As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Timesplitters 4 announced for ?

bruinbruin Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
http://www.frd.co.uk/timesplitters4/index.php
It's back! Featuring even more crazy characters, devastating weapons and heart pounding hot sweaty action. It's funny, it's frantic and it'll do things you've never seen before! No, not naked girls, even better than that! We can't tell you the details yet, the monkeys have a loaded banana pressed against our skull, but this game will take the first person shooter to gaming nirvana. Save the world or die laughing, Timesplitters 4 is coming to getcha!

Teaser that pokes fun at Halo 3 - http://www.frd.co.uk/timesplitters4/videos.php

That's all the info, no platforms are mentioned

bruin on

• devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's funny, it's frantic and it'll do things you've never seen before! No, not naked girls, even better than that!

That's awesome.

devoir on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I love TimeSplitters

Therefore I love this news

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I am potentially more excited for this than Sonic in Brawl. I love the Timesplitters series with the fury of a million suns. Take my money, Free Radical. It's yours.

One Thousand Cables on
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Awesome. Whenever we do console LANs over at my house, TimeSplitters 3 is a regular.

I look forward to the map editor and hopefully some online co-op.

Einhander on
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cool. Hopefully this one will be as hard as 2. 3 was okay but even on hard mode, my friend and I just weren't really challenged in co-op mode. But 2? 2 had that spy level and robot factory. Those levels are so painful I don't even recommend married couples trying it because they'll get divorced out of sheer anger.

Gilder on
  • schlewschlew Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So since Doak just said that he'd like the game to be on Wii (back when it seemed the game was far away from even an announcement), is it safe to assume it will?

schlew on
  • Mullitt The WiseMullitt The Wise Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yay.

Mullitt The Wise on
    balloonssig.jpg
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    so i heard from kotaku, that this would be specifically for the wii.

true!?

edited for link

http://kotaku.com/gaming/leave-none-behind/timesplitters-4-on-wii-303665.php

delphinus on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    yeah, any news on which console?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • TxdoHawkTxdoHawk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I love TimeSplitters

Therefore I love this news

TxdoHawk on
    TuxedoHawk.png
  • TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    yes, finally!

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm wondering what they can do story-wise for another game considering......
    ....the Timesplitters were erased from history in Future Perfect. But hey, I guess if that shitty Terminator 3 could go completely against the events of the previous movie......

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ....the Timesplitters were erased from history in Future Perfect. But hey, I guess if that shitty Terminator 3 and that new TV series could go completely against the events of the previous movie(s)......

Fixed that spoiler for you. And not in a bad/sarcastic way.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Spoit wrote: »
    yeah, any news on which console?
    the OP wrote:
    That's all the info, no platforms are mentioned

bruin on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ....the Timesplitters were erased from history in Future Perfect. But hey, I guess if that shitty Terminator 3 could go completely against the events of the previous movie......

My first thought is the TimeSplitters invade from a parallel universe where they conquered all of their timeline and Cortez has to go to wacky alternate history versions of his own universe's past, like a World War II level where the Nazis have won, or a future level where humanity is losing to the robot army, until he gets to the TimeSplitter homeworld and destroys them/their time crystals/the inter-dimensional transportation array/whatever

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    That's the beauty of time travel stories... they're always some reason why something could go wrong and somebody could have a viable excuse to yet again travel through time.

Read the character bios for Corporal Hart and the TimeSplitter in TS3 for a decent example.

Einhander on
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    If it is for the Wii I really hope they keep the LAN play option in, because one could have a lot of fun with that.

SirUltimos on