As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Question about the 360

DarkSymphonyDarkSymphony Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
ok so I've been given the option for receiving a 360 for christmas from my brother. He's a pretty badass dude if I might say. In any case, I have the other 2 systems and his offer stood to the value of around $200, which is the system (used) without the hard drive. My main question is:

if I really have no intention to use the system for multimedia since I already do that with the ps3, and have no intention of going online (yet), is there really much use for the HDD beyond a ton of save games? like, could I get a mem card and just use that for my save games and be fine with it? I ask this because I will get the HDD at some point in time, but since it's a gift I wanted to know if I would really be hurting without the HDD. Thanks in advance.

DarkSymphony on

• japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    As I understand it, you need the HD for backwards compatibility.

japan on
  • jwm2jwm2 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You can buy the HDD down the road if you decide you need it. Imo its a must have, so you'll want to pick one up pretty soon, but hey they aren't too expensive compared to buying the system yourself. I'd much rather spend the $100 for the HDD than $400 for a system with a HDD. Either way you are one lucky guy ;)

jwm2 on
    www.MoorGames.com - Buy/Sell/Trade New & Used Video Games. Great people to deal with.
    www.XboxLiveScene.com - Xbox LIVE News & Info 24/7
  • SandersSanders Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    By going online do you mean connecting to the internet at all or just multiplayer? Cause Xbox Live Arcade Titles + game demos are well worth getting the HDD for.

Sanders on