As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[TOURNAMENT ON] Eye of Judgment (ZORAK15 WINS)

• Options
    lordkaosulordkaosu Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    I'm in.

PSN ID is "Magus_Kaosu"

lordkaosu on
    lkhs.gif
    How happy is your house?
  • Options
    Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wow. This has gotten huge. :)

I'll update the original post with names soon.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lawllawl Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'll play

lawl PSN ID: elohel

lawl on
  • Options
    Josh7289Josh7289 Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    I'm in. I won't be able to play until about 2 PM on Friday, though...I'll just make the cut...

PSN: Josh7289

Josh7289 on
    "Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." -Vyse, Skies of Arcadia
  • Options
    DebaserZbsDebaserZbs Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    From all the entrees, it would appear that this tournament could go on for at least a few weeks even if we were to use swiss format.

So, what is the limit on uncommon, rare, and ultra-rare cards in one person's desk?

DebaserZbs on
  • Options
    DalancerDalancer Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    PLEASE, add me too! (By the way, ingeneous idea of just using the starter deck and a single booster, it makes everything even)

PSN ID : DaLancer

Dalancer on
  • Options
    Dante43Dante43 Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'll join, hook me up doc. Im glad this is only starter deck with 1 booster. I cant find more booster :x

PSN: Dante43

Dante43 on
  • Options
    funtownarcadefuntownarcade Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    I'm in
    PSN: Ryan31337

funtownarcade on
  • Options
    joejaijoejai Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    count me in!!!!!!!!!!!

joejai

joejai on
  • Options
    ExhaleExhale Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in. PSN- Exhale

Exhale on
  • Options
    ScanlonScanlon Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    I am interested.

PSN: Scanlon

Scanlon on
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tw4win wrote: »
    The Sneak! wrote: »
    FUCK YOU I HAVE TO WORK 13 HOURS ON WEDNESDAY AND HAVE THURSDAY OFF, FUCK FUCK FUCK

That's not a problem. You have until Friday at 6 to play your game.

Awesome. Sign me up. Sorry if I didn't read the post in its entirety earlier; had to run to work.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    KinitariKinitari Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    I want in on this.

PSN ID - Kinitari

Kinitari on
  • Options
    The BusThe Bus Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This sounds cool, I'd be game to try. My PSN uid is Chiwotweiler

I'd also like to keep it to 1 round if possible. Maybe for the finals and semis it can be best-of-3?

The Bus on
    XBL/PSN: Chiwotweiler
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Wow. didnt expect this many people when I saw this earlier today. Thanks to the main page announcement I guess. :D

So what are we going to do for the rules in-game?

If we are going for 1 match rounds, I would recommend a longer turn-time (especially since most of us dont know what all the cards do already. Gives time for using the Status card and checking abilities and such.)

-I suggest 2-3 minute turn timer (which is the base time I think)
    -Definetely use the standard Style for the Field layout instead of Random.

Damn. You know for a game that is so hard to find right now due to low production, Sony is promoting the hell out of it on TV. Ive seen 40 commercials for it over the last week. Hopefully it does turn out to be a success.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    DiablopupDiablopup Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hey guys, I havn't played a CCG since....Spellfire and I didn't play that for long....but, I love this game. I would like to be added to the tournament too. My PSN name is Diablopup. I don't know how well I will do, but I look forward to checking out the matches.

Diablopup

Perception is Reality....and Reality used to be a Friend of Mine.

Diablopup on
  • Options
    lordkaosulordkaosu Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    The main page announcement definitely helped out. I was made aware of the large EoJ following on these forums from a fellow on the GameTZ forums. It just happened the main page pointed out the tournament on top of that.

Figured I better get on it, nice to see a community coming around for EoJ.

lordkaosu on
    lkhs.gif
    How happy is your house?
  • Options
    leithianleithian Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    I'd like to be in ps3 name Legal-Alien

leithian on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Wow. didnt expect this many people when I saw this earlier today. Thanks to the main page announcement I guess. :D

So what are we going to do for the rules in-game?

If we are going for 1 match rounds, I would recommend a longer turn-time (especially since most of us dont know what all the cards do already. Gives time for using the Status card and checking abilities and such.)

-I suggest 2-3 minute turn timer (which is the base time I think)
    -Definetely use the standard Style for the Field layout instead of Random.

Damn. You know for a game that is so hard to find right now due to low production, Sony is promoting the hell out of it on TV. Ive seen 40 commercials for it over the last week. Hopefully it does turn out to be a success.

Standard rules & standard layout.

3 minute turn time. Same as a ranked game.

Everyplace I've been has been sold out of this game...

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    This thing is getting huge. Did you have a cut-off number in mind as well as a cut-off date?

MuttonChops on
    muttonchops.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007

Standard rules & standard layout.

3 minute turn time. Same as a ranked game.

Everyplace I've been has been sold out of this game...

Alright cool. Thats the main thing I wanted to know about how the tourney was set up.

If this goes over well, maybe the next one could allow for either the starter or a precon and 1-2 boosters. I really like Limited environments in CCGs. I find that it tends to test the skill of the player alot more than stuff that allows for anything and everything.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Front Page updated with names to here.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    This thing is getting huge. Did you have a cut-off number in mind as well as a cut-off date?

You know, I didn't think it would be this big. I like seeing people play the game so I don't want to exclude them. I also figure that not everyone that signs up is going to actually play and there will probably be people who drop out here and there. Once we're through the first round I'll adjust time as needed. It may be that once we get a round or two into the game we'll have to cut down from 48 hours in which to play your game to 24 hours. Less people will mean less scheduling headaches.

Anyway, this is a learning experience for everyone involved so the mistakes I make this time around will just make next time better.

Obviously, if this is popular I'll keep organizing tournaments.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Holy crap. Thats like 64 people already. We only had like 20 or so in the EoJ press pack thread. I think its about time for a new standard Game On thread for it with a proper opening and all.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Count me in. PSN = Ryadic

Can't guarantee I'll be able to play because I work and go to school full time, but I will hope to work something out.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1.

That's 6 rounds, 2 days each. it's only a 2 week tournament. I don't see a problem. You can even start up another tournament while the first one's still going if you want. :D

I really think cutting 48 hours to 24 is a bad idea.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1.

That's 6 rounds, 2 days each. it's only a 2 week tournament. I don't see a problem. You can even start up another tournament while the first one's still going if you want. :D

I really think cutting 48 hours to 24 is a bad idea.

I agree and I'm sure we'll stick to 48. We'll see what the final count is for players before making any final call but I don't think things will change.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kealihakealiha Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    I would like to play in the tournament too!

PSN - Kealiha

kealiha on
    kealiha52032373.jpg
  • Options
    LordDaxLordDax Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Im down. PSN-LordDax

One quick question tho - Biolith Bomber promo from DigitalLife, in or out?

LordDax on
    PSN/xFire-LordDax
    WoW - US Quel'Dorie - Daxius DwPr(Disc/Shadow) 80
    Give Back to those who serve us Become a Black Pie Day Pieoneer!
  • Options
    PimpbotPimpbot Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm game.

Pimpbot - PSN: P1mpb0t

Pimpbot on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    LordDax wrote: »
    Im down. PSN-LordDax

One quick question tho - Biolith Bomber promo from DigitalLife, in or out?

I think that is just an alternate art version of Biolith Bomber in the main set.

But being that it wouldnt have come from a Booster... I'd probably guess no, unless you were just using it as a replacement for a Bomber you got in a pack. (Just a guess though, nothing official per say)

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Oh craps, I think I figured it out. All the newbies from last weeks Pokemon get-together (who obviously love CCG's) saw the thread and are signing up. Damn you, pokemon TCG, damn you!

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Alright we got alot of people interested in this Tournament, so how do we decide who is fighting who? Are you going to get a tournmament tree up and running so we at least get a idea who we are going to battle when it starts wednesday, cause wednesday I might not be able to get on the computer, since I will be busy...

Dalancer on
  • Options
    Da_MainManDa_MainMan Registered User new member
    edited October 2007
    I'm in

PSN ID - Da_Main_Man

Da_MainMan on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    "you must play with the starter deck but it can contain 1 additional rare or ultra rare, 2 additional uncommons, and up to 5 different common cards. Of course, you still need to stick to the 30 card limit."

Just to clarify, do you mean we can add 1 extra rare/very rare card, and 2 uncommons to our deck, which menas a person can have up to 4 rare type cards and 8 uncommon in a deck, right? Or do you mean we can replace with one from the booster, so we can only have a total of 3 rare type cards, and 6 uncommons?

Please tell me you ment the first one.

Dalancer on
  • Options
    n8nmonstern8nmonster Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Hi, I'm interested in joining. :)

psn - n8nmonster

n8nmonster on
  • Options
    edited October 2007
    Dalancer wrote: »
    "you must play with the starter deck but it can contain 1 additional rare or ultra rare, 2 additional uncommons, and up to 5 different common cards. Of course, you still need to stick to the 30 card limit."

Just to clarify, do you mean we can add 1 extra rare/very rare card, and 2 uncommons to our deck, which menas a person can have up to 4 rare type cards and 8 uncommon in a deck, right? Or do you mean we can replace with one from the booster, so we can only have a total of 3 rare type cards, and 6 uncommons?

Please tell me you ment the first one.

Pretty sure he means the first one.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    DECK CLARIFICATION

This is what I consider the official starter deck (thanks MuttonChops)

EOJcards.jpg

If your starter deck differed from this in any way please contact me ASAP.

As for the booster cards, I realized that not everyone has their original booster intact or can remember what cards were contained in the booster that came with the game. So, as I stated in Rule #1, you use your starer deck as a "base" but can change up to 8 different cards (1 rare/ultra rare, 2 uncommon, 5 common). You still must have only 30 cards in your deck.

For any confusion as to what the T.O. means about what cards you can and cannot include in your deck:

You may use any of the cards in the above picture, PLUS:

-1 'silver' (rare) OR 'gold' (ultra-rare) rarity card.
    -2 'white' (uncommon) rarity cards (they must be different, since you would not get the same uncommon in one booster pack)
    -5 'black' (common) cards (these, also, must be different, since no two common cards in a booster would be the same)

They can, however, be the same as cards that came in the starter deck. For example, I could add one Venoan Assassin and one Fissures of Goghlie (both common) to my starter deck, but I could not add two Fissures of Goghlie, since they would not appear in a booster together. You must also stick to the deck-building conventions of not including more than a certain number of certain card types. The game enforces that, though, so no big deal.

Did I explain it well enough? If anyone still needs clarification, I can try and help some more.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    FartwinkyFartwinky Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in Hong Kong and a new member but I have been dying to find more people to play. I'm completely on the opposite time zone (12 ahead) from the east coast where I used to live. But since I have all this week off from work I can still play at just about any median time. I tried to friend CWGabe but NOOO he has to many damned friends. Popular bastard... Anyone who wants to play EOJ I have no online friends who speak english and would appreciate ANY friend invites from fellow penny-arcaders

S/N : Hotchik69
    p.s. please don't ask what I look like I'm a dude PSN wouldn't lemme use Fartwinky when Nintendo and Microsoft would

Fartwinky on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    I'm in.

psn: WalkinPneumonia

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif