As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Game series you think should be revived.

• Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Roshin wrote: »

- The Crusader games.

Mmm, Crusader: No Remorse....

There is no good earthly reason why this hasn't happened yet.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    StriferStrifer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    SteevL wrote: »
    Strifer wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    I'm happy to see Legacy of Kain mentioned a few times. I'd definitely like to see where the story would go from there, although as mentioned before, Amy Hennig left after Defiance and Tony Jay is dead.

No, his character is not dead. He played that sordid octopus god.

If they aren't going to make another LoK game, they could at least retcon the horrifying mess that is Blood Omen 2 and properly finish the series.

I guess I'll have to replay the end. I could've sworn you finish him off in that boss fight.

He was crushed by some rocks, but you are not a kingdom-wide immortal parasite if you get killed by a bunch of falling debris. Besides, nobody is dead unless you see their dead body spewing forth blood in such amounts that would make Niagara Falls jealous and even then you cannot be sure.

Strifer on
    MikoSuikaLine.jpg
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    LoK series.
    2nded. Defiance endgame spoiler:
    The Elder God gets covered in rocks, telepathically taunts Kain about how "he'll be back" and Kain responds with "in the meantime, you'd best burrow deep". Then the credits roll.

Javen wrote: »
    Also what the fuck does it take to get a decent Kirby game?
    a Game Boy OLOL

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    A sequel to FREELANCER would be cool.

Something from Wing Commander would be awesome too, and no, the fucked up XBLA title was not Wing Commander, it was... a string of senseless code.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Splatterhouse
    Yeah, Demon's Crest, yeah

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Anyone mention Streets of Rage? There was going to be a Streets of Rage 5 for the Dreamcast, but, well.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    .la1n.la1n Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    RandomKit wrote: »
    I would kill for another Rocket Knight Adventures game. Maybe on the ds or something.

I would buy a DS today if they announced a Rocket Knight Adventures game.

.la1n on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yumcake wrote: »
    Give me a /good/ Carmageddon sequel.

Oh God yes! That was the game that showed me just how much fun it can be to ignore what you're 'supposed' to be doing and just wreck shit up in creative ways.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    With Bioware now being the proud property of EA, they should be given free reign to take on Syndicate, because that would be a beautiful situation.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Battletoads
    Punch Out
    Double Dragon
    Ikari Warriors
    Bloody Wolf (TurboGFX FTW)
    Renegade

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    AlejandroDaJAlejandroDaJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Did someone already say this? No One Lives Forever. None of this FEAR/Project ORIGIN bullshit.

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Did someone already say this? No One Lives Forever. None of this FEAR/Project ORIGIN bullshit.

Nope, not yet. Plus I could'nt agree more. FEAR is good, but the fans want NOLF 3.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    NOLF was made by the FEAR team? Maybe I really should play it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yes, yes you should. My much-ignored LttP thread on it.

Also, another Monkey Island game with Curse of Monkey Island's art direction. I know American hand-drawn animation has fled to Korea in the past 10 years, but maybe they could replicate the feel with cel-shading or something. But by God, I want another crack at those characters, that art, that humor, and that music.*

*Gotta admit, I actually made a music CD entirely consisting of Curse of Monkey Island music. It starts off with Guybrush's monologue and segueways into the main theme. :P

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Options
    Zephyr_FateZephyr_Fate Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Shadow Hearts. :/

Zephyr_Fate on
  • Options
    widowsonwidowson Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Marathon. The series needs a fourth installment. Or a remake. I'd settle for either. Let's hope the newly semi-independent Bungie agrees with me. I'd also dig a new Pathways into Darkness.

Metal Arms.

MechCommander.

HALO 3 spoiler:
    The super-secret ending to HALO 3, where you beat it on legendary, suggests this, I think.

widowson on
    -I owe nothing to Women's Lib.

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Heavy Gear.

Those goddamn Norlight dawgs need some of that prophet shit shoved right back up their all-too-tight asses.

Bitches.

YES!

The mech genre has been sorely neglected of late. And the MechWarrior license is so fucking archaic and 80s and shitty, that a new property needs to take up the throne.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Chrono Trigger (imagine a new jrpg mold-breaker. No FMVs, an ATB system with no separate battle screen, double and triple techs, multiple endings, and a new game+ mode)

ActRaiser (less platform, more god mode)

Sin & Punishment

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Waka Laka wrote: »

Nope, not yet. Plus I could'nt agree more. FEAR is good, but the fans want NOLF 3.

Let's not forget the Agent Jack bullshit (or whatever it was.)

NOLF ruled.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    darunia106 wrote: »
    Chrono Trigger (imagine a new jrpg mold-breaker. No FMVs, an ATB system with
    It's a great idea in theory, but let's be honest, if the Squenix of today remade Chrono Trigger...
    • Chrono wouldn't be silent.
    • He'd be so effeminate that you weren't even sure he was supposed to be a guy.
    • A significant chunk of the story would revolve around some awkward teenager dating scenario where Chrono had to choose between Marle, Lucca, or Ayla
    • Frog would have a California surfer-dude voice.
    • Marle would be emo
    • [strike]Vincent[/strike] Magus would need to be the bad guy again, because he was all the villainous personality that game had
    • There would be a cast of characters that, nauseatingly, looked something like this.
    I loved Chrono Trigger. It was and is one of my favorite games ever, but I don't want to see Squeenix trot it out and feed it to their corpse-humping cash cow milker.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    R.C. Pro-Am
    Legend of Legaia. Stick a decent story on it this time.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    FaygoFaygo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Duck Tales

Faygo on
    Pokemon friend code- 3222 2057 7313
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    since this is looking a lot like a poll thread, i could go for some more discussion on the games being suggested, beyond "well i liked it when i was younger" or whatever.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Faygo wrote: »
    Duck Tales

You win sir
    Bonus points if you would have added chip and dale RR as well and/or buggs bunny birthday bash

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    s3rial one wrote: »
    [*]He'd be so effeminate that you weren't even sure he was supposed to be a guy.

And if you don't know the gender you just can't be sureif it's ok to say they're pretty. You poor lad.

They need to bring back Critical Depth and Eternal Champions.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Non-shit Lufia titles. I still play Rise of the Sinistrals once a year - we need some start of trilogy thang going on, damnit.

:^:
    I approve of your message.
    Maybe even one where the mysterious blue haired woman isn't Erim!
    I kid, I kid. I loved (LOVED) that twist in the first game, and--like just about everyone else--liked it but saw it coming in the second. It was just really retarded in the Gameboy Color one, though.

Also, new console Parasite Eve.
    And a real Shining Force.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    NorayNoray Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Completely agree. FEAR is decent but nowhere near as good as NOLF 1 and 2 were.
    Faygo wrote: »
    Duck Tales

This is for you: http://carbohydrom.free.fr/music/CarboHydroM_-_Sweet_Memories_Of_Earth.mp3

Noray on
  • Options
    JihadJesusJihadJesus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Seriously. You know what you can do with those fucking cell phones Japan? You can stuff them up your ass and make a real PE game. That's what.

JihadJesus on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    JihadJesus wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Seriously. You know what you can do with those fucking cell phones Japan? You can stuff them up your ass and make a real PE game. That's what.

Hells yes.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Duke Nukem 3D was an awesome game. They should really make a sequel to it!

On a serious note, Diablo 3 and Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri 2 are the two biggest on my list now that Starcraft 2 is a reality.

Diablo 3 = Hellgate London.

SMAC2? I think they want to, but it's license issues or something.

widowson on

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    KingMooKingMoo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    SimAnt

KingMoo on
    ![▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓]!
    !!!!▓▓▓▓▓Gravy?▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!
    !!!!!!▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓!!!!!!!!!
    of doom
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Snake Rattle and Roll
    Jagged Alliance
    Dangerous Dave
    Crystal Caves
    Phantasy Star
    Shining series
    Star Control
    Carmaggedon
    Loom
    Full Throttle
    Grim Fandango ( give it to the guys who are reviving Sam n Max)
    Monkey Island
    Shadowrun (A fucking proper RPG this time think SNES version)
    Golden Axe (apparently a new one is on the way, Sega licensed a new Golden Axe Game)
    Lost Vikings
    Shinobi
    Close Combat ( FUCK First to fight )
    Dune RTS
    Ultima (non MMORPG)
    Chrono Trigger
    Secret of Evermore
    Turrican
    Thief
    Deus Ex (already on its way - Eidos)
    Panzer Dragoon Saga Sequel
    Daytona USA
    The Strike Series (Desert, Urban, Jungle, Nuclear ect)
    Landstalker
    WonderBoy (Monsterland)
    Raiden
    Ghouls and Ghosts (or at least Maximo) PSP Ghouls was'nt bad, but it needs a console version
    LOLO
    Alien vs Predator (Already on it's way too ...yay!)
    Earthworm Jim
    Uhm...yeah

Woah, woah, WOAH; when did another AvP game get started? I loved the 2nd one, always wondered when a 3rd would come out.

Details?

widowson on

Margaret Thatcher
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Probably has something to do with the new movie that's on its way out, AVP: Requiem...is what it is apparently called.

Goose! on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Probably has something to do with the new movie that's on its way out, AVP: Revenge (I think its called.)

Requiem

Edit: Argh!

LewieP on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    No colonial marines = No sale.

That goes for movie or game.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Woah, woah, WOAH; when did another AvP game get started? I loved the 2nd one, always wondered when a 3rd would come out.

Don't get your hopes up. It's nothing like the ones you're thinking about. It's a movie tie in on the PSP.
    s3rial one wrote: »
    It's a great idea in theory, but let's be honest, if the Squenix of today remade Chrono Trigger...
    • Chrono wouldn't be silent.
    • He'd be so effeminate that you weren't even sure he was supposed to be a guy.
    • A significant chunk of the story would revolve around some awkward teenager dating scenario where Chrono had to choose between Marle, Lucca, or Ayla
    • Frog would have a California surfer-dude voice.
    • Marle would be emo
    • [strike]Vincent[/strike] Magus would need to be the bad guy again, because he was all the villainous personality that game had
    • There would be a cast of characters that, nauseatingly, looked something like
      this.
    • Lot's of fucking belts
    I loved Chrono Trigger. It was and is one of my favorite games ever, but I don't want to see Squeenix trot it out and feed it to their corpse-humping cash cow milker.

Series that should return?

Panzer Dragoon
    Dragon Force
    Defender of the Crown
    Thunderforce
    Last Blade
    Tomba
    Burning Rangers
    Nuclear/Desert/Urban Assault
    Mechwarrior or Starsiege
    Maniac Mansion

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Witchdr, I'm in love with you for bringing up Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash. That was one of those obscure NES games that I thought nobody else played yet I hold near and dear to my heart as some of the most gaming fun I've ever had.

Too much sharing?

AlejandroDaJ on
  • Options
    WitchdrWitchdr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Witchdr, I'm in love with you for bringing up Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash. That was one of those obscure NES games that I thought nobody else played yet I hold near and dear to my heart as some of the most gaming fun I've ever had.

Too much sharing?

That was an NES game that i would rent all the time as a kid and damn if i dont miss it

Witchdr on
    "Look, all I know is that this cord was plugged into my house and your house was glowing like the freakin' sun. So, I put two and two together there and decided that you're pissing me off." -Carl Brutananadilewski

In regards to the advocates of his former empire: “I was going to have them all executed… the Royal Advocate talked me out of it.” -Shadowthrone (Emperor Kellanved)

Handles: LoL-Emerging, BF4/Hardline-Whiskeyjack227, Steam-Fragglerock, HOTS/Blizzard-Whiskeyjack#1333, Life-Jason
  • Options
    ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Sleep wrote: »

Panzer Dragoon
    Dragon Force
    Defender of the Crown
    Thunderforce
    Last Blade
    Tomba
    Burning Rangers
    Mechwarrior or Starsiege
    Maniac Mansion

This and Klona were awesome games that should, at the very least, make a comeback as DS/PSP games.

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • Options
    CheesechickCheesechick Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Italax wrote: »
    Sleep wrote: »

Panzer Dragoon
    Dragon Force
    Defender of the Crown
    Thunderforce
    Last Blade
    Tomba
    Burning Rangers
    Mechwarrior or Starsiege
    Maniac Mansion

This and Klona were awesome games that should, at the very least, make a comeback as DS/PSP games.

YES Tomba! I was going to say that they really need to make a Tomba for PSP. Shit, I'd settle for a remake.

I would kill for a NOLF 3. Maybe in the Source engine with a cartoony TF2 look.
    R.C. Pro-Am
    Legend of Legaia. Stick a decent story on it this time.

I'd be up for that. Legaia 2 was so lame.

I'm surprised at all the people saying Snake Rattle 'n Roll! I loved that game! I haven't met anyone else who's even played it, though. :(

This all reminds me of that awesome-looking Earthworm Jim PSP remake that got canceled (or put on hiatus indefinitely, rather.) :cry:

I see a lot of people throwing out names of LucasArts adventure games... I have mixed feelings on that.

I definitely want to see another Loom (I'd love the original creators to do it - finish out the trilogy, dammit!) and Monkey Island (TellTale would do an excellent job, I think. Or perhaps Autumn Moon if Vampyre Story turns out well.)

But I totally have to disagree on Full Throttle. The guy who played Ben died and there's just no way it would be the same without him. :(

And Grim Fandango, while it's like my favoritegameevaromg, I think just stands well on its own and doesn't really need a sequel. Given the ending I'm not sure where you could go with it anyway. And if it isn't Tim Schafer doing it and if it isn't a pure adventure game I wouldn't want to play it.

Personally what I want to see: ChuChu Rocket DS with online play. C'mon Sega!

Also: A new good Tribes and a new good Master of Orion.

Cheesechick on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]