Options

Everyone hates the Wii now. Pack it up, it's over.

1246762

Posts

  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Skull Man wrote: »
    should I buy or rent the Wii Metroid game

    don't buy a game you won't play again for months after you beat

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    should I buy or rent the Wii Metroid game

    don't buy a game you won't play again for months after you beat

    Haha, oh wow.

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    should I buy or rent the Wii Metroid game

    don't buy a game you won't play again for months after you beat

    Haha, oh wow.

    i don't know how long or what extra things in MP3 there are i'm just saying.

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    should I buy or rent the Wii Metroid game

    don't buy a game you won't play again for months after you beat

    Haha, oh wow.

    i don't know how long or what extra things in MP3 there are i'm just saying.

    After beating Prime 3 I immediately started another game on higher difficulty, so

    Green on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Green wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    should I buy or rent the Wii Metroid game

    don't buy a game you won't play again for months after you beat

    Haha, oh wow.

    i don't know how long or what extra things in MP3 there are i'm just saying.

    After beating Prime 3 I immediately started another game on higher difficulty, so

    after you beat it on that difficulty have you played it since

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    should I buy or rent the Wii Metroid game

    don't buy a game you won't play again for months after you beat

    Haha, oh wow.

    i don't know how long or what extra things in MP3 there are i'm just saying.
    Well no, I just thought you were saying MP3 is a game unworthy of replay. I wouldn't know, as I've yet to beat it.

    I think I buy games just so I can take my time with them. I think I've been playing FFXII on and off for about 7 months now.

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Green wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    should I buy or rent the Wii Metroid game

    don't buy a game you won't play again for months after you beat

    Haha, oh wow.

    i don't know how long or what extra things in MP3 there are i'm just saying.

    After beating Prime 3 I immediately started another game on higher difficulty, so

    after you beat it on that difficulty have you played it since

    I did indeed, started on the highest difficulty

    But now I am taking a break though

    Green on
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Skull Man wrote: »
    should I buy or rent the Wii Metroid game

    don't buy a game you won't play again for months after you beat

    Haha, oh wow.

    i don't know how long or what extra things in MP3 there are i'm just saying.
    Well no, I just thought you were saying MP3 is a game unworthy of replay. I wouldn't know, as I've yet to beat it.

    I think I buy games just so I can take my time with them. I think I've been playing FFXII on and off for about 7 months now.

    that game is boring though

    Skull Man on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    It's not so boring in 20 minute stints a week.

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh also, Zack & Wiki is fuck win.

    Except for the Bell Lich

    Fuck you bell lich. Fuck you in your stupid ass.

    Has anyone else here even picked up the game besides me, and sort of Keith?

    edit: Bone Lich, his name is Bone Lich. But I get confused because his purpose is faggy bell minigames.

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    so should I get Zack and Wiki or Metroid

    Skull Man on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    zephyr if you only buy games with infinite re-playability what the hell do you buy

    Nuzak on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    sims?!

    admit it

    Nuzak on
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Z&W is 40$, and will probably be pretty rare to find soon. Kind of like how the original Phoenix wright was.

    MP3 will probably go to sub 40$ sometime in the near future(haha who even knows nintendo either drops their shit to 20$ or leaves it at 50$ for 20 years) and will always be easy to find.

    So it's up to you. Both are excellent. MP3 has more single player replay value. But having people over to play Zack and Wiki is awesome, and watching someone struggle to go through a puzzle you did is somehow very satisfying.

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nuzak wrote: »
    zephyr if you only buy games with infinite re-playability what the hell do you buy

    Tetris

    Over and over again

    Green on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nuzak wrote: »
    zephyr if you only buy games with infinite re-playability what the hell do you buy

    games with online multiplayer
    games with sandbox enviroments (GTA, Jak 2 and 3 ect.)
    RPGs
    budget titles that don't have infinite re-playability
    burnout games
    fighting games

    and yeah i like the sims

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Koshian wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Nuzak wrote: »
    zephyr if you only buy games with infinite re-playability what the hell do you buy

    games with online multiplayer
    games with sandbox enviroments (GTA, Jak 2 and 3 ect.)
    RPGs
    budget titles that don't have infinite re-playability

    and yeah i like the sims

    Jak 2 got boring pretty quickly after you beat the game

    true

    but Jak 3 didn't

    especially with the unlocked stuff

    fucking never lose dark or white eco fuck yeah

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Nuzak wrote: »
    zephyr if you only buy games with infinite re-playability what the hell do you buy

    games with online multiplayer
    games with sandbox enviroments (GTA, Jak 2 and 3 ect.)
    RPGs
    budget titles that don't have infinite re-playability
    burnout games
    fighting games

    and yeah i like the sims

    well then you are missing out on lots

    Nuzak on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Nuzak wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Nuzak wrote: »
    zephyr if you only buy games with infinite re-playability what the hell do you buy

    games with online multiplayer
    games with sandbox enviroments (GTA, Jak 2 and 3 ect.)
    RPGs
    budget titles that don't have infinite re-playability
    burnout games
    fighting games

    and yeah i like the sims

    well then you are missing out on lots

    not really

    rent rent rent

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Nuzak wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    Nuzak wrote: »
    zephyr if you only buy games with infinite re-playability what the hell do you buy

    games with online multiplayer
    games with sandbox enviroments (GTA, Jak 2 and 3 ect.)
    RPGs
    budget titles that don't have infinite re-playability
    burnout games
    fighting games

    and yeah i like the sims

    well then you are missing out on lots

    not really

    rent rent rent

    9 year olds m i rite guyz

    Nuzak on
  • Options
    Randall_FlaggRandall_Flagg Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    you are right nuzak

    Randall_Flagg on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    what i do

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I was into renting games when I was in school too.

    I can't be assed now, not even with stuff like gamefly.

    No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    i just don't see the point in spending 60$ on a game i won't play for months after i beat

    i actually regret buying god of war 2

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    what i do

    you got born in 2002

    Nuzak on
  • Options
    Octopus MelodyOctopus Melody Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh also, Zack & Wiki is fuck win.

    Except for the Bell Lich

    Fuck you bell lich. Fuck you in your stupid ass.

    Has anyone else here even picked up the game besides me, and sort of Keith?

    edit: Bone Lich, his name is Bone Lich. But I get confused because his purpose is faggy bell minigames.

    I picked up Zack & Wiki yesterday. It is pretty great, but I agree about the bone lich stuff, I haven't been able to beat one yet. All-in-all it's an ace game, though.

    Octopus Melody on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2007
    Here is what happened when I went to Walmart to pick up GHIII

    "Hey can you guys grab me Guitar Hero 3?"
    "oh sorry we're all sold out we only got 5 in"
    "Well uhh what are those right there then"
    "Uhhhhh"

    Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Best Buy was sold out, and I don't feel like chasing a copy all over town. I just ordered that shit on Amazon.

    CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    Why are 20% of the posts in here about me?

    So TFS, if you don't like the term "gamer," what term would you prefer? "Game enthusiast?" "Game player?"

    We have terms like "painter" and "filmmaker" and "writer," but those terms all refer to the artists, not the audience. "Developer" is the equivalent there. What do we call someone who likes movies? "Film buff" or "film enthusiast" I guess? I don't know, I think I'd like a one-word method to describe "someone who appreciates/enjoys X form of art." We obviously have the term "gamer" for games, but not for really anything else. Maybe "audiophile" for music, but that's not exactly the same thing.

    It's not the term "gamer". I mean, people who play games are gamers

    It's people that think it's a lifestyle, or it's something to identify yourself as.

    OK so if we're talking about shit like people who really identify with "game fuel" or whatever dumbass "WOOO HARDCORE" video-game bullshit marketing is out there, then yeah. I do agree with that. That's fucking stupid. I would still like there to be a one-word identifier, though, for people who enjoy a given artistic medium. Preferably one that doesn't evoke "demographic" images like the white kids in Harold & Kumar.
    I got the impression that this was the sort of thing that TFS was talking about. Self-identifying as consumer more than producer is often a warning flag, though there may be differences to account for because games are more of a participant medium.

    Aneurhythmia on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Zephyr wrote: »
    i just don't see the point in spending 60$ on a game i won't play for months after i beat

    i actually regret buying god of war 2

    I have revisited both GOW games, and I likely will again shortly before 3 comes out.

    I had a near-miss with MGS2, but fortunately I did not buy the initial offering, and the parts that have given me the vast majority of gameplay time have been the VR Missions.

    I made the mistake of buying the "plain" MGS3. I did get tons of play time out of it, but having online mode and a better camera angle would've been nice. Also I probably would've watched the "whole game as a movie" thing at least one time.

    So I'm stuck with MGS4...do I buy the thing when it comes out, or do I wait for the seemingly-inevitable "special edition" release that contains the base game and a ton more? It seems like the wiser move would be to wait.

    Defender on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    Why are 20% of the posts in here about me?

    So TFS, if you don't like the term "gamer," what term would you prefer? "Game enthusiast?" "Game player?"

    We have terms like "painter" and "filmmaker" and "writer," but those terms all refer to the artists, not the audience. "Developer" is the equivalent there. What do we call someone who likes movies? "Film buff" or "film enthusiast" I guess? I don't know, I think I'd like a one-word method to describe "someone who appreciates/enjoys X form of art." We obviously have the term "gamer" for games, but not for really anything else. Maybe "audiophile" for music, but that's not exactly the same thing.

    It's not the term "gamer". I mean, people who play games are gamers

    It's people that think it's a lifestyle, or it's something to identify yourself as.

    OK so if we're talking about shit like people who really identify with "game fuel" or whatever dumbass "WOOO HARDCORE" video-game bullshit marketing is out there, then yeah. I do agree with that. That's fucking stupid. I would still like there to be a one-word identifier, though, for people who enjoy a given artistic medium. Preferably one that doesn't evoke "demographic" images like the white kids in Harold & Kumar.
    I got the impression that this was the sort of thing that TFS was talking about. Self-identifying as consumer more than producer is often a warning flag, though there may be differences to account for because games are more of a participant medium.

    Hmm. That creates a bit of an issue, then, because "gamer" is a self-identifier that I feel is likely used by both "regular dudes who play video games" and "huge douchebag retards who think they are real-life warriors worthy of counter-terrorist SWAT teams because they can beat other 14-year-olds at counter-strike."

    Defender on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    Zephyr wrote: »
    i just don't see the point in spending 60$ on a game i won't play for months after i beat

    i actually regret buying god of war 2

    I have revisited both GOW games, and I likely will again shortly before 3 comes out.

    I had a near-miss with MGS2, but fortunately I did not buy the initial offering, and the parts that have given me the vast majority of gameplay time have been the VR Missions.

    I made the mistake of buying the "plain" MGS3. I did get tons of play time out of it, but having online mode and a better camera angle would've been nice. Also I probably would've watched the "whole game as a movie" thing at least one time.

    So I'm stuck with MGS4...do I buy the thing when it comes out, or do I wait for the seemingly-inevitable "special edition" release that contains the base game and a ton more? It seems like the wiser move would be to wait.

    I'll do both

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    keith what is the origin of the image in your signature?

    TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I don't know...I like his work, but it'd have to be really incredible for it to be worth $120. And with all the shark-jumping in MGS2, I have trouble with this. But hey, maybe it will be that good.

    Defender on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    robin #85

    which is one of the best comics ever

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    I don't know...I like his work, but it'd have to be really incredible for it to be worth $120. And with all the shark-jumping in MGS2, I have trouble with this. But hey, maybe it will be that good.

    $120? What? Subsistence was $30 when it came out ($40 for the LE). Not sure how much Substance was, but I don't think it was full price

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Oh I don't know, I just remembered that MGS2 and MGS2: Substance were both full-price.

    Defender on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    metal_gear_20th_e4a.jpg

    Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2007
    i'll buy it

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    metal_gear_20th_e4a.jpg

    this (better fucking come to us)+ MGS 4 and MGS Online

    kojima is trying to take all my money

    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
This discussion has been closed.