As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[LttP/Game On?] Diablo II/Diablo II: Lord of Destruction

BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
So, after installing this game once a while ago and having to uninstall due to computer issues somewhere around the start of world 2, I have decided to start this up again.

Like I said, I never really got very far in my first, single player, playthrough and am now interested in getting the "complete" Diablo II experience. Anyone want to boot this up and multi-play with a complete noob?

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
Blackjack on

• RatmikeRatmike Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think a few of us are still putzing around on USWest ladder and would be up for it.

I know I would be.

Ratmike on
  • Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man, I'm always down for these things but they always require a brand new friends list and deciding on ladder/non-ladder HC/no HC.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cool. I'm a Necro (I'm sure they're very rare :roll: ) by the name of scootermcgaffin.

Just made a game called "Penny Arcade." Hit me up.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited October 2007
    I notice the most successful attempts have a set time to meet. Like 9:00 in PA/wang or whatever. Just a thought.

Also, I'm not at home now anyway.

Samir Duran Duran on
  • RatmikeRatmike Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man, I'm always down for these things but they always require a brand new friends list and deciding on ladder/non-ladder HC/no HC.

HC is just a terrible idea nowadays. I don't really see any disadvantage to going ladder, unless people already have duders on nonladder and don't want to level again. Which I can understand because of maggot lair and pretty much all of act3.

That said I'm up for whatever.

Ratmike on
  • BakerIsBoredBakerIsBored Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm not sure you'll ever get the "complete" D2 expierence... thats kinda over its prime.

I would join you, but I kinda swore that I wouldn't touch that game again. I've invested more time in tht game that I should have.

And the fact that all my stuff got deleted (damn you 3 month rule) kinda makes me not want to go through all the effort again. I had some good stuff to that you can't get anymore.

7/7 and 7/6 leach rings with added bonus/ stats. Had a few mules with max SOJ's ... couple WindForces with the 40/15 runes in them.... ugh.

BakerIsBored on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2007
    I'm not sure you'll ever get the "complete" D2 expierence... thats kinda over its prime.

I would join you, but I kinda swore that I wouldn't touch that game again. I've invested more time in tht game that I should have.

And the fact that all my stuff got deleted (damn you 3 month rule) kinda makes me not want to go through all the effort again. I had some good stuff to that you can't get anymore.

7/7 and 7/6 leach rings with added bonus/ stats. Had a few mules with max SOJ's ... couple WindForces with the 40/15 runes in them.... ugh.

Well hey if anyone doesn't want to start from scratch we could just not do ladder.

I'd be willing to kill baal a dozen more times and drop the loot in a PA game.

Also, My accounts are: xxgibberishxx, rib_king, lairedor. Just sayin'.

Samir Duran Duran on
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hey, I just re-installed D2 as well! I've been playing a Druid (Werewolf! Working towards Fury) on East. I guess most people are on West? I'll start a character there. I prefer ladder, and cannot play Hardcore because my connection here at college is liable to freeze up from time to time.

I'm going to bed soon tonight, but yeah -- set a time and a game name and I'll totally show up. Cheers!

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, in the future we'll do set times/names. I just wanted to get my required two hours in tonight so they don't wipe the character.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited October 2007
    Currently leveling/grinding in Game: Penny Arcade PW: "no outsiders" (without quotes) so feel free to join in.

What day/time is good for everyone? My evenings are pretty much clear across the board except for Saturdays.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

This is why I play legit single player. Well, that and the fact that Bnet is so full of dickweeds I was playing alone almost the entire time anyway. I haven't loaded up D2 for more than a year, but everything I ever found it still sitting in ATMA stashes on my harddrive just waiting for the game to suck me back in.

I'd better leave this thread now before I have to turn in my one year chip and head back to D2AA...

JihadJesus on
  • RhinoRhino TheRhinLOL Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Like I said, I never really got very far in my first, single player, playthrough and am now interested in getting the "complete" Diablo II experience. Anyone want to boot this up and multi-play with a complete noob?

Want me to spam you every ten seconds, try to PK your level 11 character with my level 80 hydra sorc, steal all your loot, don't give you any party invites, take your gold when you die, don't give you TPs, spam voice emotes and then randomly disconnect you while swearing like a 14 year old and not typing out one complete word?

Because I can if you really want too :)

haha, I joke. So you guys are on USWest hrm? That's interesting, because I'm on USEast Ladder... anyone still active from PA on there? I'll switch if it means I don't have to play with a bunch of random people all the time. Ladder/non-ladder? USWest/USEast? other?

Rhino on
    93mb4.jpg
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I tried to resurrect the old thread a bit ago and failed. That hasn't stopped me from constantly playing in games titled: PA password: wang for the last month. account is *cncaudata - so just hit me up on USWest Ladder.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    edited October 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Currently leveling/grinding in Game: Penny Arcade PW: "no outsiders" (without quotes) so feel free to join in.

What day/time is good for everyone? My evenings are pretty much clear across the board except for Saturdays.

For me, evenings, preferably not too late though. Like, 8:30 or 9:00 would suit me the most. Are we on ladder? This is West, right? edit: I think I'll try lightning sorc.

Rhino: I have a level 20ish Fury Druid on East named Heartfang. My account name is Korendil. You should look me up ^^ but also make a West account.

Mahnmut on
    edited October 2007
    I just started a ladder game on West. PA/wang. edit: I lied - it already existed

edit: And I needed a new game for quests, so now I'm in PA2/wang if anyone wants to join in. edit: and now I'm off to read/sleep.

Mahnmut on
    edited October 2007
    Since I am not ladder and running bosses for the hell of it, create a game: PAW/west, I will join between runs to give out shit.

Samir Duran Duran on
    edited October 2007
    Holy shit I may be destined to never play this game past Act 2.

So, uh. Computer troubles again. Should be sorted out in a couple days, but I'll be unable to play before that. :(

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Crap must have missed you. I need to figure out what time zone this forum is in.

I'm usually on after 8 GMT-6 and sometimes during the day on the weekends.

cncaudata on
    PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163