As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How do you store your games? Pix Plz!

maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what?New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
Okay, I've got about 70 Dreamcast games, 40 DS games, 30 GBA Games, 20 NES games, 15 SNES games, and a soon to be growing collection of Wii games.

But fuck if I don't have good method of storing/displaying these guys.

dspspck3.jpg

The next DS game I buy won't fit in my drawer. Help.

FU7kFbw.png
Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
maximumzero on

• DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    There's really nothing more you can do besides get more drawers/shelves or start discarding cases. I'd opt for the former.

Dehumanized on
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    You can find these pretty cheap racks at Wal-Mart that let you choose the height of each shelf. Like $20.

But first things first. You need to get Portrait of Ruin.

UnbreakableVow on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I use a five drawer dresser for a good half of my collection.
    7.jpg
    6.jpg

Also, give me your Lumines II.

Or at very least, feedback on it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I also guess I should sell some stuff. Jump Superstars never quite clicked with me, Squeak Squad was good but too easy, I can't remember the last time I touched Nintendogs...

But then there are games that I don't play that I'm keeping for collective value, such as Mr. Driller and Touch Detective.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • bruinbruin Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Gamecube, Xbox, 360, and Wii games by console then alphabetized on a shelf

DS and GBA games in these

7695078_sb.jpg7267557_rb.jpg

bruin on
    edited October 2007
    bruin wrote: »
    Gamecube, Xbox, 360, and Wii games by console then alphabetized on a shelf

DS and GBA games in these

7695078_sb.jpg7267557_rb.jpg

I also have all my GBA boxes in a little tupperware container; ends pulled out, flattened. I have the games themselves in an Apple Airport Card Box that they all seemed to fit into pretty well.

I'd like to get around to converting some DS games to GBA cases but that's so much money to put into...

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I accidentally brought one CD with me by leaving it in the DVD drive. Mainly, I use this:
    steamvl3.jpg

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited October 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    I accidentally brought one CD with me by leaving it in the DVD drive. Mainly, I use this:
    steamvl3.jpg

Holy shit they offer PSP, DS, Wii, Gamecube, NES, SNES and N64 games on Steam now!?

Please go away.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I just have a little table for my DS/Wii games. D:
    Though I don't own many games so yeah. .__.

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    There's a few things in this that aren't showing. About a 40 foot long banner for XBox 360 and for the PS3 that was hung outside our walmart here on the releases, a few more of the signs, such as the sony one there, and some more novelty sized game boxes. But as for where I store my games, it's in that fairly large case I gots there. Yea..

200709221934zu2.jpg

Topia on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    steamvl3.jpg

Holy shit they offer PSP, DS, Wii, Gamecube, NES, SNES and N64 games on Steam now!?

Please go away.

I honestly thought it was a question about games in general. Sorry. Next time I will read more thoroughly.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I have a bookshelf that is for the majority of my games, movies, and books. You can fit a lot of cases in a large enough bookshelf.

I'll try and get a picture up, but I loaned my camera to my roomate and I'm not entirely confident she didn't leave it at her mom's house.

Einhander on
  • rorshockrorshock Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    Book shelf for game boxes, Genesis, NES, Game Boy and multi-disc PS1 games. A CD holder hanging on the wall for PS1 games. DVD shelf for DVD case games/movies, and the SNES carts get stacked on top of the entertainment center because there's nowhere else for them.

Pics:
    shelf1.jpg

shelf2.jpg

shelf3.jpg

shelf4.jpg

rorshock on
    rorshock.gif
  • FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    myRoom.jpg

FreddyD on
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    FreddyD wrote: »
    myRoom.jpg

Wh... what the hell :O Is that a fake wall or are they stuck on? Looks pretty wicked man.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Freddy, I demand an explanation of that awesome!

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm both saddened by and immensely proud of myself for being able to recognize the majority of those jewel cases, even though the picture is very blurry.

Einhander on
  • eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Let me just ask... what do your girlfriends think of this? :)

eobet on
    Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    FreddyD wrote: »
    myRoom.jpg

That's ridiculous in a totally envious way.

Sheep on
  • LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I store my games alphabetical

LewieP on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    ive got a little 3 shelf bookshelf for my games.

Ah_Pook on
  • suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Right now they are stacked up next to my consoles. Really shitty design. What sucks is that I can't put a book shelf in my living room because my daughter thinks its cool to open the cases and play with the discs. I was looking for a shelf designed to hold DVD's (I don't want to use book ends because I am afraid they may fall, I know, stupid).

But honest to god, they don't exist. And if you can find them, they cost $70+.

DS game's I have in a little container like the GBA one's. Makes carrying my games so much easier.

suadeo on
    Valseki.png
    My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
  • ThrustinJThrustinJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I use an old laptop harddrive case. I have 17 games and a couple of different styli. I don't know why.
    1775742412_82320873a4.jpg?v=0

ThrustinJ on
    edited October 2007
    ThrustinJ wrote: »
    I use an old laptop harddrive case. I have 17 games and a couple of different styli. I don't know why.
    1775742412_82320873a4.jpg?v=0

nice

Ah_Pook on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    LewieP wrote: »

Me too, only I didn't mix up UK and US DS boxes as the spines are too different and if you do it just looks untidy.

Cheap, adjustable shelves are your best bet if you don't want to spend a fortune. It doesn't really matter if the wood is a little flimsy as games are light. I have a set of shelves with one shelf that's the perfect height for DS games. It looks the neatest, at least.
    random_02.jpg

Yes - I'm aware that Brain Age should come after Big Brain Academy, alphabetically speaking :P Nor is that top shelf alphabetical (organising by size/weight/stuff I am most likely to use) but the rest of my belongings are.

I don't have many PC games but there's a handy little shelf that fits them all in the study:

study.jpg

Really, I just like to go for more shelves. You can never have too many.

Janson on
  • RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    LewieP wrote: »
    Man. There's no other way to do it.

Also, I'll post some pics tonight.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
    edited October 2007
    If anyone wants to post up pictures, I have a group on Flickr called "Video Game Rooms". The link is in my sig. Right now I'm the only one in it.

I store my games and consoles in an IKEA PS cabinet and a lame, cheapo cd rack that I put DS cases and Atari games in. It's all in my Flickr group.

ThrustinJ on
    edited October 2007
    thrustin i really like that donkey kong poster. where did you get it?

Ah_Pook on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    steamsteamlol.jpg

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    mule_2.jpg

It's best this way in my nomad lifestyle as I travel from one game store to the next.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have almost no organisation in my games. I have my DS and PC games on shelves along with a bunch of other stuff. I have my GBC and GBA games in a drawer and my Wii games in a box close to my Wii. It doesn't really matter because I don't have that many games and have no trouble finding them.
    I like that DS game cases can also hold GBA games and therefore I'm having DS games and GBA games in the same cases. I just don't have enough DS games to put all my GBA games in cases.

Peewi on
    edited October 2007
    I got that poster at Hot Topic. I haven't seen it there in a long time though. Because I don't shop there on any regular basis.

ThrustinJ on
  • PingPongPingPong Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    i'm in a basement that isn;t fully furnished so anyhting with shelves that require nailing into a wall isn't an option (ie, i have no wall, i have exposed, pink insulator). anyone got any ideas on wtf i should do? I want to put up shelves damnit

PingPong on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I tried to store my games alphabetically but my brother always fucks up the order. So, by console will have to do for now.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fuck alphabetical. I used to store my Gamecube games on the shelf in spine colour order such that they formed a rainbow!

Thank Christ they are now out of sight. I'm sure that can't have reflected well on me when people saw it...

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Maxtor_MaxLine_III_250GB_IDE133.jpeg

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fuck alphabetical. I used to store my Gamecube games on the shelf in spine colour order such that they formed a rainbow!

Thank Christ they are now out of sight. I'm sure that can't have reflected well on me when people saw it...
    Man, so what. You don't have to be gay to enjoy rainbows.

Also, gays. Fuck you, you greedy sons of bitches. Let everyone enjoy the damn rainbow.

Gorilla Salad on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    There was a nifty Foxtrot comic where the kid Jason was trying to figure out how to best organize his PC game collection. He said he had strong urges to find a game right away and not knowing where the game was pained him. Peter, the older brother, pointed out Jason only owns four games and Jason replies these urges are incrediblystrong.

:zzz:

emnmnme on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2007

Man, so what. You don't have to be gay to enjoy rainbows.

Also, gays. Fuck you, you greedy sons of bitches. Let everyone enjoy the damn rainbow.

I didn't mean the rainbow so much as the OCD that arranging them like that implied.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited October 2007
    KungFu wrote: »
    Maxtor_MaxLine_III_250GB_IDE133.jpeg

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?

Did you not read the opening post?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png