As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy 11 or World of Warcraft

2»

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    XP debt is essentially XP loss, but without feeling as bad because the XP number doesn't go down.

Not so. In CoX you start getting debt after level 10, so if you double the amount of xp from 10-50 plus the 1-10, you'd have the maximum amount of xp you'd ever have to earn on a single character. You know that if you earn a certain amount of xp every night, you'll know how long it'll take you to hit 50.

With actual XP loss, there is no maximum. You could, theoretically, play every single night for a year and be worse off than when you started.

You're right that XP debt, at least as it's done in CoX, has caps. That is part of what makes it kinder/better/more palatable. But while you are in debt, you're still losing half the xp you otherwise would be earning. That was my point in saying they are essentially the same. But beyond that, XP debt is IMHO a far more preferable system.

Of course, I think the best death penalty theoretically is one that doesn't directly or indirectly waste the player's time, which is what all the systems we've discussed do, more or less. Wasting the player's time is a very old-school notion that I think will eventually be largely weeded out of mainstream MMOs. Right now, though, it's at the core of most MMO game mechanics, and inconveniencing the player is a design decision.

Do you have an example of such a death penalty?

I mean, there should BE a penalty, but regardless of what it is, in an MMO its going to cost you time, because time is the only thing that is required to get good at an MMO.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Anything in an MMO eventually comes down to time. If it costs money, the money takes time to earn. Stat debuffs slow down your playing. Etc. I guess they could do a shame-based system, where if you die 3 times in an hour you turn neon with a sign over your head saying "I'm a retard!" for a while.

Scooter on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    "oh look, there goes a group of neons "(said with the utmost revulsion)

Could still cost you time. People might not group with you if you're a retard, so you might have to solo.
    Although thats about as flimsy and indirect an association as you can get without venturing into "unrelated entirely".

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm pretty sure you can go to your local gamestop and pick up a 14 day trial of each for 5 bucks total. Give 'em both a whirl and see which you like.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DVG wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you can go to your local gamestop and pick up a 14 day trial of each for 5 bucks total. Give 'em both a whirl and see which you like.

Actually the World of Warcraft trial is free. The FFXI one is a few dollars though.

Honestly, I played FFXI when it first came out and I found it terribly boring. This pretty much sums it up:
    050.jpg

That being said, I get this odd urge to play FFXI every now and then. I assume it's the same kind of urge when you see an electrical socket and idly wonder what sticking a fork in it would feel like.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    MurphyMurphy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The FFXI trial is $1.99. I agree that SE should just offer a damn free one (and a download as well, while they're at it). Again. Not for everyone. But what is?

As an aside, my Dark Knight just dinged 29 last night. He's never been in a party.

Murphy on
  • Options
    GrimReaperGrimReaper Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I can't comment on FFXI since I haven't played that, however I just recently started playing WoW.

It's very beginner friendly and for me I often prefer to go it alone doing quests with Bob, my pet cougar. So, when I do want to group up with other people I group up do dungeon raiding etc.

Occasionally i'll help out people who're lower levels than me etc.

From what i've read if you want to be in groups all the time then go with FFXI, if you want the choice of grouping up only when you want then go with WoW. (meaning you can either be grouped up all the time, never and go it alone doing quests etc or a mix of the two)

GrimReaper on
    PSN | Steam
    ---
    I've got a spare copy of Portal, if anyone wants it message me.
  • Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I've played FFXI on and off since North American PC release. I don't play games as much as I used to, so I sometimes end up going months without playing.

I also tried WoW for about a month during one of the months I was not playing FFXI. WoW has a grind just as boring as FFXI's can be. In fact I found WoW's grind more boring than FFXI.

I didn't like the character models in WoW either, and didn't feel as connected to my characters as I did to my FFXI or even my EQ characters. At least with FFXI and EQ I was able to name my own character, as opposed to WoW's "try every name you ever want to play as, then hit the random name generator for 20 minutes" system of character naming.

Geddoe on
  • Options
    ducttapeenthusiastducttapeenthusiast Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It all boils down to your preference and play style, so our opinions really don't matter in that sense. I've played both games, and both games cater to different people.

If you like to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time and enjoy a more interactive action-based gameplay and fast-paced PvP, you should probably lean toward WoW, as it's a game that's very rewarding to a casual style of play.

If you're the type that likes to earn rewards from (I'm not going to lie) long hours and bigger accomplishments, plan out a battle with more strategic actions in a slower pace, and enjoy a great story truly fitting of the Final Fantasy name, maybe FFXI is for you.

I play FFXI myself, and found WoW to be completely lacking in depth, whether it be endgame or grinding, but as I said, that's just my opinion. Good luck with your decision.

ducttapeenthusiast on
  • Options
    Evil_PigEvil_Pig Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I like FFXI.

I haven't tried WoW, but FFXI seemed to have a bigger story element.

Thing is, it'll be quicker to lvl up to 70 in WoW, than it will to 75 in FFXI.
    Me and my friend have started playing FFXI and he WoW at the same time, he's been lvl 70 for a while now, while I'm only in the 50's range.

Thing is, all he ever did was grind.

Or go kill such monster for such item.
    All his quests were kill this for that and then you have people competing to kill said creautre for said item.

Me, I've done a lot of different stuff. Missions, different types of quests, you can do pokemon style battles now, Assault, besieged, dynamis...

But with Wow, from what he says, it's just the same type of raid after raid after raid. Bigger and bigger and longer.

It's funny, because the more I play FF, the less of a grind it becomes. and the grinding is to advance your character so that you an do all these different cool missiosn, while in WoW, you advance your character to no end, just so that he's strong enough to do more grinds and mroe raids for mroe armor that lets you do more raids, etc...

In wow, the endgame isa grind, in FFXI, the beggining is a grind the end is a fantastic experience.

and with the expansion coming out, there will be plenty of new people and old people trying new jobs to go around. So no worries there.

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Why are you comparing FFXI's midgame to WoW's endgame? Raiding is completely unnecessary until the level cap.

Glal on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Glal wrote: »
    Why are you comparing FFXI's midgame to WoW's endgame? Raiding is completely unnecessary until the level cap.

And it's not even necessary at the level cap, there's other shit you can focus on to be just as viable. IE: Arena.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I played FFXI for about 3 or 4 months, and nothing in this world could make me reinstall it. It is just about everything I dislike about any MMO I've ever tried.

I played WoW for a couple of years before recently breaking my addiction. Definitely the most satisfying MMO I've played, although I could pick it apart like any other game.

Vargas Prime on
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If it's your first MMO, you'll want to go to World of Warcraft. FFXI is downright abusive at times (and I love it :().

In any case, get friends to play with you. All MMO's are improved with friends.

Xhero on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007

You can get the basic trial disk for FFXI for 4 bucks and it includes a free month of play.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    MinionOfCthulhuMinionOfCthulhu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

You can get the basic trial disk for FFXI for 4 bucks and it includes a free month of play.

Do they let you pick your server instead of giving you one randomly now? That was one of the stupidest things I've heard when I played.

MinionOfCthulhu on
    mgssig.jpg1152dt.gif
  • Options
    Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I heard that you can pick your server now, and it was an INCREDIBLY stupid system and thank god they got rid of it

Asamof the Horrible on
  • Options
    GrinninBarrettGrinninBarrett Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Do they let you pick your server instead of giving you one randomly now? That was one of the stupidest things I've heard when I played.

Yep, you can pick your own now.

GrinninBarrett on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007

It's only $2 now. I anticipate free versions at some point down the line.

Murphy on
  • Options
    XhaztolXhaztol Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It all boils down to your preference and play style, so our opinions really don't matter in that sense. I've played both games, and both games cater to different people.

If you like to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time and enjoy a more interactive action-based gameplay and fast-paced PvP, you should probably lean toward WoW, as it's a game that's very rewarding to a casual style of play.

If you're the type that likes to earn rewards from (I'm not going to lie) long hours and bigger accomplishments, plan out a battle with more strategic actions in a slower pace, and enjoy a great story truly fitting of the Final Fantasy name, maybe FFXI is for you.

I play FFXI myself, and found WoW to be completely lacking in depth, whether it be endgame or grinding, but as I said, that's just my opinion. Good luck with your decision.

This is completely the case. I can confidently say I've played both games an equal amount of time. I joined FFXI about a year after launch and played for about a year and a half, and eventually quit for WoW. My reason for quitting was that I was only playing it with two of my real life buddies and they eventuall became unable to play, and I had no one around. After playing WoW for the next year and a half, I found myself struggling with the horrible mid-30's to 60 grind and ended up giving up at about 52 just because I was tired of it. I went back to FFXI with the same two friends plus another, and we only lasted for about 4 months before things turned sour again and we closed shop. The next time I came back to WoW, I leveled to 70, got into a guild, experienced a little of the endgame and had the best community experience in an MMO to date. Until things turned to utter shit, which is what ultimately made me quit again.

And here I am, back on FFXI, with one of the guys I started with, plus three or four I met in WoW and became great friends with. We've joined a semi-large linkshell, and I have to say, it's made all the difference. I really think my heart lies with Final Fantasy. It was my first MMO (not counting Ragnarok) and I just feel great playing it. I love Blizzard to death, but getting to the level cap, having an endgame guild fall apart, and not being totally impressed with PvP has left a sour taste in my mouth. I don't regret the friends I made and still have, but for some reason all that time...I don't know.

Maybe it's because I felt like there really wasn't much else I could do. Little changes are being made to FFXI every day to ease some of the pains that made the game so agonizing a few years back. I think it's the fact that I have so much to look forward to in FFXI that I haven't done. And given the time I have to play the game, I don't see myself running out of things.

Ventrilo usually helps ANY game, too. It's completely unrelated, but being able to chat it up and have those voices and friends in your ears when you need them is really nice and probably kept me playing WoW longer than I would have if they were all silent. I'm hoping as much for FFXI. *hugs Vana'diel*

Xhaztol on
    kalamari.jpg
  • Options
    OtakingOtaking Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I just picked up the $2 disk and am pleasantly suprised to see it has "something" to install for each expansion. I was afraid of having to look at missing character models etc.

I have had 7 level 70s in WoW and been in end game guilds pre-BC and post...just tired of their formula at this point.

Never got around to trying FFXI before.

Otaking on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Still looking for a buddy key ugh.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Saban wrote: »
    Still looking for a buddy key ugh.

The unfortunate problem is that most people simply don't have them. You only get the one, and most people give them out shortly after purchasing the game. Since FFXI doesn't have nearly the influx of new players as other MMOs there is generally a lot less trial keys available for players.

I hope you find one, but I thought it fair to explain why you haven't gotten a response. :(

Murphy on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    yea, i have one sitting where i used to live in an attic, but i dont want to ask my family to go digging for it. Bestbuy/Futureshop up in canada apparently dont sell the the starter packs and i dont want to drop 30$ for a collection.

le sigh.

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    ColdbrandColdbrand Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Chances are people have discussed how hardcore FFXI is. This will be untrue starting next month because of the new gameplay type called campaign as confirmed by the convention taking place in Japan. Before you hop on to World of Warcraft, which yes, I have played. In my case since open beta, several times. I recommend waiting to see how drastically changed the game is as a result of soloing and casual play finally being an option.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    Chances are people have discussed how hardcore FFXI is. This will be untrue starting next month because of the new gameplay type called campaign as confirmed by the convention taking place in Japan. Before you hop on to World of Warcraft, which yes, I have played. In my case since open beta, several times. I recommend waiting to see how drastically changed the game is as a result of soloing and casual play finally being an option.

What are you talking about Coldbrand?

Campaign?

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Campaign

"First, regarding Campaign, it will be a large-scale system that sets the stage for the battles of Vana’diel’s past. Players from San’dOria’s Royal Army, Bastok’s Republican Forces, or Windurst’s Federation, will all fight together under the Allied Forces of Altana against the Beastman Confederate.
    campaignmap.jpg
    ^The Wings of the Goddess Region Map. Here you will not use Conquest, but wage battle under the new Campaign system.

It plays out similar to Conquest, with individual battles taking elements from Besieged in Al Zahbi. Mixing these aspects together, Square Enix has created a whole new system for this expansion.

The flow of Campaign basically follow that of Conquest, in that it works on weekly cycles. The division of power for each area changes depending on the outcome of skirmishes between the Allied Forces of Altana and the Beastman Confederate. After a week’s time, each area has its total calculated and the results determine who holds power over which region for the following week. The overall winners or losers will they attain an advantage (or disadvantage) in the coming battles. One example is that those with greater forces will be able to obtain higher rank Campaign Missions. Also, Players will receive “Alliance Points” and experience points based on their performance.

of07d.jpg
    ^Players reach the past in Wings of the Goddess by travelling through a “Cavernous Maw.” They are located everywhere in Vana’diel, and after fulfilling certain conditions, they can be used free of charge.

Campaign is broken up into four separate events. First, is Campaign Battle. This is when a target area randomly erupts into conflict. Previous screenshots have depicted this event, (such as the Orcs battling in Ronfuare). Basically, you participate in a fight similar to Garrison, but are restricted to a certain area of space like in Besieged.

As for the system governing all of this, instead of Signet or Sanction, there will be a completely new magic cast upon you, which eliminates experience loss upon death. Like Besieged, you can participate as you please from start to finish. Your activity in battle will determine what rewards you receive. It’s perfect for casual users and beginners to jump in and play.

The second type of event is Campaign Missions. These are meant to earn one an advantage in Campaign. If Campaign Battles are like Besieged, then Campaign Missions are more like Assault.

These missions are available based on conditions met through improving rank, war situation, military policy, domestic policy, division of power for areas, and Scout. These missions can also scale to meet the needs of a wider variety of players than Assault, which was generally limited to 3 or more level 50+ players. There are Campaign Missions you can solo, complete with low level players, set to short periods of time, or enjoy without battles. There is much more variation incorporated into the missions this time around.

The system is similar to Assault in that you use tickets to undertake a challenge, but the big difference is that only the Leader’s ticket is used up. Therefore, a party of six players could tackle the same mission six times in a row if they wanted. The rewards boost your “fame” in some way, but the results are unclear. (different than present-day fame)

The third type of event within Campaign is called Scout. Just like the title, you will be seeking out “scout” NPCs unaffiliated with the Allied Forces of Altana in Field Areas and Dungeons. Upon meeting them, you will attempt to convince them to join the Alliance, which can produce beneficial effects for your country. Furthermore, you may just run into some unexpected characters and get a look into their past. It sounds like this particular event will make great use of NPCs.

The fourth event within Campaign is Survey. This system makes use of the opinions of adventurers to determine national policies and military action. Each week, adventurers are tallied, and the results determine the course of action their nation will take the following week. Campaign Battles and Campaign Missions will become available based on the findings from Survey. For instance, questions like, “What areas should we invade?” or “What battle strategies should we employ?” or “What techniques should we develop?” will all have an effect on national policy. It lets the players control the course of the game, and should prove to be a great addition to Campaign."

Taken from the most hardcore of all NA LS's (Blue Gartr) best translator off their website. Snobbiest mother fuckers on the planet though, but God damn is their forum the best node for information on FFXI.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wow.

Thanks for all the info.

hmmm...

This will be interesting indeed.

I have not yet delved into the world of "Assault" but I don't like it when there is no story element attached to what I do.

I assume campaign battles will pretty much be grinding for "Campaign points" to spend on new gear or whatever. But hopefully the missions will have a beginning and an end and a story attached to it.

I'll have to read up on how Assault works. Hopefully Aght Urghan had it's own set of missions that were sotry driven. To me, Assault seemed pretty much just like random battles for...what? Imperial Standing?

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    RyokazeRyokaze Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hi there! I have capped characters in both FFXI (75 warrior with a juggernaught! 75 ninja, and some other random 50's crap) and WoW (70 druid, 70 warlock, epics and stuff.) The games are both very, very different in their play style. You wouldn't think that two games of the exact same genre could be so appallingly different, but they are.

One of the biggest differences in WoW and FFXI is the presence of skill and class balance. In WoW, the difference between a mediocre player and a good player is marginal. The difference between a good player and an awesome player is only slightly less marginal. In FFXI, a bad player is horrible, a detriment to a group and you'd be better off not having them. The difference between having "good" players and "awesome" players in a group is absolutely night and day, the difference between being happy with 2-3k xp/hour, and pulling in over 9k+ (between double and triple effectiveness is not uncommon for excellent groups.) whereas the difference in a WoW group is nowhere near as large, you might clear a dungeon in an hour and a half instead of an hour.

I'd also like to stress the difference other people have already stated, FFXI is a group game. If you don't have friends to play with you at all times, you might as well not play. Also, be ready to learn some Japanese, at least half the players are japanese, and expanding your potential groupmates by more than double is always a good thing. Raids are also a lot smaller, and especially skilled groups can do the "raid" encounters with far fewer people than what's recommended. Many of the hardest encounters in the game are tuned to non-maxed level characters. The events (burning circles, et al.) reduce your party to the level cap for the event, limiting you to gear and abilities that that level character can use.

On the other hand, you don't need to learn any languages other than idiotspeak to play WoW, and the only challenging encounters exist at max level. Everything all the way up to raids is basically trivial to anyone with any skill unless you're intentially gimping yourself for the sake of the challenge (Cloth tanks, go!)

Ryokaze on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    FFXI is the best group reward game ever. EVER. Period.

If you have 3-4 non selfish freinds by god play FFXI.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Evil_Pig wrote: »
    Wow.

Thanks for all the info.

hmmm...

I have not yet delved into the world of "Assault" but I don't like it when there is no story element attached to what I do.

I assume campaign battles will pretty much be grinding for "Campaign points" to spend on new gear or whatever. But hopefully the missions will have a beginning and an end and a story attached to it.

I'll have to read up on how Assault works. Hopefully Aght Urghan had it's own set of missions that were sotry driven. To me, Assault seemed pretty much just like random battles for...what? Imperial Standing?

There's story element attached to Assault. And assault is one of the most fun things I've seen added to the game. If there's one thing FFXI's amazing for, it's how it has about 20 or so different gameplay types, and that number is always expanding.

And ToAU obviously has its own set of missions. You're also forgetting Einherjar, Salvage, Nyzul Isle, Pankration, Chocobo Raising, Chocobo Racing, and Chocobo Circuit.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    ArtoriaArtoria Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I plan on buying the collection with the new expansion and playing it on 360 when it comes out. I just hope I can resurrect my old character from FFXI. I know I was only at level 20 something but for me it was a lot of work to get to that 20 something. I remember that they used to delete your character after 3 months. That was the stupidest thing I ever heard of.

Also just check this out.

http://www.rhymetorrents.com/disc4/Futuristic%20Sex%20Robotz%20-%2001%20-%20WoW.mp3

Artoria on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Coldbrand wrote: »
    Wow.

Thanks for all the info.

hmmm...

There's story element attached to Assault. And assault is one of the most fun things I've seen added to the game. If there's one thing FFXI's amazing for, it's how it has about 20 or so different gameplay types, and that number is always expanding.

And ToAU obviously has its own set of missions. You're also forgetting Einherjar, Salvage, Nyzul Isle, Pankration, Chocobo Raising, Chocobo Racing, and Chocobo Circuit.

Einherjar, Salvage, Nyzul Isle, Pankration, Chocobo Raising, Chocobo Racing, and Chocobo Circuit

Yes and no.

I have no clue what the first 3 are. But the rest aren't really my bag. Pankration sounds cool, but that sure dosen't seem to ahve a story driven element to it. I'm not saying that's bad, I haven't logged many hours in the game but they've been almost exlclusively lvling from lvl 33 to 75. I'm at 59 tonight, and our static won't stop till we get to 75. Then is when I'll try out the more story and less repetitive elements of gameplay.

Chocobo Raising was about to be my favorite part of the game until I leanred that after raising it for a month before being able to ride it, you have to give it away after 3 months...

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    FFXI is the best group reward game ever. EVER. Period.

If you have 3-4 non selfish freinds by god play FFXI.

This is gospel-quality truth.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    dragonsama wrote: »
    I plan on buying the collection with the new expansion and playing it on 360 when it comes out. I just hope I can resurrect my old character from FFXI. I know I was only at level 20 something but for me it was a lot of work to get to that 20 something. I remember that they used to delete your character after 3 months. That was the stupidest thing I ever heard of.

Also just check this out.

http://www.rhymetorrents.com/disc4/Futuristic%20Sex%20Robotz%20-%2001%20-%20WoW.mp3

Take advantage of the return home campaign they have going on while you can.

Coldbrand on
  • Options
    DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man I miss this game, I played a Tarutaru BLM/WHM all the way up to the 50s before I stopped playing, and that was about 4 years ago. I'd love to be able to access my old account again but I've lost the discs, no clue what my PlayOnline ID was since it was a mishmash of letters/numbers.

That and I wouldn't have anyone to play with. :(

By the way, I read all that stuff about campaigns, and wasn't really able to follow it. I R out of teh loop. So does it translate into "You can solo from 1-75?" If so I'll go buy this right now.

Delias on
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Options
    XheroXhero la contr'une Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Chocobo Raising was about to be my favorite part of the game until I leanred that after raising it for a month before being able to ride it, you have to give it away after 3 months...

You don't give it away, you just stop raising it. You can increase its stats after retirement through enhancement courses purchased with chocobucks, though.

Xhero on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, there comes a point where the chocobo is fully grown.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    But I thought after 3 months it went into retirement.

The only reason I want one is to use a whistle and call it whrever I am.

Those Chocobo fees are murder!

I thought retirement = Your parents bringing your dog to "The Farm"

Evil_Pig on
  • Options
    ducttapeenthusiastducttapeenthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You can still call your chocobo after it's retired. Hell, you don't even have to take care of it after it matures and you'll still be able to call it to ride. Paying 25k to recharge the whistle is a pain though, because of that I only bring the thing with me when I know I'll have to walk back from somewhere annoying but don't want to waste a warp charge.

ducttapeenthusiast on