As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

360 Ring of Death, NOT repaired.

ReverendToastReverendToast Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
3 days (yes ONLY 3 days) after Halo was released I got what has plagued xbox360 consoles around the world... the three flashing red lights. I immediately called Microsoft and set up the repair order. A few days later I got the repair box in the mail, packed the system up and sent it on its merry way. Exactly 3 weeks after I mailed it in, I got it returned to me. Since Eye of Judgement and Zach and Wiki have been distracting me from pretty much everything, I didn't touch the console till yesterday. Well, it wasn't fixed. First of all, it was a completely different console (had a different serial number), and secondly it would reset itself every 10 minutes.

I was pretty annoyed by all this, so once again I called Microsoft and set up another repair order. Not wanting to wait another month to play some Halo, I asked what my options were. I was transfered to a supervisor (Bradley) who gave me a whole lot of attitude. First of all, he said that my Xbox was out of warrenty. Which is true, the 3 year warrenty is only for the three flashing red lights, which my system wasn't displaying... it wasn't displaying anything... not even opening the disc tray. And then he started preaching me what the actual warrenty said, and even went to say that "Microsoft does not like customers who don't read their warrenty information," and "His supervisor doesn't like to talk on the phone." I ended that conversation and got ahold of another supervisor. Once again, nothing can be done about the 3 week waiting period, and as an appology (for the fact that they wasted 3 weeks sending me a broken xbox to replace my broken xbox, and that Bradley is a bloody idiot with a severe lack of communication skills) they are sending me a FREE Xbox Live Vision Camera!!! Oh, Joy... it is going to go great with my working console... if I ever have one again.

The funny thing about this whole ordeal is: Microsoft made a faulty system. There is no reason a console has a physical lifespan of only 1.5 years, I still have a working Super NES. But they are doing NOTHING to remedy the situation for people who have invested lots of money in this new system. Yes they extended the warrenty (for the red lights) by 3 years... but they aren't even doing a good job repairing the ones that the warrenty covers. I know the only thing that is going to come of this is that I am going to be far less inclined to purchase whatever system they release after this.

Well at least I got a Vision Camera.

-The Good Reverend Toast

XboxLive Reverend Toast (Don't forget the Space); PSN ReverendToast (No space here)
ReverendToast on

• KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    My AV cable died. I don't really want to spend 45 dollars for a new composite, and I don't have the reciept. :/

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    3 days (yes ONLY 3 days) after Halo was released I got what has plagued xbox360 consoles around the world... the three flashing red lights. I immediately called Microsoft and set up the repair order. A few days later I got the repair box in the mail, packed the system up and sent it on its merry way. Exactly 3 weeks after I mailed it in, I got it returned to me. Since Eye of Judgement and Zach and Wiki have been distracting me from pretty much everything, I didn't touch the console till yesterday. Well, it wasn't fixed. First of all, it was a completely different console (had a different serial number), and secondly it would reset itself every 10 minutes.

I was pretty annoyed by all this, so once again I called Microsoft and set up another repair order. Not wanting to wait another month to play some Halo, I asked what my options were. I was transfered to a supervisor (Bradley) who gave me a whole lot of attitude. First of all, he said that my Xbox was out of warrenty. Which is true, the 3 year warrenty is only for the three flashing red lights, which my system wasn't displaying... it wasn't displaying anything... not even opening the disc tray. And then he started preaching me what the actual warrenty said, and even went to say that "Microsoft does not like customers who don't read their warrenty information," and "His supervisor doesn't like to talk on the phone." I ended that conversation and got ahold of another supervisor. Once again, nothing can be done about the 3 week waiting period, and as an appology (for the fact that they wasted 3 weeks sending me a broken xbox to replace my broken xbox, and that Bradley is a bloody idiot with a severe lack of communication skills) they are sending me a FREE Xbox Live Vision Camera!!! Oh, Joy... it is going to go great with my working console... if I ever have one again.

The funny thing about this whole ordeal is: Microsoft made a faulty system. There is no reason a console has a physical lifespan of only 1.5 years, I still have a working Super NES. But they are doing NOTHING to remedy the situation for people who have invested lots of money in this new system. Yes they extended the warrenty (for the red lights) by 3 years... but they aren't even doing a good job repairing the ones that the warrenty covers. I know the only thing that is going to come of this is that I am going to be far less inclined to purchase whatever system they release after this.

Well at least I got a Vision Camera.

I'm pretty sure there is another topic where this is discussed

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Honestly, I have to say you just had some bad luck.
    Yeah, it sucks hardcore that the 360's even red ring in the first place, but once my dad's did, we got a new one back that worked fine (And a free memory card for bitching about lost game saves). It's been 6 months now and the 360 is fine.
    It is terrible the 360's do this so often, but your experience is probably more rare than most people's.

Local H Jay on