Options

Crysis Demo is out

• Options
    SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I don't think I ever even joined a guild. I just did trade runs across the whole map.

Silmaril on
    t9migZb.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    InfinitiCorp for life suckers

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] new member
    edited October 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    no it's a faction

but I totally didn't have a guild

trading was my life

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    how about a download link you fags

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Google, you lazy cuntmucker.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    wait 30 minutes for a game game i don't even know if I could run?

yeah no fucking thanks fileplanet.

Also teefs: There is an EnB emulator in the works, words are that it's almost ready for beta testing.

• Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    cuntmucker.

very nice!

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The four galaxies were Andromeda, Galileo, Orion and Pegasus. Their nicknames were: Andramada, Galileo (Figaro!), Some shit I don't remember and Pegalag.

When the game returns I will play it as if it were brand new. It will not be a 100% seamless recreation. The developers are rebuilding a game through snippets and snatches of data, sewing it together like a quilt, made from overlapping patches of information. They've rebuilt sectors from memory and fan maps and screenshots. When the game returns it will not be the exact same as it was, and that is the blessing. I'll be able to rediscover everything a second time, like a man who returns to a childhood home.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The four galaxies were Andromeda, Galileo, Orion and Pegasus. Their nicknames were: Andramada, Galileo (Figaro!), Some shit I don't remember and Pegalag.

Ooh are we discussing nicknames for factions in old games?

If anyone knows where Prah-stitues, Crom-unists and Syn-are-gay were from I will love you forever

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Fuck Earth and Beyond. Any of you assholes ever play Jumpgate?

Also how about that Crysis, eh? Looks decent enough on my rig, but hardly the killer-application it was promised to be.

Iskander on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I don't know. It looks fucking amazing, I think.

Player models are great, and the jungles are fun stuff, oh and the water and water effects are gorgeous. And I'm only running this on medium settings.

Also, shooting down an entire forest with your machinegun is good times.

[IMG][/img]Untitled-2-1.jpg

Tossing birds into the water never gets old

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    The Crysis demo was pretty awesome.

I enjoyed spooking a NK encampment by running through it at super speed, jumping into a truck, driving off, then picking them off one at a time by stealthily crawling back to their encampment.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I was sad that i couldn't find a weapon i could use at long range for the life of me. Sure, i could try and pump them full of pistol rounds. Or the rifle they give you at the start was pretty good, but it seems like i only ever have enough ammo for 4 guys.

Also i stole a boat

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Yeah the rifles are woefully ineffective at long range. I literally put a whole clip into a guy's head and he was just like "so?"

I prefer speed + shotgun to the face. Get up close n personal like.

Also the trucks are nice for just rampaging into a camp and ownerizing everyone with the big fucking machine gun on top. Watch out for exploding barrels though.

As for performance. My system is about 1.5 years old and plays it great at low settings (800x600 or even bumping it up to 1280x1024). Really smooth, and still looks "good" - just not like those photo-real screenshots we've been seeing. I finally settled on a custom level, a few things on high (like audio..) most on medium, and a few on low (like post-processing and shadows).

Really it doesn't seem as system-crushing as everyone was making out. I think it's just people with extreme systems who are used to playing Source or Quake4 engine games at 30" panel resolutions at 9000FPS who will be disappointed... Crysis just has so much more detail.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I have:

Athlon X2 5200+
    Radeon X1950XT
    3 gigs RAM

And it runs dandy with everything on high.

Edit: Of course, this is at 1024x768... which is a fine resolution for me, and I don't know why people want to play at 1600x1200 and other, higher resolutions.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    why isn't this on xbawks godamn

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I have a Quadcore 4gb ram and an 8800GTX

I should probably get this

gazamc on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    EnB was pretty fun, though the lag got really bad later on when everyone was crammed into the high level sectors. I played on Andromeda in the Merchant Marines. The girl we had as guild leader was one of the top traders in the game, she had like 2 billion credits in the bank at one point I think.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Althon X2 4400+, 2GB ram, Geforce 7800GT 256MB

runs fine at 1280x1024 on medium/low.

I'll probably pick up a 8800GT (G92) when those come out (soon) and then upgrade to a Yorkfield later next year.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I just took a video of me killing a dude with a turtle. Youtube should process it already, because it's awesome.

And apparently FRAPS can record sound with video now. What the hell, FRAPS.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    If you look in the game folder (right-click on the desktop shortcut, Properties, click Find Target) there are two .BAT files for doing benchmarks... one for the GPU that does like a fly-thru of the level, one for the CPU that does a bunch of physics stuff I guess (the guy blows up a shack or two with grenades and rockets, pieces flying everywhere etc..) They just run with whatever settings you are currently using. I managed to get averages in the 20s, which is decent for this type of game I think.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    With everything on high, I got averages of 16 fps, which seemed unusually low as everything ran perfectly smooth for me.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I have:

Athlon X2 5200+
    Radeon X1950XT
    3 gigs RAM

Edit: Of course, this is at 1024x768... which is a fine resolution for me, and I don't know why people want to play at 1600x1200 and other, higher resolutions.
    because 1024x768 isn't even HD

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    I have:

Athlon X2 5200+
    Radeon X1950XT
    3 gigs RAM

And? The game still looks great.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Don't tell that to Halo lololol

Halololol

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »
    I have:

Athlon X2 5200+
    Radeon X1950XT
    3 gigs RAM

And? The game still looks great.
    And? It could look better.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Honestly I really don't care about HD on PCs

I mean if I'm playing a game on a 40" TV, then I'd want it to be in HD

But on my 21" monitor I can't really tell HD that well, so whatevs.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Anyway, I don't care to get into an argument about something I couldn't give a shit about.

T U R T L E POWER

I don't know what the deal is with those lines, perhaps my video card is overheating or someshit.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Going from 1024x768 to even 1280x1024 makes everything seem a lot clearer.

Anything higher is even better.

Get glasses.

edit: fine

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    21" LCD is probably doing 1280x1024 at least, which technically is higher than 720p "HD" though not quite 1080p "HD".

Anyway, "looking good" includes frame rate in my opinion, who cares if it looks like a photograph if it also moves like one...

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    I'm not trying to say it wouldn't look better, of course, but I don't really care about it being HD or not.

And jwalk has a good point. I'd rather have a decent playable frame rate that looks slightly bad versus a game that looks incredible and clear but runs like ass.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Yeah but he said 1024x768.

Also most screens don't do a very good job of upscaling. My viewsonic is allright, but still a tad fuzzy upscaling my 1366x768 VGA signal from the 360 to the native 1680x1050. I wish I had a native 720p or 1080p screen.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    jwalk wrote: »
    Yeah the rifles are woefully ineffective at long range. I literally put a whole clip into a guy's head and he was just like "so?"

I prefer speed + shotgun to the face. Get up close n personal like.

Yeah, a truely long range rifles would have been good. I found I enjoyed cloaking in, sneaking up on a dude, and point blank headshotting the guy with a pistol. or if there's a few people in the area, cloak, move up right close, shotgun a few times, and re-cloak before anyone else comes rushing in. rinse, repeat.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited October 2007
    if I can't run at my monitor's native resolution, I can't run the game. ANything outside of the native resolution looks like duckshit, and makes the game severely no-fun-at-all.

And there ain't no way I'm even considering trying to install crysis. My computer has a big enough persecution complex as it is.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    if I can't run at my monitor's native resolution, I can't run the game. ANything outside of the native resolution looks like duckshit, and makes the game severely no-fun-at-all.

And there ain't no way I'm even considering trying to install crysis. My computer has a big enough persecution complex as it is.
    What LCD do you have?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Eh, seems to run fine at 1280x1024, so I guess I'll run it at that. Pretty sure that's my monitor's native res anyway. That or 1280x960.

I'd still like to get a LCD, though. This CRT is goddamn huge.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    CRT's don't have a native res, just a maximum one. They don't have to scale like LCDs do.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Well then.

Moriveth on