As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HOLY SHIT [Game On] Unreal Tounament 3

bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
UT3bannerz.png
What!? Holy Shit, what the hell is all this?
Unreal_Tournament_3_Coverart.png

Well, let's start at Wiki.
Wikipedia wrote:
Unreal Tournament III (UT3) is a first-person shooter video game and the next installment of the Unreal series after Unreal Tournament 2004. It is being developed by Epic Games, to be published by Midway Games in November 2007 for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, and sometime during 2008 for the Xbox 360. The PlayStation 3 version is likely to be released early in 2008, although the developers are still aiming for a release towards the end of 2007.

Unreal Tournament 3 is actually the fourth game in the Unreal Tournament series, but has been numbered in terms of the engine it runs on. The original Unreal Tournament uses the original Unreal Engine, while UT2003 and UT2004 use the Unreal Engine 2; therefore they are considered as the same generation. UT3 is subsequently part of the third generation, due to the fact that it runs on the Unreal Engine 3. On October 12, 2007, a beta demo was made available for download. This came hours after the beta demo leaked to the public.

You can grab the 'beta' demo here from fileplanet.

From there, create a login name, go under settings and adjust the settings to the game appropriate to your hardware. For me anyways, the demo started off with the resolution at 800x600 for example. Adjust these, play a quick round with bots to see how the game runs and to wipe off initial drool from your keyboard. The engine runs extremely smooth though so you will probably be able to bump up the graphics rather than tone them down.

To add us to your friends list and join, go under community, and type in either my name ("Lucky_Cynic") or "bloodyroarxx"'s screen name and send us friend invites. When we can, we will accept and send you back our own friend invites and then from there you can click our names from the friends list, and do Follow Player to join our current games.

This is still just a demo. Some things you will notice is that there are only 3 maps as of now. 2 of them are arena like and the final is a bridge Vehicle CTF map. Also; everyone plays as the same character and there is no option to customize them in the demo at all. There are bots though of different difficulties which are good for practicing on. You also see the Campaign option up top but none of it is included in this demo unfortunately.

So the other thread is making it hard to organize games and whatnot for the people who do like the game so this will be a thread for organizing and commenting on games played not the game as a whole.

So I will host a 12 player server when I can which should be likely for an hour or so every night.

Post your game account name and I'll add it to this list then add these names to your in game list in the community section.

TAGliztsasdas.png
bloodyroarxx
Lucky_Cynic
[PA]Dictator
ubergeek
Fodder
ParadoxControl
tinylobster
Darmak

bloodyroarxx on

• Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So what is the game plan tonight guys?

Bloody, what time is the server going to be set up?

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So what is the game plan tonight guys?

Bloody, what time is the server going to be set up?

9 eastern most likely, I gotta wait till I can unhook the router and do a direct connection so I don't have to fiddle with anything

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited October 2007
    That's a mighty nice fag list.

Echo on
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    That's a mighty nice fag list.
    :(

I'll be able to play for a while once you've got the server up.

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    i think my name is tinylobster, if i recall.

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I am Darmak, I'll try and get on occasionally and play with you guys when I get opportunities. Though while I think this game is amazing, so far trying to play online hasn't been. Laggy as fuck but hopefully with Bloody hosting though it should be better. :)

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Darmak wrote: »
    I am Darmak, I'll try and get on occasionally and play with you guys when I get opportunities. Though while I think this game is amazing, so far trying to play online hasn't been. Laggy as fuck but hopefully with Bloody hosting though it should be better. :)

Oh yeah man, the other servers are just pounded, but Bloody's is very well set up. I don't know the specifics but it is real smooth without or with low lag.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Due to unforseen circumstances no serve from me tonight so we shall have to find one

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    How can I host the games so that they are not laggy? I has no idea how to do it.

Lucky Cynic on