my Jedi talent choice at the moment, translated the essence of the character well enough. Just had to tone down the strength a bit, she's not as pumping iron fit as before but still has all that grace. 8-)

Near on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So I was thinking of playing a young bounty hunter sent to scavenge up padawans after order 66, but he couldn't bring himself to open fire on a bunch of kids, so he ended up helping them escape.

I'll have to see the book to finalize it, but that's what I'd like to do if Jdark and Near (Infidel) are cool with it.

Mechanically, I imagine I'll dual wield blasters if possible.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    That would work awesome. :^:

Gives our background as padawans more credibility on why we're freaking alive. Also helps that my padawan rarely uses her saber and has no Force Training feats. :winky:

Near on
  • Options
    mightyspacepopemightyspacepope Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'd sooo be down for this if there's any open spots left.

mightyspacepope on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Added mightyspacepope, two spots left.

delroland on