As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A sad and sober [Chat]

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    suilimeA wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    just a little under the weather/run down/tired?

How long for?

Started yesterday.

Could just be that you're a little run down, maybe? You eating right and getting plenty of vitamins and suchlike?

BobCesca on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited October 2007
    I took some advil about an hour/45 minutes ago, and I can tell the fever is almost gone now (although I am getting sweaty as a motherfucker).

Part of me feels like if it responds that completely to over-the-counter medication, can it really be that bad?

I don't really know -- can one alleviate the symptoms of even a serious malady with mere ibuprofen?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    just a little under the weather/run down/tired?

How long for?

Started yesterday.

Could just be that you're a little run down, maybe? You eating right and getting plenty of vitamins and suchlike?

Yeah, I've been fine for the most part, although perhaps somewhat sleep-deprived the past week or two.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    In all honesty though it sounds like just a minor infection of some kind. If it were more serious it would be causing you more trouble than that. Just make sure you get plenty of vitamin C and let your immune system deal with it.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2007
    evilbob wrote: »
    In all honesty though it sounds like just a minor infection of some kind. If it were more serious it would be causing you more trouble than that. Just make sure you get plenty of vitamin C and let your immune system deal with it.

Man but that is what they all say right before they die of some rare and hideously gruesome affliction

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

ditto. Just maybe go and see the doctor if it hasn't cleared up in a couple of days. (better to be safe than dead).

BobCesca on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007

Man but that is what they all say right before they die of some rare and hideously gruesome affliction

responded. Check yo' thread.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited October 2007

ditto. Just maybe go and see the doctor if it hasn't cleared up in a couple of days. (better to be safe than dead).

I suppose that would be the reasonable course of action.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I got bored and watched one clip on youtube now I cannot stop watching an endless tirade of bad sci-fi and 80's action flims

Brainleech on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    gnight

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Night!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    night Feral

BobCesca on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fucking brilliant.
    If the fucking in fucking brilliant is to be assigned a traditional part of speech, it would be adverb, because it modifies an adjective and only adverbs can do that, as in truly bad, very nice, and really big. Yet "adverb" is the one grammatical category that Ose forgot to include in his list! As it happens, most expletives aren't genuine adverbs, either. One study notes that, while you can say That's too fucking bad, you can't say That's too very bad. Also, as linguist Geoffrey Nunberg pointed out, while you can imagine the dialogue How brilliant was it? Very, you would never hear the dialogue How brilliant was it? Fucking.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    sup bitches.

Aldo on
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sup aldo.

I just came to a conclusion. There's this girl I used to go to school with that I crushed on mega-hardcore, and she gave me her number a few months ago. I never called her because I'm a bitch and whatnot. But I'm going to call her tomorrow.

I mean hell. What's the worst thing that can happen.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I dated my junior high crush. After high school. It was cool.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    If I crash and burn, though, I swear I am going to get ungodly drunk and tell myself she's an uppity bitch until I believe it.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Sup aldo.

I just came to a conclusion. There's this girl I used to go to school with that I crushed on mega-hardcore, and she gave me her number a few months ago. I never called her because I'm a bitch and whatnot. But I'm going to call her tomorrow.

I still haven't called this girl who's number I got at her cousin's 18th party before I was convinced to down a bottle of vodka and then proceeded to violently throw up and ramble about how hot she was in front of most of her family before my dad drove me home and I passed out.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2007
    Sup aldo.

I still haven't called this girl who's number I got at her cousin's 18th party before I was convinced to down a bottle of vodka and then proceeded to violently throw up and ramble about how hot she was in front of most of her family before my dad drove me home and I passed out.

Call her. She'll understand that vodka is a cruel friend. Besides, you got drunk and complimented her. It's not like you got hammered and talked about how fat her ass was or something.

Use the powers of your nifty new haircut and call her.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Is it odd for one's stomach to hurt after immense amounts of anger and angst?

I ask not for emotional help, but for biological help. Am I going to die from too much hate?

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Sup aldo.

Call her. She'll understand that vodka is a cruel friend. Besides, you got drunk and complimented her. It's not like you got hammered and talked about how fat her ass was or something.

Use the powers of your nifty new haircut and call her.
    I should probably point out that party was in January '04.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2007
    Sup aldo.

Dooooo eeeeeeet

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    yalborap wrote: »

I ask not for emotional help, but for biological help. Am I going to die from too much hate?

That's perfectly normal. The best thing you can do is find something that you can punch a lot. Preferrably something that can't press charges.

Evilbob: Time is not important. Rasputin is with you.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, don't call. :|

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Aldo wrote: »

Quiet, damnit, I don't want to be the only one coming back here tomorrow with news of getting shot down.

But yeah. I saw 04 as 06. Probably shouldn't call.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    yalborap wrote: »

That's perfectly normal. The best thing you can do is find something that you can punch a lot. Preferrably something that can't press charges.

Evilbob: Time is not important. Rasputin is with you.

Well, at least I didn't break any insidey parts.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Quiet, damnit, I don't want to be the only one coming back here tomorrow with news of getting shot down.

Call.

From a payphone at least five miles from your house, so you're harder to track if she calls the cops.

yalborap on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

I can call some ex-crushes if it makes you feel better?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    :x Dammit TF2, why do you have to sit on 99% for so damn long?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2007

I can call some ex-crushes if it makes you feel better?

It really would. By a lot.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    ...You first.

--

Any Excel-wizards in the house? Somehow the program decided that when I type in "540" it has to be changed to "5.4" and I can't seem to figure out why it's doing that and how I can fix it.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I just got a phonecall from a guy I haven't seen since primary school. I think he wants me to help him do something illegal.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2007
    I just got a phonecall from a guy I haven't seen since primary school. I think he wants me to help him do something illegal.

Wear a fake beard, dye your hair, and carry a fake ID when you do it.

yalborap on
  • Options
    poshnialloposhniallo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ...You first.

--

Any Excel-wizards in the house? Somehow the program decided that when I type in "540" it has to be changed to "5.4" and I can't seem to figure out why it's doing that and how I can fix it.

right-click on the cell and play around with the format. You can decide on the decimal places, whether it's supposed to be currency or a time etc etc.

Or is that included in the obvious stuff you've tried already?

poshniallo on
    I figure I could take a bear.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    poshniallo wrote: »
    ...You first.

--

right-click on the cell and play around with the format. You can decide on the decimal places, whether it's supposed to be currency or a time etc etc.

Or is that included in the obvious stuff you've tried already?

Yup. :<

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    >_<

My dad said that Claude Debussy sucks and that the Kaiser Chiefs are better.

I'm supposed to be the irrational brat, damn it. :P

Aldo on
  • Options
    SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So D&D Goddess is sweatin another dude pretty hard.

Commence Operation:

Beastie-Boys-Sabotage-352116.jpg

Sami on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    A clusterfuck would be right up D&D's alley, I suppose. :winky:

Aldo on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Why did nobody mention that Southpark was back? Shame on you all.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Holy shit there are full episodes of Beavis and Butthead on MTV's website.

Rock.

MrBallbaggins on
This discussion has been closed.