As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stupid things that happen at work...

FrogFrog Registered User regular
edited November 2007 in Social Entropy++
I have a little story for all of you. I work in a hotel and experience all sorts of interesting and entertaining events. Tonights event topped the naked lady running down the hall. Tonights event even tops the group of guys gathering in a hotel room where the same naked lady was being photographed by said guys.

While this story may not be as entertaining, it speaks of the stupidity of some individuals. As for how anyone can be raised without common sense is beyond me. The individual in this story can build and fly a airplane but can not cook a pizza in the oven. Anyways, onwards to the story.

I was doing some homework and suddenly the fire panel lights up. I think it is nothing bad, just someone cooking some food. I get off my ass and check what room it is and promptly give them a call on the phone to see what is going on. The phone rings again and again. After each ring I prepare myself for the shrill cries of a smoke alarm being set off. No one answers. My heart starts to race as I think that something might actually be wrong. I wonder why it happens on my shift when I am here all alone.

I quickly forward the phone and grab the keys that will grant me access to the room and bolt away from the desk. I head for the stairway since I do not want to wait for the elevator. Quickly I climb the stairs expecting the entire hotel to sound the fire alarm, but the alarm never roars. I reach the floor I need and enter the the hall only to be greeted with a light dusting of smoke hanging in the air. I rush down the hall towards the room and arrive slightly breathless.

I bang on the door and wait for a answer. I hold my hands on the door to see if it was hot to the touch. There was no answer and the door was still cool to my touch. I shove the keys in the lock and slowly creep the door open, expecting the worse. The room is filled with smoke and already my eyes start to itch. The lights are out so I flip the switch, flooding the room with a overcast of light. The room is empty and there is no fire to be seen.

As it runs out the occupant of the room decided to cook a pizza in the oven on broil. This person then decided to leave the room, turning off all the lights. Needless to say I went ahead and turned off the oven and opened the window and vacated the room as quickly as possible.

An hour later I go back to the room to see if anyone had bothered to come back. Still empty. Completely idiotic.

So I ask you all, what stupid or otherwise entertaining things happen at your work.

EdwardEyesSig.jpg
Frog on

• Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Frog, I <3 you

But that is a lot of words

Sheri on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    That was a pretty boring story. So a dude forgot about a dang pizza.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wait

A naked lady is way more entertaining than this!

Sheri on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Way too much buildup. There's no way the story could live up to how epic you make it sound.

There is also no way burnt pizza is better than naked women.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    this woman told a lot of jokes involving her vagina at the human resources party

mrpaku on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited October 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    when a couple of guys

who was up to no good

stared makin trouble in my neighborhood

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The most entertaining part of my work days are work poops. Thats because I can sit there and play PSP for half an hour.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Some dude at the apartment complex I night guard at did something like this, but with noodles. When the stove fire happened, he went and opened the door to the hallway, flooding it with smoke, and making other people think that there was a serious thing going on. He didn't even think to open a fucking window.

I don't think he lives there anymore.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    this is offensive to those of us who don't hold a job >:(

Your young
    Now get on that street and work that junk bitch

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    this is offensive to those of us who don't hold a job >:(

Your young
    Now get on that street and work that junk bitch

first: you're

second: jesus christ I refuse to believe that teefs is actually that much of a whiner and a bitch

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    FrogFrog Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The naked lady story is kinda gross and involves some Russians the police. I am sure no one is really interested in that.

Besides, the first story involves the wasting of food!! To a poor college that is a mortal sin punishable by death! :P

Frog on
    EdwardEyesSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    (I work at the new york office of a british company)

A coworker said she was having serious health problems, went on sick leave in the middle of a major marketing project she was responsible for, flew back to england to look for a new job and spend company money, flew back to new york to attend a doctor's appointment so that her story holds up, flew back, spent more time looking for a new job and spending company money, and currently may or may not be spreading information about our office, i'm not sure.

The entire time she has been using the company cellphone which we pay for so the bill with all the phone numbers she calls and from where she calls them comes to us.

dumb broad.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I had a lady bitch at me about how she didn't "appreciate the crappy music that blared in her ears when I put her on hold."
    I was like "Ma'am, you realize I'm not in control of the music?" Woman didn't care. She asked for a manager, I got one, and she hung up while I was handing the phone over.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Either way. Get your ass streetside, sugar!

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    boo hoo hoo I am inferior to some people in certain ways which make me undesirable as an employee

I will only be happy when none of you can experience any of your evil capitalist happiness

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    Battle JesusBattle Jesus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was told I have no distinguishing characteristics at work.

I am the human equivalent of a plain wall.

Battle Jesus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    also: I am totally impervious to all forms of sarcasm

Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    this story is terrible

a dang old burnt pizza?

tl;dr

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    when a couple of guys

who was up to no good

stared makin trouble in my neighborhood

Did you get in one little fight?
    Did your mom get scared?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The ratio of old lady butt to young lady butt I see at the hospital is like, 25 to 1.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I had a dude come into the E.R. with a nail through his scrotum last time I worked.

He was very remorseful.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I had a dude come into the E.R. with a nail through his scrotum last time I worked.

He was very remorseful.
    dee colon

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    ReTardisReTardis Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

He was very remorseful.

Jesus

Just... how? Nailgun accident?

ReTardis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Most people that work in the E.R. think they are on television. And I can't stand that.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

He was very remorseful.

What... Why was it there? I'm hoping it was a construction accident, and not something meant to be erotic in any way, shape or form.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man, tell me about dumb customers.

Caller: "Hi, I see you're advertising [phone] for [price]. I'd like to get that phone."

Me: "Alright, I see you just upgraded about two months ago, so I can get you that phone for [price++]."

Caller: "But I saw it for [price]!"

Me: "Well, yes, but that price is for people who are just signing up or haven't upgraded in the last year."

Caller: "Well, you shouldn't advertise that price if it isn't the same for everyone!" *hangs up*

Somebody just beat me unconscious, please.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    The most entertaining part of my work days are work poops. Thats because I can sit there and play PSP for half an hour.

that's quite a poop

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Most people that work in the E.R. think they are on television. And I can't stand that.

Most people that come to my E.R. are rich pretentious pricks who think they shouldn't wait at all even though they are only there for a cough they couldn't wait until monday to get checked out.

That would be the worst T.V. show.

As for nail scrotum all I know is this:

he was thirty and came by ambulance at 10ish
    he'd been to this hospital before
    his wife never came to see him and I had to call him a cab

It was odd.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Most people that come to my E.R. are rich pretentious pricks who think they shouldn't wait at all even though they are only there for a cough they couldn't wait until monday to get checked out.

That would be the worst T.V. show.

As for nail scrotum all I know is this:

he was thirty and came by ambulance at 10ish
    he'd been to this hospital before
    his wife never came to see him and I had to call him a cab

It was odd.

Yeah, most patients in the ER here just can't wait to see their doctor the next day. Then they bitch at the ED staff about having to wait for six hours for their cold, and how dare that patient with crushing chest pain or a stroke get seen first.

Sorry the people who might actually be dying tonight get to skip ahead.

And the reason it took so long to see you: there are thirty other whiners who came in before you for the same reason.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    My store got bought by another chain a few months ago, and we just got our registers, and our whole system, switched over a week or two ago. That includes the system in the pharmacy.
    That means that the pharmacy people are learning on the fly, while the Rite Aid down the road starts transferring prescriptions to us, and the place is packed, and nobody knows what the fuck is going on. People are getting pissed, and rightfully so.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    space_satanspace_satan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I work part time at a Dominos pizza. I hear the most interesting background conversations. Heres an example.

Guy: Hey! what kinda pizza you want!!!

Kid: *barely heard in background* pepperoni!

Guy: Alright! Now bring me the shovel!!!

Wierd...

space_satan on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    that's not really that weird

ordering pizza and doing yard work

/shrug

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was a janitor at a high school for about a year. It was a fall Friday night which meant there was football and an excess amount of idiotic teenagers roaming around places they shouldn't be. I was sweeping a hallway and some kids start pounding on a door with their skateboards to be let in. I opened the door, told them to go the fuck home and quit marking up the door. I turned around and one of the the little shits hit the door with their skateboard so hard he cracked the glass, then ran. I radioed some other janitors and then took off after him. I also happen to be an all-american sprinter and after catching up with him rather quickly, held him until a supervisor showed up and called the cops.

tl:dr- skate punks broke a window and ran. I caught them. It was fun.

Jyardana on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    i build bicycles and power wheels at toys r us

and every once in awhile i get to rebuild the bike display where some kid has completely obliterated any sense of order and organization

tugga on
  • Options
    JyardanaJyardana Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    tugga wrote: »

and every once in awhile i get to rebuild the bike display where some kid has completely obliterated any sense of order and organization

Night crew or do you actually get to stop the kids from doing said destruction as well?

Jyardana on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I became the manager of my job because my manager left.

I hate it. You have to do real work as the manager, instead of just telling the manager what work needs to be done. God dammit.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Jyardana wrote: »
    tugga wrote: »

Night crew or do you actually get to stop the kids from doing said destruction as well?

its not destruction, they just beg their parents to get them a bike down so they can try it then their parents leave said bike down instead of putting it back into the display

multiply this by at least five and at most twelve bikes per hour and this can get annoying

and i hate parents who complain that we have the ripstik on display and not locked down so people can try it, and their kids pull it down then bust their ass. Protip: pay attention to your own kids, especially in a toy store.

tugga on