As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PA Forums Ventrilo / Discord Server

• Options
    Crazed LlamaCrazed Llama Registered User regular
    Dota2 channel plz, just one in a sea of LoL

tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    these comments are fucking bullshit

gotta click on that shit? occupy mumble.

• Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    Need the Asiina channel back so we can be anti-social.

• Options
    ofthefountainofthefountain Registered User regular
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Looks like you guys got this handled for now... unless this is a grab for power oh noooooooooooo...
    @ofthefountain , did you pay for a server or what? Should I still be looking for a long term server?

I paid for 3 months. So you guys got 3 months to decide to stick with mumble or move back to vent.

• Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    since i got botp'd as someone who has used both, i much prefer ventrilo

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    i prefer ventrilo too, but probably because i was so used to it

but yeah, thanks a lot ofthefountain!

• Options
    WoggleWoggle OheoRegistered User regular
    Well I installed mumble and it refuses to accept mouse 4 as a push to talk bind. When I try to set a new bind, the prompt just sits there blank like I'm not pressing anything at all. Google is being decidedly unhelpful, with at best four or five various forum threads that never result in a solution except for one (restart/reinstall), which I've already done, before it regresses into basic setup guide results.

It's a razer diamondback on win7 x64 pro with the thumb buttons bound to Windows Button 4 and 5 in the driver. If anyone with stronger google-fu has an idea I'm all ears. This is a less than one day old windows install, so nuke from orbit is right out.

• Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    I"m all about new things, I'd like us to try this solution for now. After three months we can pick mumble or ventrilo.

If things get really terrible we can look into getting a ventrilo server sooner.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    yeah of course it makes sense to use up the three months

but still

vent was my warm and safe place

• Options
    I can be your warm and safe place. and wet

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I am afraid of new things. Also they are on my lawn.

• Options
    i prefer ventrilo too, but probably because i was so used to it

but yeah, thanks a lot ofthefountain!

You're very welcome.

One nice thing about this host is that they provide a public donation link so when time's up, and everyone decides to stay with mumble, I'll share that link.

In the mean time, just think of this as a chance for everyone to try out mumble.

• Options
    KroqueKroque Registered User regular
    pikaaaaa
    Im scared and confused :( why is vent not working? (and yes i am just asking because i cba to scroll through the rest of the pages :D )

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    kroque

cease your badness

check the previous page!

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    KroqueKroque Registered User regular
    eurgh , fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. xD

• Options
    new voice chat called mumble

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/latest/download

Mumble server:
    server: mbl7.gameservers.com
    port: 10047

Configure > Settings > Audio Input > Transmission > Transmit : Select "Push to talk"

Shortcuts: Add. Click Function > Unassigned : Select "Push-to-Talk". Click [blank space] under Shortcut : Press what key you want to be your push to talk key.

jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    JJJJ DailyStormer Registered User regular
    brave new world

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Madness I say. Madness.

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    JJ wrote:
    brave new world
    Brave new Jaef Jaef.

• Options
    ProbadProbad Registered User regular
    The mumble is nice. Thanks for setting it up.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Hum. So I 'registered' to save my username. It didn't ask me for a password prompt. Now when I try to connect, it asks for a password.

whut

Edit: Think I figured it out. It's asking for a password because the certificate I made does not match the one it auto-generated when I registered the username. I think. Maybe. But I can't use the auto-generated one because... it's not saved anywhere. Soooo. Apparently I need an admin to delete the 'Kay' account, at which point I can register and it should just work automagically again.

Kay on
    ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    So what's up with the fact that the Ventrilo server is up currently? Did it get reactivated? I'm sort of diggin' mumble at the moment...

Also, just to throw in another channel request, let's get a nice RTS games channel up in this mumble! It's only a matter of time until DoW3 and I need somewhere to bitch and hate! Heart of the Swarm maybe?
    It's a legitimate form of gaming! Totally has hot games coming... soon... probably...

• Options
    Kay wrote:
    Hum. So I 'registered' to save my username. It didn't ask me for a password prompt. Now when I try to connect, it asks for a password.

whut

Edit: Think I figured it out. It's asking for a password because the certificate I made does not match the one it auto-generated when I registered the username. I think. Maybe. But I can't use the auto-generated one because... it's not saved anywhere. Soooo. Apparently I need an admin to delete the 'Kay' account, at which point I can register and it should just work automagically again.

Ok I just removed that account, try again and let me know if it didn't work.

• Options
    So what's up with the fact that the Ventrilo server is up currently? Did it get reactivated? I'm sort of diggin' mumble at the moment...

Also, just to throw in another channel request, let's get a nice RTS games channel up in this mumble! It's only a matter of time until DoW3 and I need somewhere to bitch and hate! Heart of the Swarm maybe?
    It's a legitimate form of gaming! Totally has hot games coming... soon... probably...

I'll do that but I gotta take care of some work first. Or PikaPuff should have admin privilege now so he can probably do it before I can.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Kay wrote:

whut

Ok I just removed that account, try again and let me know if it didn't work.

Nope. Changed name, made sure I had the right certificate selected, registered. Disconnected. Reconnected. Requires a password.

Guess I just don't register! (Please delete again, if you can?)

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kay wrote:

Nope. Changed name, made sure I had the right certificate selected, registered. Disconnected. Reconnected. Requires a password.

Guess I just don't register! (Please delete again, if you can?)

Okie doke. Just deleted you again.

ofthefountain on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    the server is back again?

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Im confused, Mumble appears to be down (I get a "Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection." error) but Vent is up.

• Options
    PoultryGeistPoultryGeist The Ghostly Chicken Registered User regular
    So is someone paying for vent again already? Are we still using Mumble? Should I stop telling people to install and set up?

IcdplGM.png
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    i don't know what i did, but after rebooting now i can't log in, says server connection failed, closed by remote host

edit: nevermind i fixed it

TheKoolEagle on
    uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i don't know what i did, but after rebooting now i can't log in, says server connection failed, closed by remote host

edit: nevermind i fixed it

What did you do? Im getting this same error.

emp123 on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Dude, what? I guess maybe there is still someone there paying the bills. This is really weirding me out. Well feel free to keep using it until it dies. I guess it was just a fluke that it went offline.

• Options
    So are we giving up on the Great Mumble Experiment then?

• Options
    I cant connect to the Mumble server, I keep getting a "Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection." error.

• Options
    emp123 wrote:
    I cant connect to the Mumble server, I keep getting a "Server connection failed: The remote host closed the connection." error.

You were able to connect before right?

• Options
    emp123 wrote:

You were able to connect before right?

Yeah, username is TheClap08 (or maybe it was just TheClap).

• Options
    I don't know if you tried this yet: http://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=45604

• Options
    edited December 2011

Yep, that got it, thanks!

emp123 on
  • Options
    emp123 wrote:

Yep, that got it, thanks!

Really? Wow.... voodoo magic it is then.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2011