As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bought orange box. Need help

lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Games and Technology
So I bought the The Orange Box figuring I couldn't really go wrong since I hadn't bought any of these games previously. The problem is that I have a pretty bad internet connection at this time since I'm way out in the countryside. I'm talking less than 56k speeds. So instead of just installing the games the launcher first wanted to launch and update steam. This seems to not like the slow connection. Eventually I reinstall steam and since I picked a non Hi-speed connection, it seemed to finally, if slowly update.

So, I finally started the installation, but this seemed to stall after the first dvd so I finally just cancelled it. Now when I try to restart the installation steam wants to download the games, which obviously won't work. Is there any way to force it to use the disks witout uninstalling steam again and having to wait for it to update again?

steam_sig.png
(Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
lowlylowlycook on