Options

[Pokémon] ¡Las Aventuras de los Monstruos de Bolsillo! Join the Legendary Cup!

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So apparently I have two usable non-uber legendary pokemon. This will take some decision-making.
    I also haven't caught any of the Regis in Emerald yet, so I could theoretically spent half a decade to get a decent Regice.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    But you hate Regice, Ashton!

In all seriousness, I normally wouldn't train a Poké I hate. The best example is Blissey. Another good one is Thunder Wave + Air Slash Togekiss. Logepi is the exception because he doesn't do that. But that's just me.
    Aggril wrote: »
    GG Rockin!

I got bluescreened right at the win/lose, I think. And yes, that part between Luffy and Milly made me laugh out loud.

And I was sure Luffy was going to crush Morgan, so ..well, yeah. I'm sure they'll be friends again after. Always works out that way :)

I shut my DS down everytime I win or lose. That way I won't get obsessed with having more wins than losses. Though I forgot to do that once a guy rechallenged me and I wanted to swap Pokés and now I have a win and zero losses.

RockinX on
  • Options
    AggrilAggril Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, at least in Emerald you can use synchronizers. I don't think Ruby/Sapphire had that feature.

Given how long its taken me to breed up a team as is, no soft-resetting for legends included, I'd go with the two you have and not potentially take up your entire time getting a 'perfect' Regi.

And I bred up a most excellent Pokemon, with two flawless! ..sadly the two flawless were attack and special attack, and its a pure physical sweeping Jolly, so the special attack stat was kind of a sad waste.

And ah, gotcha Rockin. Just wasn't sure if it was an error at my end, and didn't want to appear like a sore loser or anything. :)
    Come to think of it I don't think my battle record ever stays past me turning the DS off for the day.

Aggril on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

And I bred up a most excellent Pokemon, with two flawless! ..sadly the two flawless were attack and special attack, and its a pure physical sweeping Jolly, so the special attack stat was kind of a sad waste.

That's not a waste. You can use it to breed for a better Poké. Just make sure you level it up until it doesn't learn any more moves, or you'll experience a bad time because for getting Mean Look on a Dusknoir instead of Will O Wisp. Thankfully, it was just one, and WOW is a TM.
    And ah, gotcha Rockin. Just wasn't sure if it was an error at my end, and didn't want to appear like a sore loser or anything. :)
    From my end, the WIN/LOSE screen was already happening, so it wouldn't have been a big deal if it had been a disconnect.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    RockinX wrote: »
    But you hate Regice, Ashton!

In all seriousness, I normally wouldn't train a Poké I hate. The best example is Blissey. Another good one is Thunder Wave + Air Slash Togekiss. Logepi is the exception because he doesn't do that. But that's just me.

Yeah, I don't exactly love Regice, which is the reason why I wont be bothering with that.

The Blissey example is kind of strange. If the thing wasn't so overpowered, I'd use it on most of my teams. Togetic isn't so bad, though it's still extremely annoying. Didn't stop me from training one, though, and I actually love using that pokemon.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    HylianZoraHylianZora Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, at least in Emerald you can use synchronizers. I don't think Ruby/Sapphire had that feature.

Given how long its taken me to breed up a team as is, no soft-resetting for legends included, I'd go with the two you have and not potentially take up your entire time getting a 'perfect' Regi.

Come to think of it I don't think my battle record ever stays past me turning the DS off for the day.

Mine neither.
    Buddies~

HylianZora on
    My Pokemon Diamond FC is 4253 0208 2286
    believe2.png
  • Options
    FerrattoFerratto regular
    edited November 2007
    aggril wanna battle?

Ferratto on
    Pokemon FC: 2277 3828 8488
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I like breeding up Pokemon I can give clever names to, like my Breloom Mush or my Elekid/Electivire Rowsdower. Though I usually end up defaulting to various game and anime names in the end.

And Ferratto, sure though I'm in the middle of EV training, so it'll be a couple of minutes before I'm ready again. I've got four usable Pokemon to train into my new team members now.. so I'm close to going back to attempting to breed for hidden power either for a Glaceon or a Typhlosion. So I need a fight to knock that thought out of my head :)

Aggril on
  • Options
    FerrattoFerratto regular
    edited November 2007
    k, i'll be waiting, nothign better to do for now, post when ur going on

Ferratto on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Alrighty, ready!

Aggril on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    GG Ferratto.

Man, I'm not doing good at all tonight fight wise.

Aggril on
  • Options
    FerrattoFerratto regular
    edited November 2007
    lol thats alright, good game.

i get down sometiems too when I lose, but I just have to get it through my head that no team is perfect, and there is always a counter pick for whatever team you got goin. you have a pretty good team though, Swampert and Magnezone are pretty good to have on a team.

Ferratto on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Its all good. It gives me more incentive to do well training up these newbie Pokes, so I have more than just a tiny handful of EV-trained Pokemon worthy of wifi battling.

Aggril on
  • Options
    c02yc02y Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Now, we also need someone to take the spot of our former member Faustum as the Grass Gym Leader. Is anyone willing to take the challenge to become the leader?
    EDIT:: OH! TOTALLY JUST NOTICED THE --BANNED-- PART

EDITx2:: I totally don't know how to read and check profiles.

"Totally" is totally my favorite word. Bye Faustum, I will defeat your DK team one day!

c02y on
    I have badges, yes I do! I have badges, how about you?
    badges.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    GG Ferratto.

Man, I'm not doing good at all tonight fight wise.

Honestly, I wouldn't say that. You outpredicted me cleverly on our fight.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ehehe.. thanks! Guess its more accurate to say 'I didn't do too bad, overall' then.

And now its time to get back to that goal of getting the new team ready before the end of the weekend. Two team members EV trained and only needing to level up a bit, two bred and needing training, and two that need to be bred.. ..and one of those two I really need to settle on who it'll be.

Aggril on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Is anyone up for a battle?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I would if I had wifi right now. I think I asked this already, but what we doing about the Ground Gym? Green Lanturn hasn't showed up or accepted any challenges as far as I know.

edit: I need to stop saying totally.

c02y on
    badges.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm waiting for people to take the callenge. HZ said he wanted, but so far he hasn't done much to challenge the gyms.

RockinX on
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm currently working on a team to try and take the Ground Gym. HZ said he wants the grass gym.
    Once I manage to hatch a decent Riolu, i'll start EV training and leveling my team.

God only knows how long it might take to get a good Riolu though.
    GOD wrote:
    About twenty minutes

Thanks God!

The breeding is complete. Now begins the training. Then we shall conquer!

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Go Ink Go!

c02y on
    badges.png
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Heh, for those who are wondering, I haven't died of Guinness-related alcohol poisoning in Ireland yet. Though I sure gave it a good shot!

Anyway, my hostel's wifi is "not compatible" with my DS. Figures. Suck my dick, NintendoWifi. Guess I'm back to looking for a decent access point at my uni.

At least Metangs showed up in my game today. With any luck, I might be able to get myself a sweet new shiny while bored on the bus getting me back to the airport...

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Guys, there is one WiFi hotspot in my entire state, and it is my local EB games.

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I've noticed outside of my official wifi dongle and the 'official' Nintendo wifi hotspots at the local McD's, my DS doesn't seem to want to go online. Not sure if that's just me being ignorant of how to use wifi (a possibility) or the DS being insanely picky about what 'kind' of wifi it'll use.

Also, how are you getting all those shinies? The Pokeradar method? I tried that and got nothing. The only shiny I've caught myself is

dpffsa323.png

And that was from randomly training up on Stark Mountain, not from the radar.

Aggril on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I think DS's can't connect to local hotspots because of a firewall thing.

ChopperDave, what would you trade for a shiny Bellossom? If it's Calm natured, that'd be even more awesome.

c02y on
    badges.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My Hariyama finally knows Close Combat.

Now I just need to get my Blaziken up to 59 to learn Sky Uppercut. Then I need to do those two team member replacements. Then get to work on my Relicanth.

I wish school didn't take up so much time.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Is anyone up for a battle?

RockinX on
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    c02y wrote: »
    I think DS's can't connect to local hotspots because of a firewall thing.

ChopperDave, what would you trade for a shiny Bellossom? If it's Calm natured, that'd be even more awesome.

It is indeed Calm natured, and is 9/29/11/23/11/31. Certainly usable, though a bit of a glass cannon with the IVs.

I'm pretty loath to trading away my shinies unless I have extras (which I have listed in my Pokemart post), and even then I set the price pretty high, as they're a bitch to get legitimately. When the shiny in question is my only one AND has a good nature/ability/IVs...well, that makes me almost impossible to barter with. You can certainly try to make an offer though: the right combination of legendaries, rare TMs/items, and/or IV trained Pokemon might win me over. But it's doubtful.

I'll keep in mind that you want a shiny oddish, though, and I'll see if I can get one (along with a Tyrogue)...sometime. Whenever I next go shiny hunting, cause I do it pretty rarely now that I actually have real things to do with my free time :P
    Also, how are you getting all those shinies? The Pokeradar method? I tried that and got nothing.

Hyup. I've got it down to an artform at this point, though it's still annoying as all hell. No matter now good you get with the Pokeradar, the game will still randomly flip you the bird and break your chain for essentially no reason. You basically have to know the right tricks and hope that that 2%ish chance of random combo-breaker doesn't hit you til you get a shiny to show up.

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I hate trying to chain when there are too many possible Pokés in that area. No shiny Eevees for me any time soon.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    . You can certainly try to make an offer though: the right combination of legendaries, rare TMs/items, and/or IV trained Pokemon might win me over. But it's doubtful.
    I could try and get it cloned for you, but since you still want a high price for it:
    I have Shiny Stones/Dusk Stones/Dawn Stones, I'm pretty sure I have a Focus Punch TM. I have a level 100 10th Movie Darkrai (has Spacial Rend and Roar of Time), a shiny Kyogre, Mewtwo, and a male Natu with all it's IVs in the mid to high 20's (except special attack), great for breeding flying pokemon! Also I can make money easily so I can buy TMs from the Veilstone Gamecorner.

Name a specific price for it though, keeping in mind I'll try to clone it, cos I really want that Bellossom. :D

c02y on
    badges.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I hate trying to chain when there are too many possible Pokés in that area. No shiny Eevees for me any time soon.

I've tried chaining Eevees and Porygons so many times, and it always ends in failure. Getting a big Eevee chain would be awesome, because you could get multiple shinies and evolve them into different things.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    . You can certainly try to make an offer though: the right combination of legendaries, rare TMs/items, and/or IV trained Pokemon might win me over. But it's doubtful.
    I could try and get it cloned for you, but since you still want a high price for it:
    I have Shiny Stones/Dusk Stones/Dawn Stones, I'm pretty sure I have a Focus Punch TM. I have a level 100 10th Movie Darkrai (has Spacial Rend and Roar of Time), a shiny Kyogre, Mewtwo, and a male Natu with all it's IVs in the mid to high 20's (except special attack), great for breeding flying pokemon! Also I can make money easily so I can buy TMs from the Veilstone Gamecorner.

Name a specific price for it though, keeping in mind I'll try to clone it, cos I really want that Bellossom. :D

Even though it's a personal choice, I would never clone a shiny Poké. It loses its unique factor this way.

I don't mind not having a shiny Porygon, I actually dislike its shiny colors. But I'd like to have a shiny Eevee. Though I don't know when I'll get one since it has to be on that mansion's garden.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Remember to try catching multiple shinies if you get the chain high enough. I find that if you can get a chain to, like, 40, it becomes extremely easy to find as many shinies as you want. Hence why I had like six different shiny voltorbs. You aren't guaranteed to find a really good one, but if you are also using Synchronize to get natures, you'll almost definitely get one that's at least usable.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Even though it's a personal choice, I would never clone a shiny Poké. It loses its unique factor this way.

I don't mind not having a shiny Porygon, I actually dislike its shiny colors. But I'd like to have a shiny Eevee. Though I don't know when I'll get one since it has to be on that mansion's garden.

As someone with a shiny blissey, I prefer shinies with large color differences from the original. Even though it does the shiny animation, most people don't notice :(.
    Though I've never had any luck with the radar, my blissey was hatched shiny with nature, IVs, egg moves, and ability. So I guess that's where all my luck went to.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    ... I still want that shiny Bellossom though. XD

c02y on
    badges.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Most of the shinies out there either aren't that different from the normal sprite, or don't really look much better than the original one. Also, since its so hard to get a hatched one, its likely to be much more difficult to use if you're used to having the option of egg moves added to the move pool like I am. Add in the high likelyhood of other people hacking their shinies (watching recorded matches on Youtube makes me seriously doubt so many people were so lucky to get competitive shiny Pokemon), and overall I think most shiny Pokemon are more trouble than they're worth.

Though if I could get my hands on a legit shiny Charmander, Ghastly, Umbreon, or Zangoose, I definately wouldn't turn it down. :)

Aggril on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Zangoose is pretty nice in blue.

Apparently, I had a shiny Marowak all along on my LeafGreen file. How lucky! That brings my shiny total to two!

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    Sir Red of the MantiSir Red of the Manti Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    My chains seem to constantly be broken up for no apparent reason after around the tenth or so encounter. I run into the same enemy I fought the other nine times, I'm following the "similar square furthest away" rule, yet the grass refuses to shake, and even if I re-establish the chain, it starts the counter over. Am I doing something wrong, or is the random number generator just toying with me?

Sir Red of the Manti on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    If you're doing something wrong, Red, then its the same thing I'm doing wrong. The game apparently just decides to throw in the occasional chain breaker even if you're doing everything 'right' as far as radar goes. What makes it very frustrating is that most of the time its the exact same Pokemon you've been KO'ing for the last ten minutes, so it just seems that the chain fizzles out for no reason. So very frustrating.

Aggril on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I remember link to a chaining guide in a one of the threads a long time ago. It mentioned something about not going into any patches if you can't see all six. It said you will probably reset the radar a lot in order to keep a good chain going.

SirToasty on