[Judge on!] Eye of Judgment!

• Options
    ScynixScynix Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    What's the rarity on the sat cannon? I want one. :|
    Or two. :|

Scynix on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Scynix wrote: »
    What's the rarity on the sat cannon? I want one. :|
    Or two. :|

It is the Rare.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Finally got my hands on some boosters. I'm happy to report I got my dragon, I don't care if they are powerful or not I love dragons anyways. The real kicker was the wood phantom card.

I wish I could have bought more, damn rent, hopefully they will still be there this Friday.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    Tw4winTw4win Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I had an epic ranked game tonight. It lasted forever and even though I made one horrible error I ended up winning.

I'm convinced that the Biolith Phantom is one of the best cards in the game.

4 Mana Cost/ 2 to activate
    4 HP
    You get a mana every time your opponent summons a creature
    2 magic attack against elementals
    2 + number of your creatures against bioliths

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Tw4win wrote: »
    I had an epic ranked game tonight. It lasted forever and even though I made one horrible error I ended up winning.

I'm convinced that the Biolith Phantom is one of the best cards in the game.

4 Mana Cost/ 2 to activate
    4 HP
    You get a mana every time your opponent summons a creature
    2 magic attack against elementals
    2 + number of your creatures against bioliths

My fiancee has that card. It is amazing.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I got boosters! Ha! eat it!

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    MSUHitmanMSUHitman Checkmate Arcade Co-Host STLRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    For Tycho and others trying to find cards, you may want to try Target. They're in the section next to the register with all the other card games (excluding VS System since Upper Deck refuses to put it in mass retail stores- sorry VS rant there.)

Anyway my local Target had several starters and boosters. Probably going to be easier to get them there than Lamestop.

MSUHitman on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Weeeeooooo go earth deck.

Cards: they came out late. Lots of stores are getting them this week.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Man my old headset dosnt seem to work in vent any more. :(

So I guess ignore those invites pika im gona go hit the store and get a new mic see if that dosnt fix it.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    K. I was in a game. I wanna go to the store and buy a folder and 9 card holders. seems perfect. 18 cards per element in this set, so that's two pages per element. lay them out in the folder and pull them out when the eye tells you to to your hand. when you discard, put them back into their spot.

edit: going to store now.

edit- god damn. gotta remember to kill monsters if I'm losing.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So the game has been out now for a week or so.

Does everyone still love it?

Do I still have to buy a PS3?

Bamelin on
  • Options
    george-xgeorge-x New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I played about 4 rounds with a friend yesterday - and we were getting pretty good with the ins and outs. Went back and forth many times in one round before i took it about 40 mins later - tons of fun.

But one thing thats ruining the game is that randomly cards will stop being seen well. I'll have to SHADOW over the board for the cards to recognize, even after changing the settings for the camera recognition several times.

What kind of settings do you guys play on? It really takes away from the game when i have to fiddle for 2 or 3 minutes per round in order to just place a card...

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I had very similar issues with card recognition. I set my camera to 60mhz, then took it off of auto and use dark. It seemed to clear up my problems. The most troublesome colors for me were blue and green, once I got them working at the same time, it has been smooth sailing since.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    RedDawn wrote: »
    I had very similar issues with card recognition. I set my camera to 60mhz, then took it off of auto and use dark. It seemed to clear up my problems. The most troublesome colors for me were blue and green, once I got them working at the same time, it has been smooth sailing since.

How did you get blue and green working better? I put my cam on 60mhz and Dark as well...didnt take it off of Auto though..

Also, i got a really weird looking muddled card with no inscriptions or pictures on it...but the eye registers it! I forget what it was, but it was probably misprint or some error..I'll have to scan it when i get home and show you guys. very odd

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    PigMan11PigMan11 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I believe you have a phantom card there. Let us know what it scans as. I have 2 now, the wood "Inquisitor koog", and the water, although I haven't scanned that one.

PigMan11 on
    PSN: PigMan11
    xBox Live: PigPog
  • Options
    bfigginsbfiggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I had problems with card recognition at my friend's place. His living room is very dim. We got a desk lamp, but it caused too much glare on the cards, and lit the play field unevenly. We put the lamp on top of his entertainment center (above the TV) and it still couldn't recognize the cards. Finally we left the lamp on the entertainment center, but used a small table to raise the play mat a foot off the ground, and moved the Eye to the side of the mat...and that was it, everything worked absolutely perfectly.

bfiggins on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    PigMan11 wrote: »
    I believe you have a phantom card there. Let us know what it scans as. I have 2 now, the wood "Inquisitor koog", and the water, although I haven't scanned that one.

What's a phantom card? I mean, is it something intentional or special, or just a production mistake?

george-x on
    roster.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    It is intentional, ultra rare, and typically a very good card. I also have the Wood phantom. I haven't really played with him yet though, he came in a booster that I got after the tournament started so I'm waiting till thats over to put a new deck together.

Keep playing with your lighting. I put in these light bulbs and they work very well. They are supposed to be more natural lighting I guess. Also when I went through the camera set up I put both of my trouble cards out at the same time to make sure they were getting picked up. I then set my recognition time up to 2 sec from 1 sec.

RedDawn on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    RedDawn wrote: »
    It is intentional, ultra rare, and typically a very good card. I also have the Wood phantom. I haven't really played with him yet though, he came in a booster that I got after the tournament started so I'm waiting till thats over to put a new deck together.

So far I have the Fire phantom and the Biolith phantom. Both are scary-powerful.

Oh, for those wondering, Phantom cards are:

Racial type: Betrayer
    Cost (Summon/Action/Move): 4/2/2

They also have powerful abilities (Fire gains possession of anything on a Fire field, Biolith adds the number of non-Biolith critters to its magic attack against any Biolith critter.)

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Wood is good. traitor. Does +1 to atk when hitting an earth guy, hits both squares ahead of him. if he dies on a non earth, opponent discards for every earth square.

3heart, 2atk, 3/2/2?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oops I meant to say I have earth and water, not wood.

PigMan11 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Oh, for those wondering, Phantom cards are:

Racial type: Betrayer
    Cost (Summon/Action/Move): 4/2/2
    Pretty darn sure my earth phantom is a 3 to summon.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey! Put me on the list of players!

skyknyt: skyknyt

I had a great match last night with a guy, I totally noobed up my first two moves, and he was chuckling over his soon to be assured victory.

I put a stone wing dwarf down in the middle square (instead of the earth square like I'd wanted)
    Then I put a Soldiers card on a wood field, killing it instantly.
    I was feeling pretty dumb right there, and he laughed at my noob antics!

6 turns later and I'd won in a battle that came down to my Elven Berserker Maiden's single dodge attempt.

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I started a thread for this but was shot down, so I will post it here. Eye of Judgment is available at the Target in Tri-County, I believe 4 copies of the game. They also have the pre-made decks, but I bought all of the boosters. I picked up the fire and biolith phantoms, now I only need wood.

this is Cincinnati, OH btw.

PigMan11 on
  • Options
    FartwinkyFartwinky Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    View Post
    ok so im gonna go out on a limb here cuz im one of those newbies to the forum.

I havent found a site or forum where you can really talk about your deck. Since i probably cannot connect to play any of you guys anyways i dont see how it could hurt if i put up my normal deck list and you guys tell me what you think.

Synopsis: Red and Yellow Control - I try to juggle the following tactics in an attempt to control every aspect of the game except my own hand. Also let it be known I do not have any summoner lapses or more than one tentacles of possesion so i cannot continue strongly in any one type of control. Thus, I try to juggle the following. Protection Scamming, Possession + Field Control, Perfect dodgeness, Mana Building and distraction.

Spells:

1x Clare Wil's Banner (Makes the diff sometimes in check)
    1x Goghlie Altar (mana building)
    2x Beguiling Fog (anti big guys or ppl i possessed)
    1x Fists of Verzar (anti dodgey magic folk)
    1x Sciondar Inferno (What that guy above me said)
    1x Parmetic Holy Feast (who DOESNT have this card in there)

(no this is not too many as I have NEVER not had a use for any of these fast moving cards)

Red:

2x Freedonian Wanderer (distraction and mana threat)
    1x Pursuer of Saint Dhees (to kill big shit really)
    1x Red Cubic (distraction they always go for)
    1x Ultra rare possesion lady called the Betrayer somethin...
    1x Great Minos of Sciondar (perfect dodge)

Yellow:

1x Arelai the Protector (if u know him u gotta love it)
    2x Stone Wing Dwarf (cheap and efficient)
    2x Giant Axe Dwarf (Little bigger more efficient)
    2x Novogus Catapult (Archer damage big health and Mana Builders)

Blue:

1x Tentacles of Possession
    1x Aluhja Priestess (need some magic dmg and she can have dodge)

Green:

1x Twin Goblins (nyeah)
    1x Elven Death Dancer (ridiculously useful against dodge decks)
    1x Juno Tree Haunt (perfect dodge)

Biolith

1x Bioloith Bomber (various reasons)
    1x Arc Satellite Cannon (Big magic damage)
    1x Biolith Ninja (perfect dodge in the middle of the board)
    1x Imperial Biolith Guard (Just a decent cheap hitter)
    1x White Cubic (making your opponent flinch can mean the game)

Sorry if anyone gets pissed at me for typin so much but I'm new and didnt know if it was cool or not. Please gimme some feedbacks or suggestions.

Fartwinky on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    boucher1982boucher1982 Registered User new member
    edited November 2007
    Hey everyone;

Im stuck up here in Canada and I havn't been able to get my hands on any boosters or starters. Has anyone had any luck with this. I live in Ottawa, Ontario and know one around here seems to know when these are comming in. I've checked all the ususall places and the best bet was a comic book shop that was expecting some sure but didn't know when they would get them.

Is all of Canada SOL with these cards for now is the Ottawa region the odd man out? I'd buy them online but they're way to expensive with the shipping and they seem to be sold out most places.

PS. PSN ID is: NickBoucher if you want to add me.

boucher1982 on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Just bought this today in the UK and want to play two player with my bro but can't find starter decks anywhere, saw some theme decks on line and some places stocking boosters.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm in london so have been suprised at how it is to find these!

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    As far as I know they don't sell the starter deck seperately. I would guess that if you wanted to play each other, each with an equal deck you will have to buy 2 of the same theme deck, or get lucky with boosters and build another starter deck.

PigMan11 on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I opened up 5 booster packs yesterady (EBGames had a stack of 5) and all I got out of it were 3 Cubics (2 red, 1 green, BAH!), Biolith Ninja (good grab), and a Dancing Temptress.

That's a total of 20 boosters so far. Where's a phantom for me? I think I'll be stopping by Target to see if I can grab another 5...or more...

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    IcepickIcepick Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've found that GameStation always seem to have a lot of cards in stock (Boosters and Theme Decks), whereas GAME always *always* seems to be sold out. I'm not exactly sure where there is a Game Station in London, but you might want to consider taking a look there.

Icepick on
    sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I opened up 5 booster packs yesterady (EBGames had a stack of 5) and all I got out of it were 3 Cubics (2 red, 1 green, BAH!), Biolith Ninja (good grab), and a Dancing Temptress.

That's a total of 20 boosters so far. Where's a phantom for me? I think I'll be stopping by Target to see if I can grab another 5...or more...

Well I picked up 17 bosters from Target, and received 2 phantoms. The other 2 I have were from a lot of boosters (more than 20). I have spent way too much money on this game so far. I am putting a stop to it right now. I have plenty of cards to make a decent deck, so no more, dammit no more boosters!

Who am I kidding? Gosh I hate lying to myself.

PigMan11 on
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Where in target do they sell the cards? Is it in electronics with the game or over by the baseball/pokemone/Magic cards?

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    greeble wrote: »
    Where in target do they sell the cards? Is it in electronics with the game or over by the baseball/pokemone/Magic cards?

I have found them by the Eye of Judgment game in electronics at Target stores.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    UncleChetUncleChet N00b Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The game/cam pack are in electronics but the cards are in with the pokemon/baseball/other collectible cards that are up near the registers.

UncleChet on
    I'm sometimes grumpy and random, feel free to overlook the strange man in the corner.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    is there another thread to talk about deck ideas instead of where to buy boosters?

Fartwinky on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Fartwinky wrote: »
    is there another thread to talk about deck ideas instead of where to buy boosters?

Not really. I think this is the place. :)

Personally, I'd like to hear some more deck ideas...

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    does anyone use a good ninja deck and if so any ideas on how to hit those assholes when 3 of em are on the board and they are invisible? it wont let me target them so i have no idea how to hit em.

and where will round two postings be... posted

Fartwinky on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    does anyone use a good ninja deck and if so any ideas on how to hit those assholes when 3 of em are on the board and they are invisible? it wont let me target them so i have no idea how to hit em.

I've been struggling to make a good ninja deck for awhile now and it's difficult because of the 3 casting cost and the fact that they only have 1 offense. They are fantastic for holding a square but not so great for attacking other creatures and the 3 casting cost means that you aren't going to get them out very quickly so you are going to need offense. For awhile I was fooling around with the idea of a cubic and ninja deck and I may still build it but I'm going to need to figure out the best ratio of cards for it. Right now I just have 1 of each ninja in my normal deck, along with a bunch of other creatures. If I get to use them, great, if not it's OK.

By the way, I think the best ninja is the fire one since he gets perfect dodge for being on fire...

Round 2 will be posted Saturday morning.

Tw4win on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Tw4win wrote: »

I've been struggling to make a good ninja deck for awhile now and it's difficult because of the 3 casting cost and the fact that they only have 1 offense. They are fantastic for holding a square but not so great for attacking other creatures and the 3 casting cost means that you aren't going to get them out very quickly so you are going to need offense. For awhile I was fooling around with the idea of a cubic and ninja deck and I may still build it but I'm going to need to figure out the best ratio of cards for it. Right now I just have 1 of each ninja in my normal deck, along with a bunch of other creatures. If I get to use them, great, if not it's OK.

By the way, I think the best ninja is the fire one since he gets perfect dodge for being on fire...

Round 2 will be posted Saturday morning.

My friend I play with gets them out by focusing on only two colors like I do and the ninjas are 2 of his 3 of every other color so he has plenty and uses the yellows magic switch to kill people the fires perfect dodge and has the blue one protected with the green archers that flip you around and leapfrog archers that make you discard a f(*&&^ card every time you look at them wrong. Its the only thing I havent found a way to beat so far. I think the cubics are a good idea if u r willing to sack them as a distraction. This also saves you one mana anyways to play the ninja outright so its no biggie if it dies. but it can claim the square you want so its rdy for you next turn. Also i would recommend not FOCUSING on it but using it as a side strategy in case you run into long games where everyone is losing all their cards and dodgers count

Fartwinky on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Ninja weakness is fieldquake and push effects.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png