As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Test

JeffHJeffH Registered User regular
edited December 2022 in Help / Advice Forum

JeffH on

• Options
    JHunzJHunz Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It sounds to me like you may be pinching a nerve - do you have a comfortable chair? Do you sit on it in a strange way? You may just need to get up and walk around once in a while at work.
    If you never get them outside of work, it's probably something you're doing or not doing in that environment and not something serious to worry about.

JHunz on
    bunny.gif Gamertag: JHunz. R.I.P. Mygamercard.net bunny.gif
  • Options
    deke55555deke55555 regular
    edited October 2007
    I sometimes get those as well. Fixed them my flexing and stretching my legs every few minutes while I work.

PS: It's sad this isn't the sarcastic replies forum. "You've got The Aids" was the first place my brain went, and it went downhill from there. :|

deke55555 on
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    So long as there's no redness or bruising around the area, it does sound like an impinged nerve.
    If you notice any redness or bruising, please consider a trip to the doc - that's more a sign of deep vein thrombosis.

Mix in some groin stretches and quad stretches when you get home from work, it might help.
    Do you get any form of exercise daily?

zhen_rogue on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I got those too

I just get up and walk around for a couple minutes every so often and they go away just fine.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    JeffHJeffH Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

JeffH on
  • Options
    zhen_roguezhen_rogue Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    JeffH wrote: »
    zhen_rogue wrote: »
    So long as there's no redness or bruising around the area, it does sound like an impinged nerve.
    If you notice any redness or bruising, please consider a trip to the doc - that's more a sign of deep vein thrombosis.

Mix in some groin stretches and quad stretches when you get home from work, it might help.
    Do you get any form of exercise daily?

I exercise 5 days a week, and in good shape.

I can't frequently check as I'm at work, but last bathroom trip I noticed around the area I was getting the pain there was a red vein there noticeable for about an inch's length...looks like I'm scheduling a doctor's appointment, huh?

I would say yes - deep vein thrombosis (DVT) can be a significant health risk, but is very easily treated.
    Better safe than sorry, in my opinion.

zhen_rogue on