As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Xbox Live trying to charge an expired credit card.

ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
Okay, so last month my credit card expired, and at the same time my Live account was supposed to charge to it. I got an email from Xbox Live saying they couldn't charge my card because the info they had was with my expired card. However, I still had Xbox Live Gold.

Now I have a new card and all, same thing with an updated expiration date for 2 years from now. But I haven't updated Xbox Live with the new information because I don't have a ton of money in my account right now and don't want them charging it.

One month later (today) I get another email saying they couldn't charge my card again because I never updated the info but I still have a Gold account.

I plan on fixing the info when I put more money in the account but are there any possible repercussions to this? It's not really my fault they haven't taken away my gold account when they can't charge me. I didn't know if when I did update my account if they'd try to charge me for last month and this month or something?

Anyone with experience on this?

QcGKhPm.jpg
ShimSham on

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I plan on fixing the info when I put more money in the account but are there any possible repercussions to this?

If its anything like any other service I've used - you will be charged for the months you used their service.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ah okay. Thanks for the input.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Evil_PigEvil_Pig Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think if you use another gamertag for the card you will update your account with, they will not charge you for the old one's months you used.

Evil_Pig on
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've also seen charges go through on an expired CC when the card was simply updated to reflect a newer expiration. That was for an MSN dial-up account.

NailbunnyPD on
    XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png