Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

PA Forums Ventrilo Server (there's also a Teamspeak Server)

1262728293032»

• PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    So I've been looking at the channel listings, and I'm thinking of going through and doing a purge since there's a LOT that are going un-used most of the time. What groups still actively use their channels?

Also, I'm kind of curious to how many unique peeps actually read this thread and use the server. So I threw together a poll. Click yes once.

Going back to the first point, I've been debating of doing some channels that are behind a non-public password wall, in case there's a group that truly doesn't want to be bothered by random spammers in case there isn't a admin on to deal with them. It'd be a password that'd only get handed out to people we know are forum regulars, and shouldn't be passed around to randos you may be playing with.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU!
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I took the poll. =P The only people I see regularly using vent nowadays are the HotS folks and a dozen-or-so regulars who seem to use it for whatever. We used it for MWO as well, but that game is pretty much dying and it doesn't seem like the PA folks can consistently get groups going.

a.k.a. Antaeus or Nubmonger

-A digital receiver in an analog world.
  • LustreLustre Registered User new member
    hi i took the poll and i made a donation because i realized i've been using this since i've been in high school and i'm actually a working professional now

• TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    I mostly just use one or 2 of the lobby channels, and am on at least every other day for a bit. We could definitely reduce the number of lobbies we have, I haven't seen them full for quite some time.

I can also help with passworded channels if someone sees me on and they want a bit more privacy as an admin.

• SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah I always look at them with the delete key longingly in hand. Definitely good to trim 'em down, just never sure what people use.

Me on Twitch!
    Dohaeris210 on PSN
    Me on Steam
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    once or twice I just deleted every channel and rebuilt from scratch.
    -Chat
    -Game Rooms
    --Game Room 1
    --Game Room 2
    --Game Room 3
    -Idle

Then let everything grow from there. Channel Names, more channels, whatever was needed.

jCyyTSo.png
  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat floof Registered User regular
    the poll options confused me so I just went with the safe vote and put pudding

which is mostly meant to say "I come here every once and a while when people tell me to (aka for HotS)."

steam_sig.png
    David_T wrote: »
    Rule 7 through 46 concerns the sale of cucumbers within the EU.
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime Designated Wizard Registered User regular
    Is the server info in the FirstPost current? I didn't see it time-stamped or dated.

BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN • MagicPrime | Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)

Ofnv4jq.gif
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Is the server info in the FirstPost current? I didn't see it time-stamped or dated.

At least for Vent, the info in the big bold letters (vent15) at the top is correct. My quote's a older version, I think it's still there due to the donation link being in it.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU!
    edited July 2016
    Yeah as far as I know the bolded stuff is current. Lemme know if anything needs changing or updating

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    At 10pm "Hoosier" came into the Moba channels and started screaming at everyone. We muted him and he moved on to the shooter channels, where he's currently harassing everyone as I type this.

15578888_10154983552515864_8035234994818937460_n.jpg?oh=82fcddb4f69ccdedac266f76270ddcf4&oe=58F8C157
    Didn't see this until now, did some log diving and slapped him with a ban in case he tries to come back.

A @ helps out a ton, since I might not notice that someone posted in the thread.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU!
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Didn't see this until now, did some log diving and slapped him with a ban in case he tries to come back.

A @ helps out a ton, since I might not notice that someone posted in the thread.

No worries, I'll remember that. Also, I took the poll and I agree with @Inquisitor77 that I spent about 99% of my time in the moba channels and that's really where I feel like the server's primary activity's located.

15578888_10154983552515864_8035234994818937460_n.jpg?oh=82fcddb4f69ccdedac266f76270ddcf4&oe=58F8C157
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I've been using the channels for MMO gaming (SWTOR and Wildstar).

Xbox Live - ObiFett (Destiny / Battleborn / Minecraft / Divinity / Division)
    PC Gaming - Borderlands 2 / Total Warhammer / Pillars of Eternity / Heroes of the Storm
    Wildstar- Novah Lionstar (Dominion) / Alema Ventress (Exile)
    SWTOR - Novah Lionstar (Shadowlands)
    Fun fact: obi never shits. He burns efficiently enough so as to produce minimal waste. All leftover matter is deposited in his venom sacs
  • SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm in there for HoTS only.

steam_sig.png
    edited August 2016
    9:50pm "Sea Mother" came into the Moba channels and started yelling / making loud groaning noises repeatedly. Muted him, then he came back as "Sea_Mother" and repeated the behavior. Then he came back as "Roger_Bacon" and did it again. Then he came back as "Koudelka" and did it again. Then he came back as "Halley" and did it again.

milk ducks on
    Looked at the logs, and hit him with a IP ban.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU!
    milk ducksSmrtnikElvenshaeFiatilMoridin889Elbasunufedaykin666sunnyside71KhraulEdith Upwards
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Had a guy come into Thoma's Hangout about 1:15central named "Duncan," "8Spring8Field8", "Sprngfld", and a few others and start acting like he was masturbating in the channel.

• DigitalSynDigitalSyn Dr Digital Cumming, GARegistered User regular
    I've taken down the PA TeamSpeak 3 server. With Vent and Discord these days it wasn't seeing much use. It's been a pleasure serving the PA community :)

Xbox360: D1G1T4LSYN ( Yes, those are numbers. )
    PSNID: DigitalX86
    Nintendo ID: digitalsyn
    3DS Friend Code: 5300 - 9726 - 6963
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/D1G1T4LSYN/
    übergeekPolaritiePikaPuffElvenshaedavidsdurionsHappylilElfInquisitor77Edith UpwardsRiusKoopahTroopah
  • übergeekübergeek Registered User regular
    DigitalSyn wrote: »
    I've taken down the PA TeamSpeak 3 server. With Vent and Discord these days it wasn't seeing much use. It's been a pleasure serving the PA community :)

Thanks for taking the time to help out the community.

camo_sig.png
    emp123WolveSightPolaritieTaranisAndy JoeElvenshaedavidsdurionsThe Escape GoatPhoenix-DMoridin889JeixBethrynHappylilElfIanatorInquisitor77JimboEdith UpwardsRiusKoopahTroopah
    I salute you. o>

Not sure how long Ventrilo will last with discord being the hip new thing

jCyyTSo.png
    DigitalSyn
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    I salute you. o>

We appreciate you too Pika.

camo_sig.png
    P10DigitalSynElvenshaeSniperGuyTaranisdavidsdurionsThe Escape GoatPhoenix-DPacificstarMoridin889JeixIanatorInquisitor77Rius
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    That said... what are the Discord details? :)

I'mnot sure if there is a PA discord

jCyyTSo.png
    I'mnot sure if there is a PA discord

There's no one official one yet, I'm part of 2 or 3 that are just different groups of PA guys. If we ever decided to retire Vent, we should be sure to make a main hub one for all of G&T sometime.

camo_sig.png
    lazegamer
    übergeek wrote: »
    I salute you. o>

We appreciate you too Pika.
    PMAvers has run vent for almost as long as I have now and is very appreciated.

jCyyTSo.png
    TheKoolEagleübergeekThe Escape GoatInquisitor77
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    I'd be down for posting of some of the Discord data if/when it happens.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -mostlyjoe
    Khraul
  • JJJJ Registered User regular
    Since the Vault 7 release from wikileaks, Mordrack has been missing from vent. Coincidence?

Mr. Banballow was so badly maimed, he turned into a hideous monster, oozing and bleeding, snarling and growling like a beast---enraged and bent on revenge. He tracked down the kids responsible for the fire and killed them one by one----with a blowtorch. That wasn't enough for Banballow. He won't leave his inn or his memories, so there he waits....in ambush....
    TheKoolEagleFiatil
  • SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    JJ wrote: »
    Since the Vault 7 release from wikileaks, Mordrack has been missing from vent. Coincidence?

Well @Mordrack was on steam 18 hours ago and I know we got that discord channel setup.

Or, he's a spy. He's probably a spy.

Me on Twitch!
    Dohaeris210 on PSN
    Me on Steam
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'd be down for posting of some of the Discord data if/when it happens.

There is, in fact a Discord, and there's no one in it!

https://discord.gg/DQCxuQr

This invite will not expire. Get in here, ye chatters.

steam_sig.png Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    We had a custom discord setup for Overwatch G&T, but someone had the bright idea to consolidate all PA into one PA discord. I.E. the "official one".

Could we get a new channel/room in the Penny Arcade Official Discord dedicated for Overwatch if possible? I'll make a post and update the OP for Overwatch in the G&T thread.

mctrbhK.gif
    Steam - Battle.net - Koopah089 - PSN - KoopahTroopah - Smash Bros WiiU
    edited April 17
    We had a custom discord setup for Overwatch G&T, but someone had the bright idea to consolidate all PA into one PA discord. I.E. the "official one".

Could we get a new channel/room in the Penny Arcade Official Discord dedicated for Overwatch if possible? I'll make a post and update the OP for Overwatch in the G&T thread.

Let's see what I can do.....

EDIT Made a single voice channel for now. We'll have to see how many people are going to use it to gauge how many we need to amke in the end.

übergeek on
    camo_sig.png
    KoopahTroopah