As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Australia] RRoD.. what do I do?

squirlysquirly Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
NNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!1!!!1!!111oneoenshiftone

Okay, so I seemed invincible and had the occasional scare but it seems like it's the universe decided to hate me.

I purchased it from Harvey Norman like a month or so after it launched so I've had it for about a year and a half. So, for the Aussies what do you recommend me doing? I can take it to Harvey Norman and they said it usually takes 1 to 3 weeks (I can't last that long, damn it) or can I go directly to Microsoft or something?

Should I use the Console Repair thing on this page (Lower right hand side)? I'd love to be able to check what the status is.
I really don't want to be without it for that long, damn it. I'm right near the end of BioShock too and had begun organising our first big XB360LAN for this weekend, sighsighsigh.

Aside from the length of time I would be lacking my 360, what happens with the HDDs? Do I have to send it off cause I really, really don't want to lose my savegames, downloaded stuff, etc. I really don't want to.

Oh, and I hear stories of people getting new 360s, like with the new motherboards and that.. but the main thing I want is HDMI - are the HDMI enabled Premium Xbox360s in Australia and what are the chances I'll get one?

:(:(:(:(:(

Diablo2 [US West; Ladder]: *DorianGraph [New/Main] *outsidewhale [Old]
squirly on

• Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2007
    Isn't it covered under the new warranty extension they announced in July?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yeah, I'd be covered by the 3 year warranty which is specific for the 3 red flashing lights. In the open letter from Peter Moore they say the repair is free with free shipping.. but it still might be better or probably the same if I go through the store I got it from, hmm.

Would this take longer? And what happens with the HDD?

squirly on
  • Options
    switzky21switzky21 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    You keep the HDD.

Look, just call up the tech support number, they'll set you up, and it won't take more than a week. It's honestly the best thing to do.

switzky21 on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Okay switzky21, I've just been slightly freaking out. D: I'll call 'em up tomorrow since it's too late now. Thanks mate.

Oh, but would anyone have any insight on my other question since the others have been answered, any idea on HDMI consoles in Aus aside from the Elite?

squirly on
  • Options
    switzky21switzky21 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    I believe that all the new consoles have HDMI, but unless you can stick your dick into the fucking thing and wiggle it around a little, you're probably not getting a new console.

switzky21 on