As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nightly "Let's Play" LIVE: Enix's Wonder Project J2 (translated!)*ON AIR-AUDIO FIXED*

CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
10-19-2007 : Anyway, my brother kept falling asleep, so we're done for the night. I'm probably taking this laptop to work tomorrow, and I will be working 12hr shifts the whole weekend so that's it until Monday unless one of you wants to start with the justin.tv/palplive account (post and I'll PM login details)

Someone people asked if they missed Illusion of Gaia: Nope, it will return too! I've only got two of six Mystic Statues.

10-18-2007 : I got nothin' planned tonight. In the mean time, I'm playing Wonder Project J2 some more this morning/afternoon. Feel free [url=http://www.justin.tv/czroe]to watch[/url]. Update: This has put me in a classic Enix mood. Should we do some Illusion of Gaia or more Wonder Project J2 tonight? It's 8:00 and I'm ready to play something [I]now.[/I] :) OH! And I think I got the microphone working.

10-17-2007 : Nothing big planned today. Just dicking around in Enix's Wonder Project J2 with an unreleased English fan translation on my N64. The audio seems to be fixed, so enjoy!

I'm doing this from Ichinisan's place today. To capture from S-Video, you're forcing me to play this beautiful game with composite video. :(
Wonder Project J2! 9PM EDT, 6PM PDT

We're started. For the late arrivals: Wonder Project J was a Super Famicom (SNES) game about a robot boy created by Dr. Geppetto (names "Pinno" by no coincidence). By answering questions through an interface robot (a dog), you molded the robot from a blank slate to an upright and moral citizen... willing to give his life to save the others. In J2, Dr. Geppetto has created a new robot... a girl named "Josette." Before he can train her, he dies and leaves her with instructions to go meet you, "Player-san," and live at Megafloat Island. It is your duty to take care of her and teach her what she needs to know to be "real"... just like Pinocchio aspired to be. Your job is cut out for you: She fails to even understand the impact of "death."

Now Josette is familiar with Player-san (me) and I've helped her learn how to greet people. She has a job as a waitress at Karen's Pub and has befrended a hawt blonde.

What is this thread?

Unless a game has online multiplayer, most Let's Play threads are a little... passive.

This thread will open a shared channel for Penny Arcade users to play something new each night. The login details will be shared with anyone who asks and the channel will be open all day for showing any impromptu gaming feats. Let's just keep the nightly session planned.

Though I am currently using my own account, the shared account is "PALPLIVE"

Anyone have a good "PA" logo to use?

Spoilt' 'till I can update it.
What does everyone think about having a shared live nightly "Let's Play" thread? You know, we set up a justin.tv channel for Penny Arcade users and share the login details. We pass the torch at the end of the night to the next show-off. justin.tv does not require email confirmation to create an account, so it's easy enough to join the live conversation.

I was thinking about getting something like this started tonight, but my brother's PC has something wrong with the line input and Justin.tv can't get audio from my GameBridge without locking up the computer. I'll go ahead if you guys don't mind crappy audio piped into a microphone port.

How about we try this tonight at 10:00PM Eastern (7:00PM Pacific)? You guys chose the game, my brother and I will play. We'll play again tomorrow night until someone is ready to take the torch.

Killer Instinct or Donkey Kong Country?

UPDATE:
We started with Killer Instinct and added on a little Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, Super Mario World + Super Mario All*Stars Super Mario Bros. 3 battle mode, and finished it up by playing all the way through Donkey Kong Country in competition mode (Ichinisan vs. CZroe).

That was a little much. How about just Sin & Punishment for tomorrow? Or should I drag Ichinisan into this for a 2p match again? I'm just trying to fill this slot while no one else is playing anything, so if you've got something to show, speak up!

If I can get permission, I'd like to present an unreleased English translation of Wonder Project J2 (N64) in the future this way.

CZroe on

• Options
    edited October 2007
    Bump for edits. If no one is ready to play the next night, my brother and I will simply keep playing until someone does.

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The channel is already up. Join in at any time.

Edit: Looks like it doesn't want to stream without a restart.

CZroe on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It just keeps loading for me...doesn't give any actual video - am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Now I have a monkey - guess I'll wait for your reboot :)

Also, I vote for anything but DKC!

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    God this laptop takes forever to boot. Should be live now!

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Your wish is my command. We're switching to KI in a couple minutes.

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Don't do it on my part - the site froze my PC twice already!

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Getting my ass kicked

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Are you P1 or P2?

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Herby wrote: »
    Are you P1 or P2?

P2 :(

CZroe on
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    How come there's no sound?

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I was wondering that too. Since there are two of you, some night you should play a good coop brawler like Knights of the Round, Super Double Dragon or Battletoads.

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oh shits!!! I'll fix...

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Got sound!

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ah, there we go!

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I haven't played Battlemaniacs since I was 13 but I'll dig it up (27 now)

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Got it! Wow, I'm more than twice the age I was when I first played this.

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Gotta watch the story first.

CZroe on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Heh, pretty good music. But why the hell is it called 'Battlemaniacs?' Is this the European version?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The SNES version is Battletoads in Battlemaniacs IIRC.

BTW, you're supposed to hit the bad guys - not each other :P

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    You're still not doing a very good job of not beating the crap out of each other.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    You're still not doing a very good job of not beating the crap out of each other.

Other than staying away from eachother, I don't see how. The game chooses the attacks and then puts you in unavoidably close quarters. Am I missing some kind of attack? How can I pick my brother up and throw him at an enemy without throwing him off?

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    CZroe wrote: »

Other than staying away from eachother, I don't see how. The game chooses the attacks and then puts you in unavoidably close quarters. Am I missing some kind of attack? How can I pick my brother up and throw him at an enemy without throwing him off?

Hehehe, just poking fun at you.

But you do kind of stink.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I don't dispute that... I only rented this 14 years ago... and I had just gotten my SNES.

Is there a code, cheat, or anything that would let me back in (Battletoads in Battlemaniacs)?

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Now playing DKC 2p competition mode.

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Who's still in?

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Alright, you have to finish it now. The farthest I've ever been is that big industrial zone where the lights flicker on and off, and I want to see what's next.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Hard stuff. Platform Perils is hard as hell.
    Alright, you have to finish it now. The farthest I've ever been is that big industrial zone where the lights flicker on and off, and I want to see what's next.

Only one world left...you almost beat the game.

CZroe on
  • Options
    Will998Will998 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I think this is a good idea, and it was nice to chill with you guys in a chatbox and watch a good game from the teenage years.. Hope this trend continues and we see something like EWJ or another good 16-bit classic, 2p should be mandatory though.

Will998 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Finished at last. How about a little Sin and Punishment or one of those God-awful Zelda CD-i games tomorrow? 9PM Eaastern (6PM Pacific). DECIDE. I'll go with the first suggestion if there isn't significant dissent from everyone else.

If anyone else is ready to show us something, let me know and we'll do that instead. I'm just trying to fill the slot until you guys are ready to go.

CZroe on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Not working for me - just keeps loading...

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    OK, NOW the channel should be live. I'm going to play something else while waiting for you guys to get here. ;)

Just waiting for the word "GO" from you guys.

BTW, I can't figure out how to log into IRC with my own client. A little help?

CZroe on
  • Options
    IchinisanIchinisan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Got Sin & Punishment going right now...

Ichinisan on
  • Options
    Martin Lawrence OliverMartin Lawrence Oliver Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I love how Sin and Punishment just full-on opens out of nowhere with you sprinting across a field shooting insects, cuts right to the chase

Martin Lawrence Oliver on
  • Options
    BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You ain't got time to smoke a bowl. Press A bitch!

Burtletoy on
  • Options
    IchinisanIchinisan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cool part now...riding a piece of the aircraft carrier

Ichinisan on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    That's the most dazzling set-piece in the game I think.

• Options
    edited October 2007
    Aww I missed it. :(

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well I wish I had this game. Looks fucking awesome.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Treasure games usually are.

• Options
    edited October 2007
    Nearing the end of the game

Special bonus! English Wonder Project J2 (N64 - Enix) next!

CZroe on