As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What song is this?

LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
At the beginning of Alkaline Trio's song Time To Waste it sounds like a classical piece. Is that their music or did they use a piece of classical music? If they used classical, whats the piece? I liked that.

Lardalish on

• Options
    MuragoMurago Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm pretty sure they just came up with it buddy. Its like askin what classical piece is at the beginning of stairway to heaven, or bohemian rhapsody, or dust in the wind...or any coldplay song...or even metallica. They are musicians, its what they do.

As a side note, i don't even think they came up with it, as when i saw them live, no one played that part... they just sorta pushed play and it started playing. so i assumed if no one is able to perform it, then they can't play piano, meaning they couldn't have created it. I dunno, just my 2 cents.

Murago on
    Check out www.myspace.com/scarborough -- tell me what you think!
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Listening to the beginning of it, it seems rather basic (the harmony is simple being a walking broken arpeggio, and the melody is simply the same repeating theme over and over again) someone can simply do through a midi program and keyboard, and reading through some google hits regarding sheet music requests, I'm going to lean that it isn't a song so much as the band's own part of their song they did themselves.

As to the mention of them not being able to come up with it themselves, well, you can just get a keyboard and a good enough midi program and get everything done through there. If they just played a recording of it then I'm sure that's what they did.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12