As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[OOC] City of Towers, City of Knives

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yipee!

I'll post a draft character in a few hours.

El Skid on
  • Options
    VicVic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hmm, I got my name changed? Obviously I would have the house name Kundarak, but I still have a family name even though I might not use it among non-dwarves. If Nordain is not an acceptable dwarf name I would rather read up on name suggestions and make one myself.

I should also note (should really have remembered to do this earlier) that I am swedish and thus might have session time issues.

So times that probably would work for me are:

Mondays, no earlier than 1 PM EST/ 5 PM GMT no later than 8 PM EST/ 12 PM GMT
    Tuesdays, same
    Wednesdays, same

Saturdays, no later than 9 PM EST/1 AM GMT
    Sunday, no later than 8 PM EST/12 PM GMT

If this is a terrible inconvenience, then you might have to drop me.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Here's my first draft of Ariel. Goumindong, let me know if you have any comments or have any skill tricks you'd like to suggest.

El Skid on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    If you are of house Kundarak, your last name would be Kundarak. Basicially, people dont marry out of the great houses, they only marry in. No one would willingly give up such a name, and regardless of that your dragonmark would be a dead giveaway, and people would call you Kundarak regardless.

There will be no "session times" Combat will be structured in a way that it doesnt matter when people are able to post, we will get through at least one round/day so long as everyone posts one time a day.

As for skill tricks you dont qualify for any and will only benefit from one a ways down the line.

Also, buy equipment.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Updated my character- Added equipment and fudged around with the stats (int penalties suck)

El Skid on
  • Options
    XaiberDXaiberD Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=29902

There's my character sheet. I'm not really sure what else I need in terms of equipment. I don't have enough for magical items, but I have everything I would need there.

I'm thinking the Skill Trick "Social Recovery" would fit my theme well, if diplomacy doesn't go over well then lie lie lie!

I just have one question, the Swashbucklers Dodge Bonus, would you count that as the Feat Dodge? Since it does the same thing. Or if I wanted access to Mobility, would I have to buy Dodge first?

XaiberD on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ill help you out. Mobility wont be good for this campaign, just roll those tumble checks to avoid AoO

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Goumindong wrote: »
    If you are of house Kundarak, your last name would be Kundarak. Basicially, people dont marry out of the great houses, they only marry in. No one would willingly give up such a name, and regardless of that your dragonmark would be a dead giveaway, and people would call you Kundarak regardless.

Also, buy equipment.

From what I read about the great houses they have a house name, a family name and a first name. The family name is mostly used when among other house member, and when among strangers they use the house name because it carries more weight. Unless of course they have a reason not to want to be known as a Kundarak.

Sorry for being nitpicky, but changing my characters name and then basically ignoring my explanation post wasn't very cool.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ah, thanks Goumindong :). Not having to worry about it will be nice. Are there any other skill tricks that you can think of that might come in handy for me?

XaiberD on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I am sorry, are you not a dragonmakred Kundarak, because it sure looks like it from your character description as being from the house of Kundarak and the dragonmark you have.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    XaiberD wrote: »
    Ah, thanks Goumindong :). Not having to worry about it will be nice. Are there any other skill tricks that you can think of that might come in handy for me?

Just the one that lets you tumble through an opponents space to catch him flat footed[tumble 12 required], but other than that, looking at your skills, not really.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I, uh happen to know very little about Eberron, so, my game drought will probably continue, me having sacrificed my slot to someone who actually has the goddamn books.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I am sorry, are you not a dragonmakred Kundarak, because it sure looks like it from your character description as being from the house of Kundarak and the dragonmark you have.

I feel like we have started off on the wrong foot with each other. I think I will withdraw from the campaign, better do it now to make it easier to find a replacement.

Sorry about this.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ?

No seriously, are you not wanting to play a Dragonmakred Kundarak? You are a Kundarak and have a Dragonmark.

I mean, if you dont want your character to be generalized as a dragonmakred kundarak, dont play a guy from the house of kundarak that has a dragonmark.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Also, explain your moon language of "Eberron".

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ?

No seriously, are you not wanting to play a Dragonmakred Kundarak? You are a Kundarak and have a Dragonmark.

I mean, if you dont want your character to be generalized as a dragonmakred kundarak, dont play a guy from the house of kundarak that has a dragonmark.

Sorry, I am just not getting a good vibe from you. If feels to me like you are not reading my posts at all.

You changed my name with no comment. That was sorta fine, it was inconsiderate but not a big deal.

I mention that I can be a Kundarak and still be a Stengard, and you ignore it.

I repeat myself and mention that I didn't like you changing my name, and you ignore it completely.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I didnt change your name, your name is Vic, you are playing a dwarven fighter, who is a dragonmakred kundarak...

ed: Either way, if you dont want to play, ill pick up Pip the Fair and his duskblade.

Sorry Legoman, i try and mix races/backrounds so two silver flames is a bit much.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    When you all are done making characters would you generate a stat block for me?

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Tried to put in my statblock from the site. But I didn't like it much, editing it a bit:
    Xavier "X" Prometha
    Human Swashbuckler 2
    Init +3
    Languages Common, Elvish, Halfling
    Defenses Ref +4, Fort +4, Will -1
    HP 11
    AC 16
    Speed 30 feet
    Base Attack +2
    Rapier +5 (1d6, 18-20/x2) or
    Daggar +5 (1d4, 19-20/x2)
    Special Actions Disarm +4
    Abilities Str 10, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 14, Wis 8, Cha 14
    Feats Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm, Weapon Finesse, Grace +1
    Skills Balance +6, Bluff +7, Climb +3, Diplomacy +5, Escape Artist +8, Jump +5, Knowledge (Sharn) +6, Tumble +5
    Possessions Rapier, Daggars (5), Studded Armor, Backpack, Belt Pouch, various items, Thieves Tools

XaiberD on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I didnt change your name, your name is Vic, you are playing a dwarven fighter, who is a dragonmakred kundarak...

ed: Either way, if you dont want to play, ill pick up Pip the Fair and his duskblade.

Sorry Legoman, i try and mix races/backrounds so two silver flames is a bit much.

Oh lord... I complain that you don't read my posts when I was the one not reading properly.

I read your typo "Dragonmakred" as Dragomakred or something like it, which I figured was a dwarven name you had slapped on my character.

*sigh*

Sorry, this was a truly stupid misunderstanding and the fault is mine. I will write a sheet later tonight.
    Ugh, so embarassing.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Here's the statblock:

Ariel Stonefoot
    Female Lawful Good Halfling Monk, Level 2, Init +4, HP 18/18, Speed 20 ft
    AC 17, Touch 17, Flat-footed 11, Fort +6 Ref +8, Will +6, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Unarmed +6 [+4/+4](1d4+1, x2)
    Shuruken +6 [+4/+4] (2, x2)
    Abilities Str 12, Dex 18, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 14, Cha 8
    Skills: Escape Artist +5, Listen +8, Move Silently +7, Tumble +9 Sense Motive +4
    Feats: Weapon Finesse, Combat Reflexes, Stunning Fist

Re-edit. Con of 14 it is. I guess I get an int penalty after all >_<

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Thanks skid. Anyway Vic, i would still love to have you despite the misunderstanding. It happens, dont worry about it.

For hit points

Max first level
    3/4 second level
    1d4+differene after that.

A Monk should have 14+con hit points to start this campaign.

When you progress to level 3 you will add 1d4+2 as rolled on invisible castle.

With a con of 14 you should have 14+4 hit points to start.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Thanks goum, you have been very reasonable about my bout of furious paranoia.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=30403

That should be enough to start playing with, if you want anything more filled in just tell me.

And a question, I went with your ranger tip and multiclassed into it (or rather, from it). I have never quite understood how multiclassing and class skills work though. If I start as a ranger and then go into fighter, do my ranger class skills remain class skills or are they treated as cross class skills for purposes of buying more skill points? And how are maximum ranks calculated?

Oh, and I rounded my 3/4 hp as a warrior up to 8 Was that correct?

Edit: Oh, and I didn't bother to calculate my money properly. It should be within 50 gold of the correct value, so I didn't bother get it exact.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yes. That is close enough, but you hp should be 24

50 gp is close enough

max ranks are as a class skill, but it costs 2 skillpoints to advance while a warrior.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Hey Bruce, make a character sheet and generate me a statblock or i pick someone else from the list.

Preferably you are not a halfling, human, dwarf, fighter, monk, or swashbuckler

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Me + Math = error(404)

d8+2 (Max) = 10.
    d8+2 (3/4) = 8

10+8 = 18

So ya...18 hps at level 2 it is. Sorry Goum- updating character D:

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yes. That is close enough, but you hp should be 24

50 gp is close enough

max ranks are as a class skill, but it costs 2 skillpoints to advance while a warrior.

8 hp from ranger lvl 1, 8 from fighter, 6 for stamina, what am I missing?

Are you sure you are not thinking of 3.0 rangers? They got their hit die nerfed.

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Forgot that rangers were 8 at first level, was figuring 10.
    Then i added 2 more HP in there somewhere and i dont know how i did that.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    The IC thread will be posted on sunday afternoon EST. Do not worry about being online for any specific time, just worry about having a character sheet ready, or you wont be playing in the game and ill be running a party of 3.

edit: Pip has taken the slot.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh, and something else. Just because the rest of the eberron fluff materials arent listed, doesnt mean you shouldnt feel free to read them, especially if you can find a source that doesnt cost you anything. go ahead and use info from the books or request info from them with a knowledge(local checK)

Ill try and go back through figuring out all the things dealing with how posting will work.

Pip and Vic, please generate a stat block for me.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Nordain Stengard Kundarak
    Female Lawful Good Dwarven Fighter1 Ranger 1, Level 2, Init +2, HP 22/22, Speed 15 ft
    AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, Fort +7 Ref +4, Will +1, Base Attack Bonus +1
    Masterwork Dwarven Waraxe +6 (1d10+2 x3)
    Shortbow +4 (ad6 x3)
    Abilities Str 15, Dex 14, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Skills: Spot +6, Listen +5, Swim +6, Ride +6, Search +4 Survival +5
    Feats: Weapon Focus Dwarven waraxe, Track, Chosen enemy Human, Least Dragonmark

Vic on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=3440208#post3440208

IC post is up.

Init order is "players listed in any order. Then monster. Then entire party in any order"

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Tobias Sanderstone
    Male Neutral Good Dwarven Duskblade 2 Level 2 Init +1 Hp 18/18 Speed 20 ft
    AC 16 Touch 11 Flat Footed 15 Fort +5 Ref +1 Will +3 BAB 2
    Masterwork Greatsword +6 (2d6+3 19-20 x2)
    Warhammer +5 (1d8 x3)
    Armor Spikes +5 (1d6 x2)
    Abilities: Str 16 Dex 12 Con 14 Int 15 Wis 10 Cha 6
    Skills: Concentration 11, Knowledge Planes 5, Knowledge Nature 7, Knowledge Dungeoneering 6, Spellcraft 7
    Feats: Power Attack, Combat Casting

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Xavier, you dont have quickdraw, so you are unable to draw and attack with the same readied action.

Ed:

also, read this if you make a DC 20 knowledge (sharn/local) check[and post me the link]
    300 Coin is the going rate for assasinating an unskilled person or weak creature

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ugh. This is going to suck just a little bit.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Let me guess, no one has silver weapons or silversheen? The duskblade can do damage just fine at least.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I can pull out some alchemist's fire, I guess.

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    There are other ways of defeating enemies in sharn than stabbing them, remember that. And even if you dont, i will remind you of that at dramatic intervals.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Argh, sorry, I meant Delay, not ready. Is it alright if I change it? Or I can just Ready and draw my weapon depending on what happens, and not make an attack, since I'll have to crit and roll max damage to do anything to this beast.

XaiberD on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You can delay your action in that manner yes, but you wont be able to inturrupt him.

What you could do is delay action until before he makes a move, then on that action draw and ready an attack.

Keep in mind, init in this game is mutable. Monsters are the only things with set init order. After the moster goes, anyone of the party can post their action. So there is no worries about going before or after a fellow party member, that init is handled on a first post first action basis. This keeps games moving so that in any given day assuming 1 post per day per person, we cant "miss" a persons online time.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png