Options

Mass Effect - 8 days until you already know what happens from the spoilers you read

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Oh well, my 360 has just got 3 red lights so no Mass Effect at launch for me... It's definetly going to be the game of the year now just to torment me.

You have a good 2 weeks. Plenty of time for a replacement.

He has 3 and a half weeks, really. Even better. Call xbox support asap. You could realistically get it back before the 20th.

Renzo on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Big Isy wrote: »
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    Oh well, my 360 has just got 3 red lights so no Mass Effect at launch for me... It's definetly going to be the game of the year now just to torment me.

You have a good 2 weeks. Plenty of time for a replacement.

Well, my last 'issue' took a month to resolve. Not to dishearten you or anything.

Oh of course. What I mean is, send it now, chances are you wll get it back in time.

I of course have a EU launch 360, played probably 4 hours a day every day for well over a year and has not produced on glitch, problem or RROD ever, and probably never will. I still have a working NES. Im just so goddammed lucky with console reliability. Mainly cause Im super OCD about protecting em (compressed air sprayed in the back every week or so clears all the dust)

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Man.... that's some Monk shit right there with the cleaning. But it worked out for you so it's all good.
    I'm on my third right now and it sounds like it's about to go.... but that's a tale for another thread. The return in the whole repairs fiasco is really inconsistent. My first got back within seven days of sending it off. The second one took 29 days.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Well, I'm on my second 360. I got my 360 back about a week after they received it and it turned out to be a brand new 360 that had been manufactured just two weeks before I got it from UPS and it had the GPU heatskink and everything.

I've had less problems (no problems) with it than I had with my brand new store bought 360 that it replaced so I've been pleased with MS's support.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Compressed air is great.

My father is a photographer, when I was an infant there was a fire at his office and all the compressed air he stored blew a hole in our house the size of a garage door. It was when I was walking home from school (primary school, I must have been 7 or 8) and as Im walking up the drive BANG and half the house gets thrown out onto the front lawn. Luckily noone was in the house. I missed dying in a gas explosion by about 25 seconds.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Awesome.

and dangerous.

Renzo on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    See, up until the 360, i think just about every console i've owned has worked fine. My Master System did die about a week after getting it, but that was replaced and would probably still work now, if i could find it. PS1, 2, Xbox, and a whole host of other computers and things have all worked great. Then i get my 360 home, set it up, turn it on.. red lights, hard-drive failure. Got it replaced.
    That one worked fine for a while, threw up a fair few DREs, then eventually the dvd drive just failed. Wouldn't open, spin up or anything.
    Third one worked almost fine, but from the start sounded like something wasn't aligned right inside. It sounded like it was scratching the discs to hell, but there was never a mark on them. I suspected it was a fan that wasn't right, but didn't want to take my chances. It had crashed a few times, and i didn't want a dead console right before Halo 3's launch.
    So now, i'm effectively on my fourth, and i don't want to jinx it by saying how it's performing.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    My Gamecube crapped out on me about a year into its life, it stopped reading discs.

Sent it to Nintendo, got a new console back, for free, after about 3 weeks. Played Baldur's Gate 1 in that intervening period, havent played my Gamecube properly since.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Uncle_BalsamicUncle_Balsamic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah my 360s been fine up to now. Hopefully they'll be quick fixing it so, fingers crossed.

Uncle_Balsamic on
    2LmjIWB.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Same with me. I've had a tonne of consoles and my megadrive even got burnt courtesy of a fire in my bedroom.... it still worked. PFFT! Overheating 360s, ain't nothing but a joke.

Big Classy on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    my 360 has been fine... I've left it on overnight at time and checked in the morning and felt no warmth. granted, it wasn't playing games the whole time but it went from game to movie to game over about 12 hours, still felt good. so I'm confident.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, I wonder if the alien lesbian scene is going to be some sort of end game movie for being a good little boy.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    GoombaGoomba __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Oddjob187 wrote: »
    So, I wonder if the alien lesbian scene is going to be some sort of end game movie for being a good little boy.
    Just like all of the other ones?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Goomba wrote: »
    Just like all of the other ones?

Goomba

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    -Bramble-Bramble Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My 360 took the "3 red light" shit on me last night. It's probably what I deserve for renting Two Worlds.

-Bramble on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

there's not going to be a big fanfare or procession, it's likely to be the result of your actions and conversation choices. Like Tycho says in.. i think the last podcast, it's probably going to be as part of a relationship you've cultivated through the game with one of the characters. Note, the rating said with either a human or humanoid female, so you're going to have to choose which one you're more interested in, and chat her up. It's not going to be an extra option.
    Talk To:
    Give Item To:
    Point:
    Boff:

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    darleysam wrote: »

there's not going to be a big fanfare or procession, it's likely to be the result of your actions and conversation choices. Like Tycho says in.. i think the last podcast, it's probably going to be as part of a relationship you've cultivated through the game with one of the characters. Note, the rating said with either a human or humanoid female, so you're going to have to choose which one you're more interested in, and chat her up. It's not going to be an extra option.
    Talk To:
    Give Item To:
    Point:
    Boff:

You mean BioWare is going to handle it maturely and tastefully and make it the culmination of a slowly developing relationship?

That's the stupidest idea ever. I bet you start the game up and there's lesbian boobs all over the place and they're all making out and it will be glorious.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    That'll be the 'Captain Kirk' mode in the options.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Oddjob187Oddjob187 Pew TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'd totally throw down the Kirk moves.

Oddjob187 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    So guys, about those boobs, how awesome are those boobs going to be?

I bet they're going to be so awesome because they're boobs and they're going to be shown in Mass Effect and they're boobs!

Also, lesbians and boobs and lesbian boobs and awesome! Awesome boobs that are lesbian boobs boobs boobs!

Lesbians Kirk boobs lesbians!

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    teamamerica.jpg
    i'm sensing that you're trying to tell us something..

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Bosoms, melons, milk factories, busts, fun bags, knockers, ballistics, boobies, jugs, nipples, jubblies, stonking great tits?

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WallhitterWallhitter Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DARK ENERGY COLLECTORS!

Wallhitter on
  • Options
    GenericFanGenericFan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, hate to interrupt this intense conversation you have going.

But, you know, not really.

Have any of the developers hinted at a Pacific/Australasia release date? It says that only America and Europe have confirmed release dates. I'm hoping I can get my 360 fixed before Mass Effect comes out.

GenericFan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    GenericFan wrote: »

Have any of the developers hinted at a Pacific/Australasia release date? It says that only America and Europe have confirmed release dates. I'm hoping I can get my 360 fixed before Mass Effect comes out.

http://masseffect.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=588818&forum=104

November 22.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    devoir wrote: »

November 22.

Oh really? I believe that's not what the link says.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Pancake wrote: »

November 22.

One of us is not reading what the link says correctly.
    It took us a little extra time to nail down the Australian release date but we can now finally confirm that Mass Effect will be on store shelves in Australia on Novemebr 22 2007.

I must be dyslexic.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

November 22.

It took us a little extra time to nail down the Australian release date but we can now finally confirm that Mass Effect will be on store shelves in Australia on Novemebr 22 2007.
    I must be dyslexic.
    Pancake is kind of a jerk.

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

November 22.

I must be dyslexic.

Pancake is also a gurl.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So, what's this Mass Effect LCE I've seen in certain people's XBL status?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited October 2007

That's the pre-order disc.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »

November 22.

I must be dyslexic.

Pancake is also a gurl.
    Pharezon

Goomba on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

That's the pre-order disc.
    ah

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Can we get back to talking about the boobs?
    I was going to put some ASCII art boobs in here, but decided I probably didn't want a serious infraction.

At least not today

Lewisham on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Lewisham wrote: »
    Can we get back to talking about the boobs?
    I was going to put some ASCII art boobs in here, but decided I probably didn't want a serious infraction.

At least not today

No.

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    i got a 360. turn it on: three red rings. FREAKING OUT turn it off. turn it on. No red rings. I'm still on for mass effect.

I for one look forward to refreshingly prudish game design

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Greeper wrote: »
    i got a 360. turn it on: three red rings. FREAKING OUT turn it off. turn it on. No red rings. I'm still on for mass effect.

I for one look forward to refreshingly prudish game design

Just don't turn it on until Mass Effect comes.

devoir on
  • Options
    Regicid3Regicid3 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was watching the PAX videos that are available on GT and I noticed something funny about an NPC's name. His name was... Richard L. Jenkins...

Regicid3 on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was doing just fine and dandy until you guys started mentioning failing 360s and now I'm afraid that could happen to me and arrrrgh D:

Janson on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Pharezon wrote: »

November 22.

I must be dyslexic.

Pancake is also a gurl.

HIS SECRET IS OUT!

Janson, i didn't even think you owned a 360?

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
This discussion has been closed.