Options

Modeling Quinne : Patient Eyes Needed! (Updated 12/14/07)

2»

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    Something to consider when modeling in Z-brush from photo reference is that by default, all views in Z-brush are orthographic, so they have no perspective. All the shots of Quinne DO have perspective which will cause certain features to look bigger in different angles.

I was going to say this same thing. Also, something I don't think you're paying attention to is the exact angle of her face in the reference photos. You seem to be basing your facial proportions and placements on pictures where the face is tilted in a certain way, and your model is tilted in a slightly different way. Something small like that can really make a huge difference in how accurate your model is.

That being said, I think your newer model looks quite a bit better than your old one, and I'd suggest tweaking the lips more, as they currently seem to be the thing that's the most "off", compared to the ref.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah, that's another thing I've been struggling with. I've been trying to account for perspective, which is one reason why those comparison shots don't look right.

But you sound like you know some stuff about zbrush. Let me run some questions by you.

Is there anyway to make it so that zbrush is running in a non-orthographic mode besides the "perspective" button in the draw tab? It seems to just put a fisheyed lens on everything instead of actually using perspective.

Also, is there anyway to have multiple viewports? It'd be a lot easier to edit the model if I could have a "working viewport" and a "aligned with picture" viewport.

That perspective button is doing what it should, but I don't really know enough about zbrush 3 to tell you how to adjust the slider for it.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Gihgehls wrote: »
    Something to consider when modeling in Z-brush from photo reference is that by default, all views in Z-brush are orthographic, so they have no perspective. All the shots of Quinne DO have perspective which will cause certain features to look bigger in different angles.

was going to mention this too. To avoid this as much as possible, take shots from far away and zoom in on the subject. This will fix a lot of the fisheyeing you're getting with your photographs.

Also, Zbrush heads shouldn't take this long at all. I'm thinking your problem is you're lacking the knowledge of exactly how the skull works under the skin and landmark points. At the end of the day, who cares if it's 1:1 likeness, you should be caring if it looks like a real human being.

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg