As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh Shit! Elite 4 = Spacegasms?

Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed UnicornIf ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
Elite 4 Interview with Braben

"UK, October 25, 2007 - Talking at Nottingham's Game City event earlier today, Frontier Development's David Braben dropped a handful of tantalising new hints about his latest project, The Outsider. What's more, the co-creator of seminal space-trading sim, Elite, also confirmed that Elite IV is pencilled in for release on current generation gaming hardware, following its announcement in, er, 2001."

I saw this endless times on the "Games that need Sequels" thread. Spacegasms anyone?

Waka Laka on

• Options
    HtR-LaserHtR-Laser Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I saw the thread title and immediately thought

elitefour1.jpg

HtR-Laser on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I thought about Pokemon.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'll believe it when I see it.

Also,
    HtR-Laser wrote: »
    I saw the thread title and immediately thought

elitefour1.jpg
    I'm quoting your shame, because this fails on multiple levels.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I had honestly pegged this as vapourware since Braben's been so damn silent about it. Does this mean that the other game he was working on is almost finished?

Silpheed on
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Silpheed wrote: »
    I had honestly pegged this as vapourware since Braben's been so damn silent about it. Does this mean that the other game he was working on is almost finished?

I think it means the End Times are upon us! Repent ye sinners! Ours is deserved damnation!

*ahem*

Well at any rate a new Elite game is just to awesome to think about. I too shall believe it when I see it.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This game MUST come in a huge box complete with manual and a giant map.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    Lave IILave II Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Lave posting in appropriate thread.

That quote is very, very, very exciting. This 'gen' means Elite 4 for consoles? Fucking yes.

As that means the 360 (I would expect) then I will buy one. Hell I'll buy anything that Elite 4 comes out on. Even a fucking Windows machine if I have too.

Wooohoooo! It's still vapourware - but WooohoooO!

Lave II on
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hmm, I'll believe it when I see it and hold it in my hands. Braben has talked about this for years with little to show for it.

Roshin on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wasn't Elite 4 supposed to feature on foot sections of the game, complete with FPS? If so I wish Braben all the luck he can get. I'd love to be able to run around outside my ship but that many features can easily cause a game to be delayed indefinetly.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hey, I remember when this was announced.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Theres always Mass Effect I suppose.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Lave II wrote: »
    Lave posting in appropriate thread.

That quote is very, very, very exciting. This 'gen' means Elite 4 for consoles? Fucking yes.

As that means the 360 (I would expect) then I will buy one. Hell I'll buy anything that Elite 4 comes out on. Even a fucking Windows machine if I have too.

Wooohoooo! It's still vapourware - but WooohoooO!

Actually, i'm sure i read a comment from Braben saying he preferred the potential of the PS3, but don't quote me on that.
    Either way though, i'm one of the ones that saw the title and knew straight away what this would be about. I will follow Elite 4 wherever it goes.
    Hell, i should start hassling Frontier for a job.

edit: Grinch, that would be beautiful. Actually, and i've been thinking about it lately, one of the things i loved about Elite 2 was the story book that came with it. The characters and events in it had absolutely no bearing on what you did in the game itself, but i really appreciated how it gave you the impression that this was a universe taking place around you, with things happening that weren't just about you.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png