As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Schwarzenegger Appreciation Thread NSF56K OR GIRLY MEN

• Options
    necroSYSnecroSYS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2007
    Iskander wrote: »
    necroSYS wrote: »
    Not even close.

Commando 2 would have been better than Red Heat.

Look that is just a potential "would be" movie. Real actual movies though, Red Heat reigns supreme.

No, see. I'm just pointing out that even a potential movie was better than Red Heat.

Actual Arnold movies that are better than Red Heat?

Both Terminators

Conan the Barbarian

Red Sonja (Conan the Vanquished by Jerkass Lawyers)

Total Recall

Commando

The Running Man

Predator

True Lies

Kindergarten Cop

and, arguably, Eraser.

necroSYS on
  • Options
    CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What happened to Sully?

I let him go.

CyberJackal on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    222px-Rainier.jpg

That is some jpg, Fari. It makes you look like a homosexual.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Iskander wrote: »
    Not even close.

Commando 2 would have been better than Red Heat.

Look that is just a potential "would be" movie. Real actual movies though, Red Heat reigns supreme.

No, see. I'm just pointing out that even a potential movie was better than Red Heat.

Actual Arnold movies that are better than Red Heat?

Both Terminators

Conan the Barbarian

Red Sonja (Conan the Vanquished by Jerkass Lawyers)

Total Recall

Commando

The Running Man

Predator

True Lies

Kindergarten Cop

and, arguably, Eraser.

1031.jpg

Iskander on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The best thing about Arnold movies are the "getting ready to fuck shit up" montages. Commando had one, Terminator 1 and 2 had em, Conan had one and finally the best of them all, the Predator woodsman/thor/viking killgod montage.

Nothing is more awesome than Arnold standing atop the fucking jungle, half-naked covered in camo-mud holding a huge torch and just SCREAMING.

FOR BATTLE.

Nothing.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    i haven't really been following schwarzenegger's reign so i don't really have an opinion of his political career but i will say this

my governor can kick your governor's ass

I wish Arnold would kick Rick Perry's ass. That closet homosexual douchebag has been asking for it for 6 years.

I'm browsing his wiki article and yeah, this guy is a cunt. Unsafe mandatory vaccinations by executive order that are solely provided by a company he has connections to? Jeeeeeeeeeeesus.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    i haven't really been following schwarzenegger's reign so i don't really have an opinion of his political career but i will say this

my governor can kick your governor's ass

I wish Arnold would kick Rick Perry's ass. That closet homosexual douchebag has been asking for it for 6 years.

I'm browsing his wiki article and yeah, this guy is a cunt. Unsafe mandatory vaccinations by executive order that are solely provided by a company he has connections to? Jeeeeeeeeeeesus.

Yeah, that's the latest of his fiascos. Guy's a douche.

necroSYS on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    "We are not properly pumped up!"

http://thetravisty.com/Saturday_Night_Live/wmv/Hans_and_Franz_featuring_Arnold_Schwarzenegger.htm

It's amazing how he can keep a straight face through all this.

Iskander on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    altmann wrote: »
    The best thing about Arnold movies are the "getting ready to fuck shit up" montages. Commando had one, Terminator 1 and 2 had em, Conan had one and finally the best of them all, the Predator woodsman/thor/viking killgod montage.

Nothing is more awesome than Arnold standing atop the fucking jungle, half-naked covered in camo-mud holding a huge torch and just SCREAMING.

FOR BATTLE.

Nothing.
    When you say it like that,

I am inclined to agree.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

FOR BATTLE.

Nothing.

Movies these days dont have enough 'getting ready tofuck shit up' montages.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    What are you talking about?

Every goddamn action movie ever has one of those.

That was one of the jokes in Hot Fuzz.

And Shaun of the Dead, now that I think about it.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

FOR BATTLE.

Nothing.

Don't forget he also makes a fucking bow during this too.

Most BadAss montage ever...

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007

I didnt say they didnt have any montages, I said they didnt have enough. There should be at least 3 in an action movie. the one at the start, the one in act two and the climactic lone wolf preparatory scene.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Ugh.

Perry's only connection to them is his former chief of staff who lobbies for them. I know the guy and I feel pretty sure that there was no influence and there's no reason to believe that there was an influence other than the fact that he used to work for Perry.

I've seen no good information about the drug being unsafe, and making it mandatory would have come along with an incredibly easy way to opt-out. You go to the school, and sign a little card saying "I don't want my daughter to have this." Meanwhile, officially putting it on the mandatory list gives us access to millions in federal funds to pay for the vaccines.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Arnold-747438.bmpArnold-747438.bmp

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    06_arnold_60973.jpg06_arnold_60973.jpg06_arnold_60973.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2007
    Hey. Quit it.

cosgrove.gif

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    quitting is my middle name

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zzulu wrote: »

Your parents were hippies weren't they?

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Zzulu wrote: »

Your parents were hippies weren't they?

Girly men.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Septus wrote: »

Ugh.

Perry's only connection to them is his former chief of staff who lobbies for them. I know the guy and I feel pretty sure that there was no influence and there's no reason to believe that there was an influence other than the fact that he used to work for Perry.

I've seen no good information about the drug being unsafe, and making it mandatory would have come along with an incredibly easy way to opt-out. You go to the school, and sign a little card saying "I don't want my daughter to have this." Meanwhile, officially putting it on the mandatory list gives us access to millions in federal funds to pay for the vaccines.

Oh, look! A Perry apologist! What about the fast-tracking and preferential treatment for new coal-fired power plants in Texas courtesy of Mr. Adios Mofo? His penchant for executing retards? The forced redistricting gerrymandering bullshit? (my personal favorite) The douchebag wouldn't even be in office if Kinky Friedman hadn't split votes away from Chris Bell.

necroSYS on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Why the fuck are you talking about some governor that IS NOT ARNOLD.

Arnold. Not a man...

039_2477~Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Posters.jpg

A Shiny Golden GOD!

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh, look! A Perry apologist! What about the fast-tracking and preferential treatment for new coal-fired power plants in Texas courtesy of Mr. Adios Mofo? His penchant for executing retards? The forced redistricting gerrymandering bullshit? (my personal favorite) The douchebag wouldn't even be in office if Kinky Friedman hadn't split votes away from Chris Bell.

Man, I strongly dislike Perry, but rag on him for the right reasons, not false or incomplete stories. Like, for instance, you blaming gerrymandering on him.

Rag on him for holding bill signings in Churches or for the severe community college health benefits veto, or not halting executions in light of the cruel and unusual punishment issue, or pretty much any hardcore right social issue that he fervently pushes.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Why the fuck are you talking about some governor that IS NOT ARNOLD.

Arnold. Not a man...

goldarnold.jpg

A Shiny Golden GOD!

i fixed it for you.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Get this politics shit out of my thread you whiny twats.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    My dad took me to see Terminator 2 when it was originally released, I was 6.

My mother was like, "are you sure you want to take him to this? It looks so violent!" and my dad replied with something like, "are you kidding me? This movie is going to be amazing"

It's true. One of my earliest memories.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The first movie I vividly remember seeing in theaters was Jurassic Park.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    FishMistFishMist Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Why you young whippersnapper

FishMist on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    The_Scarab wrote: »

I didnt say they didnt have any montages, I said they didnt have enough. There should be at least 3 in an action movie. the one at the start, the one in act two and the climactic lone wolf preparatory scene.
    Or a movie that is just arming up.

I'd see that.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    FishMist wrote: »

Why you young whippersnapper

I barely remember my childhood, really.

I was about 9 then. 23 now.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007

When that came out I saw it like 6 times in theaters.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I still remember seeing Unforgiven in the theater with my dad.

I was five.

This is why I'm confused when I meet people that couldn't watch PG13 movies until they were thirteen.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yeah same here.

One time me and a friend were trying to get tickets to an R movie, we were around 14, and they wouldn't sell them to us so this french dude behind us was said, "hey hey, sell them the tickets these are my sons!" and he fucking charmed the girl into selling us tickets while he proceeded to buy tickets to a completely different movie with what must have been his hot date who was half his age.

I think at least 80% of the movies I saw in theaters before I was 18 were R.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    first one i remember seeing in theatres, tmnt 1990, i was 6.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

I'd see that.

That would be fucking glorious.

Like the whole movie, locking and loading shotguns, packing ammo belts and clips into their vests, tying up their boots, slotting half a dozen rifles into loading bays on the side of a jeep. Click clack. Seven boxes of shotgun shells slam in the back of the truck. Water. Food. Supplies, medical kits. Spare tyres. Pistols get loaded, slid into holsters on hip, chest, lower leg. racks of grenades on belts get thrown into the side seat, along with cases of ammunition and a box of knives. chain gun ammo belts get bungled into a steel drum along with several packs of c4 and some detonators from die hard. the hero puts on some shades, ties up a bandana, slices three cuts on his forearm with a machete then slides that into a pouch on his back. Picks up his m4, loads a clip, puts that around his shoulder on a belt. Picks up two shotguns, cocks both simulaneously, lights a cigar then says 'Lets do this!'

Credits roll.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    Yeah same here.

One time me and a friend were trying to get tickets to an R movie, we were around 14, and they wouldn't sell them to us so this french dude behind us was said, "hey hey, sell them the tickets these are my sons!" and he fucking charmed the girl into selling us tickets while he proceeded to buy tickets to a completely different movie with what must have been his hot date who was half his age.

what does this say about french people?

they are fucking rad

Ol' Sparky on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I still remember seeing Unforgiven in the theater with my dad.

I was five.

This is why I'm confused when I meet people that couldn't watch PG13 movies until they were thirteen.

that's because those kids are raised by girls.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Ol' Sparky wrote: »
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    Yeah same here.

what does this say about french people?

they are fucking rad

Pretty much, yeah.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007

I'd see that.

Like the whole movie, locking and loading shotguns, packing ammo belts and clips into their vests, tying up their boots, slotting half a dozen rifles into loading bays on the side of a jeep. Click clack. Seven boxes of shotgun shells slam in the back of the truck. Water. Food. Supplies, medical kits. Spare tyres. Pistols get loaded, slid into holsters on hip, chest, lower leg. racks of grenades on belts get thrown into the side seat, along with cases of ammunition and a box of knives. chain gun ammo belts get bungled into a steel drum along with several packs of c4 and some detonators from die hard. the hero puts on some shades, ties up a bandana, slices three cuts on his forearm with a machete then slides that into a pouch on his back. Picks up his m4, loads a clip, puts that around his shoulder on a belt. Picks up two shotguns, cocks both simulaneously, lights a cigar then says 'Lets do this!'

Credits roll.

Credits do not roll. That would only be like a half hour, tops.

'Let's do this!'

Cut to driving a tank covered in bitches back to base, which is destroyed as the tank crests a hill a few hundred yards away.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Then basically repeat the 1st scene, but with darker music, and a kung-fu training montage in the middle of it.
    Edit: This time, it's personal.

True Lies was good.

'And how are you going to do that?'

'You know my cuffs?'
    I picked them.
    Silly bitch, you don't doubt Arnold. Especially when shot full of sodium pentathol.

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Credits roll.

Someone needs to make that movie. It could totally be done with clips from all of Arnold's movies.

Am I the only person who grew up as a kid thinking every gun shop had a "secret back area" with like, 4 barreled rocket launchers, crates of grenades and guns in racks everywhere?

I still do...

altmann on

signature.png