The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Why American Education Sucks

1246716

Posts

  • ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    don't leave us in suspense kahziim

    is it a variable or what?

    Zonkytonkman on
    Sig is too tall - Elki
    walnutmon wrote: »
    Seta 3000 wrote: »
    so walnutmon, have you told your girlfriend that you'll hit her if she leaves you
    Actually yes. She doesn't care, because she knows i'm kidding. But i'm not, i'll kick her right in the vagina. By the way, I got jailed for posting about an emulator I use, because I didn't think that was bad. It has very little to do with the fact that I want to beat women.
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    all calc is is algebra

    all higher maths are just really complicated uses of algebra

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    its a variable i guess

    Kovak on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    don't leave us in suspense kahziim

    is it a variable or what?

    well shit, now that you put it that way

    I mean, it acts as a constant

    but it's a substitution for a variable

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    i love algebra so much

    Kovak on
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I could not see getting past day one of calc 1 without my mad algebra skillz

    Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Guys sometimes I start to fret about whether or not I can be a good teacher. Like, sometimes it gets oppressive and I get all haugalaug because History is my life and if I can't teach History I don't know what I am going to do with my life.

    I really don't have any kind of, you know, plan B on this subject.

    Volucrisus Aedrius on
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Keith wrote:
    What would be your ultimate slam dunk??
    I would dunk it so hard my parents would love each other again
  • Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User
    edited October 2007
    150cc wrote: »
    Another one of my teachers who was incredibly bad was the gigantically endowed mildly attractive 25 year old who accentuated her cleavage each day

    It got old quickly

    Two years after she left the school she came to our graduation and leaned into my friend's ear and said

    i'm so lonely

    what did he do?

    Ol' Sparky on
  • tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    i had a pretty rad calculus teacher

    150cc do you teach math?

    tugga on
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    When I was in high school the math dept. preached the dogma of You use algebra in everyday life when ever someone decided to question it
    One day I made the smart ass remark of It tells you where X goes on your paycheck
    Thus earning myself a trip to the office and to study hall for the rest of the year

    Brainleech on
    A.jpg
  • Mr. ShineMr. Shine Registered User
    edited October 2007
    isocc teaches history

    Mr. Shine on
    Yeah your alias says your captain Jean-Luc Picard of the United Federation of Planets, 'cause he won't speak English anyway.
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    tugga wrote: »
    i had a pretty rad calculus teacher

    150cc do you teach math?

    History he said eariler

    Brainleech on
    A.jpg
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Kadith wrote: »
    I could not see getting past day one of calc 1 without my mad algebra skillz

    mad algebra skillz make it so much more work

    you can solve a problem in 2 lines by memorizing a few formulas
    or you can take up half a page through crazy algebra things that you are only half sure you didn't make up on the spot

    potatoe on
    I tried to write "but that" and my hands naturally wrote "butt hat", which is vastly superior in every way.
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I can FOIL like a mean motherfucker

    Koshian on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    potatoe proves a theorem each time she uses it

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    potatoe wrote: »
    Kadith wrote: »
    I could not see getting past day one of calc 1 without my mad algebra skillz

    mad algebra skillz make it so much more work

    you can solve a problem in 2 lines by memorizing a few formulas
    or you can take up half a page through crazy algebra things that you are only half sure you didn't make up on the spot


    i was taught calculus through all algebra


    algebra is so satisfying

    Kovak on
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    she?

    potatoe, do you have boobies?

    Koshian on
  • GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I kind of want to talk about my day at school but it really isn't about the education system so much as my school's stupid rules and the assholes that are in charge so I feel like I need a different thread for that..

    So like, I am disturbed at how poor students reading skills are.

    "Atticus walked to th-th-th-the car and ime....imediat.....imeredaterly said Jem, "go inside the hose... oh house haha sorry."

    Graves on
    Usher wrote:
    Honey got a booty like pow pow pow
    Honey got some boobies like wow oh wow.
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Koshian wrote: »
    she?

    potatoe, do you have boobies?

    yes

    teehee

    potatoe on
    I tried to write "but that" and my hands naturally wrote "butt hat", which is vastly superior in every way.
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Koshian wrote: »
    I can FOIL like a mean motherfucker

    First Outer Inner Last, bitches.
    I used to amaze the kids in resource by factoring big quadratics in my head. Obviously, these were quadratics that you didn't need to use the formula to find the factors, but it was still fun hearing them go "How the fuck did you do that?"
    Also, a good way to remember the quadratic formula: sing it to the tune of "Pop goes the weasel."

    Me Too! on
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    potatoe and i are the next forum couple

    Kovak on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    POP

    over twooo A!

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Lol! wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    I can FOIL like a mean motherfucker

    First Outer Inner Last, bitches.
    I used to amaze the kids in resource by factoring big quadratics in my head. Obviously, these were quadratics that you didn't need to use the formula to find the factors, but it was still fun hearing them go "How the fuck did you do that?"
    Also, a good way to remember the quadratic formula: sing it to the tune of "Pop goes the weasel."

    yes, wiggin you magnificent bastard

    Koshian on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Captain K wrote: »
    150cc wrote: »
    CryInd.jpg

    I could really go for some Savvy Indian Chewing Tobacco right now.


    Yuuuuu-mmeeeee

    yummy yum yum

    Dammit.

    *Shells out $50 to a Navajo*

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

    Check Out Wizard Village: Chapter 3!
    fyK1ruo.jpg


  • tuggatugga Makin' movies Makin' songsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    i had two math teachers through all of high school, one was a retarded closet lesbian, and the other is pretty much my mentor and idol. he was probably the coolest teacher on the planet.

    and my english teacher was batshit fucking insane. like the type that knew english iv was boring as fuck, so she made up for it by being looney as hell, generally making the class fun

    tugga on
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Kovak wrote: »
    potatoe and i are the next forum couple

    I think your hand would get lonely

    Brainleech on
    A.jpg
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Kovak wrote: »
    potatoe and i are the next forum couple

    the cutest forum couple, if i do say so myself

    potatoe on
    I tried to write "but that" and my hands naturally wrote "butt hat", which is vastly superior in every way.
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    PEMDAS FO LYFE

    BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    man, if only the quadratic formula was all I had to remember

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    potatoe wrote: »
    Kovak wrote: »
    potatoe and i are the next forum couple

    the cutest forum couple, if i do say so myself

    so adorable

    Kovak on
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    trig is the bane of my existence

    potatoe on
    I tried to write "but that" and my hands naturally wrote "butt hat", which is vastly superior in every way.
  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    potatoe...

    I thought

    Skull Man on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Koshian wrote: »
    Lol! wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    I can FOIL like a mean motherfucker

    First Outer Inner Last, bitches.
    I used to amaze the kids in resource by factoring big quadratics in my head. Obviously, these were quadratics that you didn't need to use the formula to find the factors, but it was still fun hearing them go "How the fuck did you do that?"
    Also, a good way to remember the quadratic formula: sing it to the tune of "Pop goes the weasel."

    yes, wiggin you magnificent bastard

    Resource teacher: "Does anyone know the quadratic formula?"
    Me, singing: "X is equal to negative b, plus or minus the square root, of b squared minus 4 ac, all over 2 a."
    Kids: "...what"

    Me Too! on
  • GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    My english teacher last year was fucking crazy as shit.

    She had the craziest smile and was generally wacko and would repeat everything she said 5 times exactly.

    She was very annoying.

    She was very annoying.

    She was very annoying.

    She was very annoying.

    She was very annoying.

    Graves on
    Usher wrote:
    Honey got a booty like pow pow pow
    Honey got some boobies like wow oh wow.
  • potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Skull Man wrote: »
    potatoe...

    I thought

    shhh, he doesn't know about us and i want to keep it that way

    potatoe on
    I tried to write "but that" and my hands naturally wrote "butt hat", which is vastly superior in every way.
  • Mr. ShineMr. Shine Registered User
    edited October 2007
    BusterK wrote: »
    PEMDAS FO LYFE

    Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally

    Mr. Shine on
    Yeah your alias says your captain Jean-Luc Picard of the United Federation of Planets, 'cause he won't speak English anyway.
  • GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Brainleech wrote: »
    When I was in high school the math dept. preached the dogma of You use algebra in everyday life when ever someone decided to question it
    One day I made the smart ass remark of It tells you where X goes on your paycheck
    Thus earning myself a trip to the office and to study hall for the rest of the year

    Hahaha.

    Seriously, man. The only purpose Algebra really has, as I understand it, is the proving that you're willing to learn something that prepares your brain for even harder shit when you get to college. Even so, I don't see why Algebra couldn't be replaced with some form of education that would actually help people in their lives at some point.

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

    Check Out Wizard Village: Chapter 3!
    fyK1ruo.jpg


  • Skull ManSkull Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    oh I see ok shh

    Skull Man on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I was supposed to learn how to integrate complicated square roots by substituting with trigonometric functions on friday

    I just, I don't even know

    Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • KoshianKoshian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Lol! wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    Lol! wrote: »
    Koshian wrote: »
    I can FOIL like a mean motherfucker

    First Outer Inner Last, bitches.
    I used to amaze the kids in resource by factoring big quadratics in my head. Obviously, these were quadratics that you didn't need to use the formula to find the factors, but it was still fun hearing them go "How the fuck did you do that?"
    Also, a good way to remember the quadratic formula: sing it to the tune of "Pop goes the weasel."

    yes, wiggin you magnificent bastard

    Resource teacher: "Does anyone know the quadratic formula?"
    Me, singing: "X is equal to negative b, plus or minus the square root, of b squared minus 4 ac, all over 2 a."
    Kids: "...what"

    why are you in a resource class

    are you a student aid?

    Koshian on
Sign In or Register to comment.