Options

Mass Effect - 8 days until you already know what happens from the spoilers you read

145791064

Posts

  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    Some people even said they weren't going to buy the game if the female romanceable character had a buzzcut.

    What's wrong with buzzcuts?
    I've had a thing for buzzcuts and short hair ever since Gozer the Traveler.
    See, for me it was Vasquez.

    Holy shit. I just IMDB'ed her to see what else she'd been in. I had no idea she played John Connor's foster mom in Terminator 2. Talk about a change of appearance. Shit.
    Yeah, I didn't notice that till like my 137th time watching T2.

    Totally different from Vasquez.

    COMPLETELY! I watched Terminator 2 every day after school for a year when it came out on video, and I just watched Aliens and Terminator 2 within a few days of eachother last week with my wife and I didn't put it together....

    Another thing I didn't realize 'till my last time watching Terminator 2. That scene when the T1000 is chopping celery while disguised as John Connor's foster mom, and he tells John over the phone that he's making beef stew.

    I bet if he'd finished it, that beef stew would've tasted fucking awesome.
    She also plays the mom in Titanic that tucks her kids in to bed before they drowned.

    James Cameron just likes putting her in movies.

    Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    Fatty McBeardoFatty McBeardo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    She went from hardcore Latina badass to Irish. That is really quite a change.

    Fatty McBeardo on
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    As usual I'm completely incapable of making my own decisions...

    Mass Effect, or Assassins Creed?

    I only have enough cash for two games late next month. Super Mario Galaxy will be one of them.

    That's not even a question that needs to be asked

    Mass Effect and Assassin's creed

    I would ignore Mario galaxy because It looks so meh to me.

    Lothars on
  • Options
    JimJimBinksJimJimBinks Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Lothars wrote: »
    As usual I'm completely incapable of making my own decisions...

    Mass Effect, or Assassins Creed?

    I only have enough cash for two games late next month. Super Mario Galaxy will be one of them.

    That's not even a question that needs to be asked

    Mass Effect and Assassin's creed

    I would ignore Mario galaxy because It looks so meh to me.


    I can't ignore Mario. I will buy any stand alone Mario game.
    If the game was called "Mario shits in your living room" I'd still buy it.

    JimJimBinks on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    You are not pathetic, you just realise that BG2 is the best game to have been created. I just hope ME can take its place.

    this is the absolute truth, BG2 is my favorite game of all time

    I play through it almost once a year, until recently

    my jewel case had become so worn that the discs were just sliding around inside, and one slid right into the hinge as I was closing the case

    snapped it in two

    Scudo on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    Yeah but have they made terrible naked fan art yet?

    I don't know about naked, but there was an "Asari calender" thread at one point and it filled up with fanart of barely dressed Asari.

    LINK

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Why? She's not very interesting.

    Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Lothars wrote: »
    As usual I'm completely incapable of making my own decisions...

    Mass Effect, or Assassins Creed?

    I only have enough cash for two games late next month. Super Mario Galaxy will be one of them.

    That's not even a question that needs to be asked

    Mass Effect and Assassin's creed

    Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    Why? She's not very interesting.

    Yeah...but for some reason...blue-skinned alien chicks(asexuals in the asari's case) seem to attract all kinds of fans. Guess it's the head tentacles or something.

    Dragkonias on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Scudo wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    You are not pathetic, you just realise that BG2 is the best game to have been created. I just hope ME can take its place.

    this is the absolute truth, BG2 is my favorite game of all time

    I play through it almost once a year, until recently

    my jewel case had become so worn that the discs were just sliding around inside, and one slid right into the hinge as I was closing the case

    snapped it in two

    That's why I've made back up discs. There's actually no copy protection on BG2's discs at all, so you can copy them if you want. My back ups are kind of beat up at this point, but it's better than having my original discs get beaten up.

    It was kind of strange, though, that after two years of heavy use when I didn't actually have a CD burner, there's not a single scratch or blemish on the original discs.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    Why? She's not very interesting.

    Yeah...but for some reason...blue-skinned alien chicks(asexuals in the asari's case) seem to attract all kinds of fans. Guess it's the head tentacles or something.
    Yeah, okay, but she's not very interesting.

    Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Goomba wrote: »
    Why? She's not very interesting.

    Yeah...but for some reason...blue-skinned alien chicks(asexuals in the asari's case) seem to attract all kinds of fans. Guess it's the head tentacles or something.
    Yeah, okay, but she's not very interesting.

    Liara isn't actually the only Asari in the game, much less in the Mass Effect universe.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I honestly hope that Mass Effect lets you get a good feel of the different alien cultures and how they "feel", though I guess there would be limitations to that since your character is human would still be cool if it was included.

    Dragkonias on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    Why? She's not very interesting.

    i guess we can figure out which way you'll be playing, then

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    That doesn't sound very interesting.

    Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    Scudo wrote: »
    Janson wrote: »
    You are not pathetic, you just realise that BG2 is the best game to have been created. I just hope ME can take its place.

    this is the absolute truth, BG2 is my favorite game of all time

    I play through it almost once a year, until recently

    my jewel case had become so worn that the discs were just sliding around inside, and one slid right into the hinge as I was closing the case

    snapped it in two

    That's why I've made back up discs. There's actually no copy protection on BG2's discs at all, so you can copy them if you want. My back ups are kind of beat up at this point, but it's better than having my original discs get beaten up.

    It was kind of strange, though, that after two years of heavy use when I didn't actually have a CD burner, there's not a single scratch or blemish on the original discs.

    yeah, I wish I had thought of that

    now I avoid jewel cases like the plague and keep all my game discs in one of those CD sleeve things

    eventually I will just re-buy BG2, I occasionally see it in stores boxed with the expansion

    and speaking of discs, while I was picking up my ME preorder disc I got them to put my name on the ME cardboard stand, so I've got first dibs on it unless an employee calls it first (which is very likely)

    Scudo on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I honestly hope that Mass Effect lets you get a good feel of the different alien cultures and how they "feel", though I guess there would be limitations to that since your character is human would still be cool if it was included.

    It looks like they'll be trying to a degree. It will be kind of hard since you are human and the aliens tend not to be overly fond of humanity. If they aren't openly distrustful or hostile, they're still pretty lacking in confidence in the human race.

    Just Shepard being a Spectre is a big step that I imagine many races aren't happy with at all since it could mean an invitation to the Council in the near future, which every race that belongs to the Citadel Council has had to work hard and sacrifice a lot to get, which humanity hasn't really done.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    That doesn't sound very interesting.

    you don't sound very interesting. Think of the bristling nipples!

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    you don't sound very interesting. Think of the bristling nipples!
    Sounds dangerous

    Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    arod_77arod_77 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    you don't sound very interesting. Think of the bristling nipples!
    Sounds dangerous

    And Lonely

    :winky:

    arod_77 on
    glitteratsigcopy.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    you don't sound very interesting. Think of the bristling nipples!
    Sounds dangerous

    Why yes, it is very dangerous. They may be poisonous.

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    Why yes, it is very dangerous. They may be poisonous.
    Nothing your biotics could not handle, though.

    Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    darleysam wrote: »
    Why yes, it is very dangerous. They may be poisonous.
    Nothing your biotics could not handle, though.

    Oh, i've got some very special biotics :winky:

    darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So is anyone who read the book extremely excited about having a Krogan Battlemaster on your team. I'm sure as shit going to invite him the very first time I get a chance.

    Prospicience on
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Uhh, well, Wrex has already been a keeper for me even from the beginning, but what about the battlemasters in the book makes it more appealing?

    Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Uhh, well, Wrex has already been a keeper for me even from the beginning, but what about the battlemasters in the book makes it more appealing?

    The Battle Master in the book is a huge hulking tank of a Krogan that gets the snot beat and shot out of him throughout the entire book, but he keeps on coming and seemingly nothing can bring him down. And then he's a powerful biotic on top of being physically incredibly strong.

    He was like an organic tank.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Alucard6986Alucard6986 xbox: Ubeltanzer swtor: UbelRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Ahh, well, the character designers must earn their checks then since I got that impression just from looking at him.

    Alucard6986 on
    PSN: Ubeltanzer Blizzard: Ubel#1258
  • Options
    bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Dashui wrote: »
    Lothars wrote: »
    As usual I'm completely incapable of making my own decisions...

    Mass Effect, or Assassins Creed?

    I only have enough cash for two games late next month. Super Mario Galaxy will be one of them.

    That's not even a question that needs to be asked

    Mass Effect and Assassin's creed

    You both should ask Santa for a soul this Christmas

    bruin on
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    Dashui wrote: »
    Lothars wrote: »
    As usual I'm completely incapable of making my own decisions...

    Mass Effect, or Assassins Creed?

    I only have enough cash for two games late next month. Super Mario Galaxy will be one of them.

    That's not even a question that needs to be asked

    Mass Effect and Assassin's creed

    You both should ask Santa for a soul this Christmas

    I did that's why I am avoiding Mario Galaxy, to me It doesn't look like anything special.

    Lothars on
  • Options
    CruixCruix Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So is anyone who read the book extremely excited about having a Krogan Battlemaster on your team. I'm sure as shit going to invite him the very first time I get a chance.

    Man, I am for one. I hope they live up to the way they depicted Skarr in battle. I know he's supposed to be the best of the best, but it'll be amazing if they're just even half as great.

    In the same vein, is anyone else confused about Batarians? I just went on Wiki and it said that they won't be in the game at all, which seemed really odd after reading the novel. I wonder what the reasoning is.

    Cruix on
    housesig2.gif
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cruix wrote: »
    In the same vein, is anyone else confused about Batarians? I just went on Wiki and it said that they won't be in the game at all, which seemed really odd after reading the novel. I wonder what the reasoning is.

    How is it confusing? The Batarians were important in that section of space since the humans and Batarians are trying to colonize the same areas and hostilities broke out, but that was 18 years before the game and if the game doesn't take place where there are Batarians, well, there probably wouldn't be any. The Bartarians aren't a wide-spread major species. They're kind of like humanity eighteen years ago, though with even less presence.

    They've said they could be in subsequent games, though.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    CruixCruix Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »
    Cruix wrote: »
    In the same vein, is anyone else confused about Batarians? I just went on Wiki and it said that they won't be in the game at all, which seemed really odd after reading the novel. I wonder what the reasoning is.

    How is it confusing? The Batarians were important in that section of space since the humans and Batarians are trying to colonize the same areas and hostilities broke out, but that was 18 years before the game and if the game doesn't take place where there are Batarians, well, there probably wouldn't be any. The Bartarians aren't a wide-spread major species. They're kind of like humanity eighteen years ago, though with even less presence.

    They've said they could be in subsequent games, though.

    I was just confused because I was assuming at some point we'd be seeing Blue Suns and the like (since we'd probably be seeing batarians in their ranks), and just since the book made it such a point of mentioning the rivalry between batarians and humans. I know it was just background and all that, but I assumed it would be setting up for some kind of conflicts during the game as well, that's all. Guess not.

    Cruix on
    housesig2.gif
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Cruix wrote: »
    Pancake wrote: »
    Cruix wrote: »
    In the same vein, is anyone else confused about Batarians? I just went on Wiki and it said that they won't be in the game at all, which seemed really odd after reading the novel. I wonder what the reasoning is.

    How is it confusing? The Batarians were important in that section of space since the humans and Batarians are trying to colonize the same areas and hostilities broke out, but that was 18 years before the game and if the game doesn't take place where there are Batarians, well, there probably wouldn't be any. The Bartarians aren't a wide-spread major species. They're kind of like humanity eighteen years ago, though with even less presence.

    They've said they could be in subsequent games, though.

    I was just confused because I was assuming at some point we'd be seeing Blue Suns and the like (since we'd probably be seeing batarians in their ranks), and just since the book made it such a point of mentioning the rivalry between batarians and humans. I know it was just background and all that, but I assumed it would be setting up for some kind of conflicts during the game as well, that's all. Guess not.

    We don't really know what's going on in the background, just that Saren is the villain.

    For all we know, Shepard's background involves the batarians since Shepard isn't exactly a fresh faced soldier straight out of boot camp.

    We really don't know what role much of anything will play in ME. Like I said before, the rivalry between the humans and the batarians was limited to a small section of territory. It wasn't a galaxy wide conflict or anything, it was very local. And at the time in the game, it was almost twenty years ago.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    As it said in the book, the Council wouldn't let the conflict become Galaxy wide. They'd thump the shit out of who ever stepped out of line.

    It was interesting to read some back ground on the Mass Effect story. It's interesting that the world suddenly came together when Prothean tech was found. Wishful thinking by the writer I guess.

    Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I haven't read the book, but aren't the countries on Earth still separate states? They're just all under the heading of an Alliance, aren't they?

    Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I haven't read the book, but aren't the countries on Earth still separate states? They're just all under the heading of an Alliance, aren't they?

    They're all under the Alliance. Just like most racial features, everything is mostly homogeneous. Humanity is all united and such.

    Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh well, my 360 has just got 3 red lights so no Mass Effect at launch for me... It's definetly going to be the game of the year now just to torment me.

    Uncle_Balsamic on
    2LmjIWB.png
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh well, my 360 has just got 3 red lights so no Mass Effect at launch for me... It's definetly going to be the game of the year now just to torment me.

    You have a good 2 weeks. Plenty of time for a replacement.

    The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh well, my 360 has just got 3 red lights so no Mass Effect at launch for me... It's definetly going to be the game of the year now just to torment me.

    Thats why I have not turned on my 360 in over a week. I an conserving. :D

    Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Oh well, my 360 has just got 3 red lights so no Mass Effect at launch for me... It's definetly going to be the game of the year now just to torment me.

    You have a good 2 weeks. Plenty of time for a replacement.

    Well, my last 'issue' took a month to resolve. Not to dishearten you or anything.

    Big Classy on
This discussion has been closed.