Options

Hellgate†London: It's out. Why aren't you playing it?

• Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, I've made it to Act 5 and the main station there has a portal to...
    A guild hall.

I can't get into it yet.

devoir on
  • Options
    GoingIncognitoGoingIncognito Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    A guild hall.

I can't get into it yet.

Sweetness.

GoingIncognito on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    This will blow your mind!
    untitled.JPG

Try and solve that puzzle suckah!
    Hint: I came into that dungeon via Covent Garden Station

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    *Sigh* I wanted to play the game this weekend but my ISP decided friday was a great day to turn off my connection, wasn't supposed to be down untill monday and my new one comes up friday :(

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Doronron wrote: »
    Woo! Finally got my copy.. currently defragging my HD before I install it.

My account is flagged for

Alpha Tester
    Beta Tester
    Collector's Edition Registration Key
    Eligible for Founder's Offer
    PC Gamer Coco Moko Pet
    Lava Dye Kit
    Wasp Dye Kit

Although the Alpha Tester bit is kind of a lie.

Mine is:

Beta
    CE
    Founder's
    Lifetime Sub
    Coco Moko
    Biohazard
    Lava
    Wasp
    Royal

Neat stuff. Interested in seeing what other badged are developed as this thing evolves.

That's basically what mine will be once the subscription page comes up for I can actually subscribe for the lifetime subscription but of course it's still not up.

but right now mine is

Beta
    CD
    Founders Offer
    Coco Moko
    Biohazard
    Lava
    Wasp
    Royal

Lothars on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    There was an update today regarding that. They brought it back up briefly but the processing backend was running too slowly for what they wanted, so they took it back down again.

devoir on
  • Options
    DeliasDelias Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    BYToady wrote: »
    untitled.JPG

Try and solve that puzzle suckah!
    Hint: I came into that dungeon via Covent Garden Station

You went deeper or higher. The radar is decieving in that it only shows stuff on the same floor as you. :lol:

Delias on
    darleysam wrote: »
    Wrex has no problem taking cover. Cover has a problem taking Wrex.

SWTOR - Elysium
    League of Legends Handle - Siegfreid
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    devoir wrote: »
    A guild hall.

I can't get into it yet.

Me neither, but now that you're in the same act as me, I have someone to bug for help on these insane stages. "Pew pew pew dead, corpse run, pew pew pew pew, dead, repeat" :P

Delias on

SWTOR - Elysium
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Options
    Burning OrganBurning Organ Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hellgate†London: It's out. Why aren't you playing it?
    'Cos the thing won't go lower than 70hz, and my monitor doesn't go higher than 60!
    Oh joy!
    So why the hell did the demo work properly? :S
    (How to solve this problem?)

The only resolution my monitor supports properly 1024x768 is one of the few you can't get 60hz for....
    This is fucking ridiculous, as even fucking Crysis has better support for my old monitor, and looks a fuck ton better.
    Why the fuck would they NOT support 60hz on 1024x768? WHY?

Burning Organ on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Delias wrote: »
    You went deeper or higher. The radar is decieving in that it only shows stuff on the same floor as you. :lol:

Nope, if you look carefully you'll see the lines depecting the edges, that map was uncompleteable. Thankfully logging out and back in fixed it.

Logging in and out, and posting on the forums doesn't seem to be helping with my guardian. Time to find a phone number and bitch at a person.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I ended up picking this game up for $25. Pretty enjoyable so far.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Thanks guys. I think that answers most of my engineer questions. I think I might just go with a marksman. Less fuss more pew pew. :(

Does anyone know about the Summoner demon thing?

It is one at a time. Carnagor OR Witch Doctor OR Warper. Personally I like the Warper best, but I put one point into each of the others just so I wouldn't get slaughtered before I could get it.

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Nope, if you look carefully you'll see the lines depecting the edges, that map was uncompleteable. Thankfully logging out and back in fixed it.

Logging in and out, and posting on the forums doesn't seem to be helping with my guardian. Time to find a phone number and bitch at a person.

HAH good luck. I tried finding a support # when I thought the product key provided with one of my copies was invalid (Darn I/1/L lookalikes) and it kept referring me to the EA support page, which doesn't even have Hellgate listed. The whole thing made me want to shake a baby violently.

Delias on

SWTOR - Elysium
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I had that same problem last night too . . . like around 3 am EST. Weird.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    By the way, whoever said Witchdoctor didn't heal players, I'm watching my wife play her summoner right now and the witchdoctor is healing her. Granted, with just 1 point into him, its a fairly crappy heal, but he IS healing her.

Delias on

SWTOR - Elysium
    WoW - Siegfreid
    FFXIV - Maxim
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    By the way, whoever said Witchdoctor didn't heal players, I'm watching my wife play her summoner right now and the witchdoctor is healing her. Granted, with just 1 point into him, its a fairly crappy heal, but he IS healing her.

I said that, I wandered around getting beaten on for ages and the guy didn't do anything. Although I guess he might have been prioritizing trying to heal elementals. Still, my point stands, he is useless. He cant keep elementals alive, and you shouldn't be getting beaten on anyway as a summoner, you don't have enough health or armour. Perhaps he becomes practical in group play when he can heal the gaurdian or something.

In single player he would only be useful in healing the Carnagor, but you're only allowed 1 demon at a time.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    SymtexSymtex Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am looking for some players who likes to group and run some quest. My in-game name is Nakamura. I am a Blademaster Level 12. I have Vent/Teamspeak if needed.

I got lucky last night and I got the Hallowen Mask drop after an hour of play or so. I also got an pretty darn nice 117 fire damage 3star blade which I pimp the hell out of it.

Symtex on
    Symtex.slim.jpg
  • Options
    WillisIVIIXWillisIVIIX Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I hate you guys seriously, making me deeply consider buying this, going through what Service Pack 2 does to my computer. To have the addiction of killing the spawns of Hell that I had during my epic tenure of Diablo 2. To perhaps completely end my MMO run with a pseudo MMO, ha that's funny Hellgate is the Methadone for MMO abusers, and maybe it'll be the 12th step.

D: I'm at war with myself.

I hate you guys :(
    I love yall

WillisIVIIX on
  • Options
    arcatharcath Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Sneak! wrote: »

Hah....got mine for $15 :)

arcath on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    How can I slaughter the minions of hell with my floating robot companions if I keep crashing because I run out of memory?

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    narv107narv107 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    3) IT'S UGLY. I've known this all along, 5 minutes after starting my beta character, but to this moment, I can't get over how ugly it is. Armor doesn't change it's look, ever. It doesn't upgrade it's look, ever. They took out the 'varied drone models' from earlier in the game (alpha?) so you are stuck with the floating face with stars for engines. As odd as it sounds, this is my biggest gripe. I simply don't enjoy seeing my drone. I have no compassion for the little suicidal bastard.

This above all else is why my Engineer is shelved waiting for a patch. It is easily my favorite class, but having a retarded looking main pet just ruins it for me.

narv107 on
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My gripe with the game is how player characters are incredibly low quality compared to everything else. They look like Doom models. It just continues to irk me a great deal. What's the deal with that? I remember in alpha it wasn't the case. I remember admiring how some characters looked.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    arcath wrote: »

Where?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    tbloxham wrote: »

I said that, I wandered around getting beaten on for ages and the guy didn't do anything. Although I guess he might have been prioritizing trying to heal elementals. Still, my point stands, he is useless. He cant keep elementals alive, and you shouldn't be getting beaten on anyway as a summoner, you don't have enough health or armour. Perhaps he becomes practical in group play when he can heal the gaurdian or something.

In single player he would only be useful in healing the Carnagor, but you're only allowed 1 demon at a time.

I've heard from various people that once you put a few points into it the witch doctor is great at healing both elementals and players, cutting down on how often you need to summon new elementals to replace the dead by a huge amount

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Where?

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    couttscoutts Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    LADIES, my computer is back in action

coutts on
    Pearl FC - 2535 1604 7594 // Black FC - 2494 3438 2717
    scorpex.jpg
  • Options
    RetotheMixRetotheMix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Where?

WHERE

I'm also pretty up in the air :x

RetotheMix on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I'd just be getting this game to dick around with some of my friends that own it. $15 or $25 sounds just about right for that kind of action. Not $50 though.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    RetotheMix wrote: »
    EvilBadman wrote: »

Where?

WHERE

I'm also pretty up in the air :x
    If I could pick it up for that I'd buy it, but at full price no friggen way.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    38 bucks at Frys right now or just ask Best Buy to price match.

xeroismygod on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    38 bucks at Frys right now or just ask Best Buy to price match.
    Honestly, in the state that the game is now, about 30 bucks is the ceiling of what I'm willing to pay at the moment. That's why I want to hear where those guys got it.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    No kidding, where in the hell did you get the game for $15 or $25?

Scosglen on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Scosglen wrote: »
    No kidding, where in the hell did you get the game for $15 or $25?
    Lol pun..

But seriously, where the hell?

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I finally managed to get Zombots for my Guardian and my Marksman (well, markswoman). And I found a rare cricket bat called "Shaun's Trusty Sidekick."

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I want to hurt the people that came into the thread, announced that they got the game really cheap, and then disappeared when people started asking where.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    xeroismygodxeroismygod Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I want to hurt the people that came into the thread, announced that they got the game really cheap, and then disappeared when people started asking where.

Same, I want to get a second copy.

xeroismygod on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Same, I want to get a second copy.
    Well I haven't even gotten the first..

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    LiquidatorLiquidator Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Any word on whether or not Flagship is going to implement a way to respec? I'm getting really pissed that there's no way to do it right now, and I don't want to have to keep starting a new character to get my build right.

Liquidator on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Will this run on Win2k?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Will this run on Win2k?

No.