Plutonium has given me the go-ahead on creating this mid-sized Phalla game.
Set Phalla is an abstract strategic Phalla game based on the card game Set
. Each player in the game represents one card in the game, with the goal of completing one of the win conditions based on their attributes. There really isn’t that much else for background, so let’s lay out the rules.
Each player is assigned the role of a card, each of which has a picture containing a set of three features:
- Number (one, two, or three)
- Color (red, blue, or green)
- Shape (triangle, square, or circle)
Each card is unique, and all possible combinations are represented; therefore, there will be 27 cards and players. Many of these players will also have additional special roles…
Each of the following special roles is held by three players at the start of the game; these three players form a ‘set’ where no number, color, or shape is in common between any of them.
- Vigilante – Each night, may choose to eliminate one player from the game. If a vigilante is killed, the vigilante will specify which number, color, or shape will gain their ability, and a random player with that matching attribute but without a special role will gain the vigilante’s powers. If no such player exists, the power is taken out of the game.
- Guardian – Each night, may protect one person from being killed by Vigilante. If this power is used on ones self or another player with the Guardian ability, then a successful block eliminates the use of this ability in further rounds.
- Number Seer – Each night, may learn the number on another player’s card.
- Color Seer – Each night, may learn the color on another player’s card.
- Shape Seer - Each night, may learn the shape on another player’s card.
Thus, 15 players will start the game with special abilities. Note that the Vigilante power is the only one that can be passed from player to player.
Each night, all players get a vote on who to eliminate from the game, indicating that player’s name in red: I !vote for X
. At the end of each night, the player receiving the most votes will be eliminated. Should that player also be targeted by a vigilante, there is no carryover, and the extra kill is wasted. In the event of a tie, the eliminated player will be chosen randomly.
Every player has four different win conditions; only one needs to be satisfied to claim victory:
- All remaining players share the same number.
- All remaining players share the same color.
- All remaining players share the same shape.
- All remaining players share no common number, color, or shape between any of them.
What this means is that you can win with any other player in the game, though it may be harder to win with some players than others. It also means that you can’t trust anyone completely since they also have objectives that won’t include you being around to celebrate.
Information revealed about players after their deaths will be limited. You will not be told their individual cards or any special abilities they may have had. What you will be told is the collected distribution of attributes among those eliminated, i.e. how many reds, blues, and greens were eliminated, etc.
Rounds will close each night at 10:00 PM Eastern, 7:00 PM Pacific. A little bit early, but I don’t want to interfere with the currently-running big games.
Feel free to share any PM information you would like, but as usual screenshots are forbidden. It’s not like there’s anything that’ll be in them that you can’t find here in the rules.
To sign up, include in your post in bold, lime print I !sign up
. Should there be any need for clarifications during the game, please make your questions known in orange
This game will start once the roster is filled, the first round ending after at least 24 hours has passed.
Roster of Players
Asukui - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 5
B:L - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 3
cheez - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 6
Crono729 - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 4
El Skid - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 4
FreeAgent - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 1
Grundlterror - Eliminated by Vote, Round 1
Gumpy - Eliminated by Vote, Round 5
Infidel - Eliminated by Vote, Round 4
jdarksun - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 1
Locus - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 3
Mr. Embarkation - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 6
NATIK - Eliminated by Vote, Round 3
Oatway - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 4
Raakam - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 6
Romantic Undead - Eliminated by Vote, Round 6
Shamus - Eliminated by Vote, Round 2
Shorn Scrotum Man
Squashua - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 1
Zot - Eliminated by Vigilante, Round 2
Round 1 Results
Round 2 Results
Round 3 Results
Round 4 Results
Round 5 Results
Round 6 Results
Round 7 Results