Options

Mass Effect - 8 days until you already know what happens from the spoilers you read

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh yeah I meant to post that. Collector's comes with a 192 page art book.

captaink on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    captaink wrote: »
    Oh yeah I meant to post that. Collector's comes with a 192 page art book.

Wait... this is the CE strategy guide!? *looks at price tag* *cries*. I don't like strategy guides, but I love art books...

Oh, Amazon has it for a lot less. *orders*. Now if someone could get the CE game into B&M stores....

Tomanta on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I just pre-ordered the collector's edition strategy guide from Amazon.

I haven't bought a strategy guide for about a decade, but a 192 page art book sounds like it could be worth $25. Maybe. I don't know. I'm getting it anyway.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    shiiiit. I really can't spend anymore money besides on reserves for next month. shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

$25 for the guide, $70 for the game... that's almost $100, and after tax I'm sure it is. but fuck, it's mass effect.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    shiiiit. I really can't spend anymore money besides on reserves for next month. shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

$25 for the guide, $70 for the game... that's almost $100, and after tax I'm sure it is. but fuck, it's mass effect.

Don't forget shipping, especially if you wanted the game on release day.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Oh...that reminds me. Any word on the Mass Effect Disc count?

I'd like to get a discount on Mass Effect!

HIYOOOOOH!

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'm not going to demean myself by buying a strategy guide, I don't care how pretty the concept art is.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »

Don't forget shipping, especially if you wanted the game on release day.

thanks. I did forget.

and if I don't get it release day, all is for naught!... well not quite.

the other two games I can't-wait-for are the week before it (galaxy and contra 4)... shall probably be the greatest week of my life.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'm not going to demean myself by buying a strategy guide, I don't care how pretty the concept art is.

but it's mass effect.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

but it's mass effect.

yeaaaahhhhh...

but

I mean

a strategy guide?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007

but it's mass effect.

yeaaaahhhhh...

but

I mean

a strategy guide?

and an art book. for mass effect.

:D

just fucking around. I totally can see not buying that. you already get like a 36 page art book with the LE of the game, assuming you are getting that.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

You're going to want it for the Japanese version.

The Japanese release of ME is going to include completely arbitrary circumstances that are easy to screw up for retrieving some of the best weapons in the game and the game will never tell you you're doing something wrong. And there will be totally illogical scavenger hunts for pieces of legendary equipment. You may or may not also be required to grind away at a specific task for 15-20 hours to retrieve some powerful items.

It'll be pretty cool. No word on if they're changing the art style, but these changes are why they don't know the Japanese release date yet and you'll definitely want the strategy guide if you're going to import it.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007

but it's mass effect.

yeaaaahhhhh...

but

I mean

a strategy guide?

and an art book. for mass effect.

:D

just fucking around. I totally can see not buying that. you already get like a 36 page art book with the LE of the game, assuming you are getting that.

But this art book is 192 pages and includes commentary from the developers on the evolution of the art from start to finish.

That sounds pretty cool to me and a lot better than a little 36 page art book.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    hey, I know.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

The Japanese release of ME is going to include completely arbitrary circumstances that are easy to screw up for retrieving some of the best weapons in the game and the game will never tell you you're doing something wrong. And there will be totally illogical scavenger hunts for pieces of legendary equipment. You may or may not also be required to grind away at a specific task for 15-20 hours to retrieve some powerful items.

It'll be pretty cool. No word on if they're changing the art style, but these changes are why they don't know the Japanese release date yet and you'll definitely want the strategy guide if you're going to import it.

wh

why would I want the japanese version?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    art books are cool and all, but i think i've looked at my burning crusade: CE one like 3 times and thats it.

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • Options
    edited October 2007

wh

For the grinding and all the dialogue choices being reduced to Yes/No responses.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007

wh

For the grinding and all the dialogue choices being reduced to Yes/No responses.

-Yes
    -No

Variable on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

wh

why are you screwing with me

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2007

wh

why are you screwing with me

Because it's my thread and I'll do whatever I wanna!

Until I get infracted again. :(

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The armor you wear affects your characters apperance, right?

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh fuck, now I'm gonna have to buy the LE strategy guide.

The fucking strategy guide! That art book better be worth it (i'm a concept art whore).

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Regicid3 wrote: »

Yes, that is why you often see Shepard and Ashley looking like they're wearing different armor. (because they are)

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I haven't read anything about the game, I'm on a media blackout. :)

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Yes, that is why you often see Shepard and Ashley looking like they're wearing different armor. (because they are)

I hope some of the heavier armor looks rad.

See the best party about a party system for me is I'm greedy, I want to wear all the cool loot. More party members=more loot and more loot = more fun.

Yay.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    so how far in before you get a lightsaber?

Variable on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

BioWare learned from their mistakes and you're going to start with one this time.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007

BioWare learned from their mistakes and you're going to start with one this time.

I assume it's part of the character creation... dual wield, double bladed, etc? probably right after you choose jedi class.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Pancake, are you on 360a?

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I pose another question for you good sir:

Has BioWare said whether or not you'll be able to use your character in ME1 in ME2?

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    They've stated that you absolutely will, and that the way you end this game will impact the storyline of the next. Implying that since this game has multiple endings, the next will have multiple beginnings :)

They also said there would be no disadvantage to having not played ME1 when you play ME2 beyond the coolness of reusing your character.

tbloxham on
    "That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Have the achievements for this game been leaked yet? They've usually been leaked by now, and I'm wondering what effect they have other than gamerscore.

I've heard, for example, that using abilities a certain number of times will allow you to access those abilities on subsequent playthroughs with classes that don't normally have them (Adept with Shotgun Proficiency, etc.).

If they haven't been leaked yet, what are we expecting in terms of achievements?

Taramoor on
  • Options
    UltimaGeckoUltimaGecko Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Have the achievements for this game been leaked yet? They've usually been leaked by now, and I'm wondering what effect they have other than gamerscore.

I've heard, for example, that using abilities a certain number of times will allow you to access those abilities on subsequent playthroughs with classes that don't normally have them (Adept with Shotgun Proficiency, etc.).

If they haven't been leaked yet, what are we expecting in terms of achievements?

That would be a cool concept, and hopefully that's in in some form (although that'd likely breed ridiculously overpowered characters), but still ++ games or reusable content and unlockables just make repeat playthroughs all the cooler...although that particular bonus seems partially unlikely if you get to use the same character again in sequels.

This game needs to come out already, give me one of those gold-certified discs!
    (...I should probably pre-order something...)

UltimaGecko on
    The facehuggers want to play with you in the AvP LP. Facehuggers also want you to check out the TF2 cards here. View the in-progress RE mansion recreation for L4D here.
    Bitstream wrote: »
    People respect a man who might do science at any moment.
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    tbloxham wrote: »
    They've stated that you absolutely will, and that the way you end this game will impact the storyline of the next. Implying that since this game has multiple endings, the next will have multiple beginnings :)

They also said there would be no disadvantage to having not played ME1 when you play ME2 beyond the coolness of reusing your character.

Fucking yes.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Fucking yes.

So basically, BioWare is making their own version of the Quest for Glory series.

In space.

With big fucking guns.

And hot bisexual alien spacebabes with blue boobs.

This game was not made by men, but willed into existence by the Gods themselves.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I read the book a few months ago and I had no clue that the main character was black... did I miss something?

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I read the book a few months ago and I had no clue that the main character was black... did I miss something?

Yes. In the prologue, it's mentioned that his features are primarily African. Like, the first time he appears.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    You know, I reread like the first 30 pages just for kicks and giggles before I found out he was black and before I made that post. I read that line, but I didn't connect it to being black.

I'm a newb.

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Pancake, are you on 360a?

No, I am not.

Where yalborap goes, I stay far away.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Taramoor wrote: »

Fucking yes.

So basically, BioWare is making their own version of the Quest for Glory series.

In space.

With big fucking guns.

And hot bisexual alien spacebabes with blue boobs.

This game was not made by men, but willed into existence by the Gods themselves.

Imagine if Elsa had been a hot bisexual alien spacebabe with blue boobs.

With a German accent.

Shit hot.

devoir on
This discussion has been closed.