Options

[Judge on!] Eye of Judgment!

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    fyi, the EoJ expansion is released this week.

Wait, what?

Is it just cards or is there an additional disk to buy?

chamberlain on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    New card deck I think.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Yeah, I doubt they'll do additional discs ever unless they release EoJ 2, which I doubt will happen.

They had an article on Kotaku, which I posted a link to on this page.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    greeblegreeble Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    New cards, but I believe you need to buy an "expansion" off of psn though. At least that is what the SONY blog said a couple of months ago. It really sucks you need to buy the expansion as well as the cards, though there are supposed to be a number of improvements I'm told.

I have a feeling SONY makes very little off the cards, (probably only way they could get WotC to agree to it.) Which is why they feel the need to charge for the expansion, still sucks big time for us EoJ fans since it will split the userbase.

EDIT:
    Ahh found the blog post. It says its supposed to release for $14.99 on psn
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/03/14/the-eye-of-judgment-set-2-update/

greeble on
    PSN/steam/battle.net: greeble XBL: GreebleX

Let me tell you about Demon's Souls....
    I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I have not been too crazy about EoJ, but I'd rather hold onto the game rather than get a grand total of ten dollars from GameStop. That said, I do not think I'll be picking up the next set of cards.

At least I got the Eye out of this.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    AoiAoi Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    So I'm curious. Gamestop's site is saying that the new cards were released to stores this week. But the PSN marketplace isn't updating for two weeks, right? Is there some way to buy it from in the game? Are they releasing the cards now with no way to use them for two weeks? Kinda confused here. Anyone still following this game enough to know?

Aoi on
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Aoi wrote: »
    So I'm curious. Gamestop's site is saying that the new cards were released to stores this week. But the PSN marketplace isn't updating for two weeks, right? Is there some way to buy it from in the game? Are they releasing the cards now with no way to use them for two weeks? Kinda confused here. Anyone still following this game enough to know?

Since RockBand has an ingame store and isn't being updated, I bet the same is the case with EoJ. So yeah there probably is no way to use them now. But considering how screwed up the distribution system was before, I don't see it being much of a problem.

greeble on

I’ll tell you what happens in Demon’s Souls when you die. You come back as a ghost with your health capped at half. And when you keep on dying, the alignment of the world turns black and the enemies get harder. That’s right, when you fail in this game, it gets harder. Why? Because fuck you is why.
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    We got some of the new set cards in store today.

Realized I hadnt played the game since damn near release for it, and Im considering getting some... but having to buy a friggin expansion pack for it to use them? That is a load of crap. I seriously hope that isnt accurate.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I would have been playing this religiously, but for some reason I can't get the lighting here to play nice with the eye. =(

Elementalor on
    Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I was going to pick up series two, but I refuse to pay for an update and for cards.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    So, in order to use the series two cards, you have to purchase an update online? How much is the update?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Ryadic wrote: »
    So, in order to use the series two cards, you have to purchase an update online? How much is the update?

I hear it's gonna be 14.99 from the ps3 blog. I already got my series 2 cards, so i'll be playing once they release the update.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    That's just a lot of money. I think the update should come with an booster pack or two.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    I really liked EoJ but it was such a hassle setting up my space for the game

Bamelin on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    i just bought this because it's cheaper in canada than it even is to by the eye alone in australia, and i was always mildly interested.

what i want to know is - has anyone had any luck printing cards? is there a resource for that? before you rip my head off, know that i wouldn't use it to play online or anything, just with my girlfriend at home - not even in vancouver have i had any luck finding the cards to buy and there are about 2 australian listings on ebay. i just need to print off some chaff to fill out two full decks of 30

unless anyone has any suggestions for where to get them cheap in the lower mainland of b.c. and/or sydney?

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2008
    Not only can you print the cards, but you can also draw the cards. It's insane, but they had the story posted up on kotaku. Try to google it.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HarakhtiHarakhti Registered User regular
    edited April 2008
    Amazon has EoJ for 42.99. Might wanna hustle on it. Seems like it could end at anytime.

Harakhti on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    CheapAss Gamer is saying WalMart dropped the Eye of Judgement bundle down to $29.92.

I think I am going to pick it up after work :D

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    HarakhtiHarakhti Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If you want the PS Eye I'd say go for it. Really though, the game is poor and there's really no reason to get either imo. There's no other games that make use of the camera outside of a couple novelty games that stop being novel after 5 seconds. About the only thing you can really use it for is video chat. Woo..

Harakhti on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    This is what I use the camera for....

Microphone for voice chat. Doesn't work real well on open mic games because it picks up room noise, but is pretty damn good for push to talk. I also use instead of my Bluetooth headset when I want to use my Headphones. (Late at night when I can't crank up the Surround sound)

Burnout Paradise: Take license picture. When you get taken down it snaps a photo of you and sends to the guy that took you down.

Singstar: Records a 30 second video and takes snaps shots of you during your performace. You can upload and share these videos.

So yeah not real useful, but still kinda fun and not bad for $30. (I certainly got $30 worth out of EoJ alone)

greeble on

• Options
    edited July 2008
    Aww, I like the game. I wouldn't say it was poor. It was a touch odd to figure out the deck building, IMO, and the cards are expensive for the number you get in a booster, and the expansion software costs too much... Okay, I'm not making my case very well here, but it is a fun game.

I'm amazed that the damned thing still costs as much as it does though for boosters. I went to a gaming expo called Origins a couple weeks ago, and they have a good card liquidator there. Just tons of booster and starter boxes from every game you can imagine for dirt cheap, a lot of booster boxes can be gotten for single digits to low to mid teens costwise. Anyway, they had EOJ booster boxes, both base and expansion sets, and both were still going for 90+ per box :? They had a dozen+ boxes of each, too. I've not seen these damned things anywhere other than a target when the original set first came out, yet they had all these full booster boxes. A couple stores had them in like this, and no cheaper either. If the game failed for any reason, it's the damned price and availability. Love the concept, fun execution, and friggin killed by the price.

Aoi on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So are people still playing this?

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    pheknophekno Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I would love to continue playing this seeing as how I just bought a house and now have a nice, well-lit place to play in, but I can't bring myself to now have to buy a software add-on in order to use the new booster packs that are our. But again, I just bought a house and buying booster packs aren't really in the budget.

phekno on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I still play with friends from time to time. But because of the serries 2 bullshit I stay away from online.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I would play with some series 1 people from around here. I never have actually played it online sadly enough.

Aoi on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'll check if your on my flist maybe we can get a game on some time.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    i've been playing with just the original series of cards for ages and i reckon it's a great game, especially for local multiplayer. the computer is also a fun challenge, i had a good time unlocking more decks for it to use

i lost the drive to actually invest more money in it almost immediately but i don't think that hurts at all. the core game behind it stands up really well

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    LotharsLothars Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hey I was wondering if you guys would recommend me to pick up eye of judgement?

I found it new for 44.99 and am really tempted to pick it up but I mainly want it for the camera, so I am unsure of the game

any thoughts?

Lothars on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    If you like CCG's they I say at that price it's a preaty good deal. If not then check out what kind of deal you can get on the camera stand alone.

Said it before the serries 1 cards are balanced realy well. There are common counters for every major powerful combo in the game. Ultimatly it's your call.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is Series 2 any good?

I actually invested in a booster box of series 1, but then got annoyed at having to set up the camera every time I wanted to play.

I've thought of going back online, but I'm unsure if anyone actually plays series 1 online anymore. I don't really want to put anymore cash into the game thus I never bought into series 2

Bamelin on
  • Options
    antifoodantifood Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I just picked this game up at Wal-mart for thirty dollars. After doing so, I went over to Gamefaqs to check out some information about the various decks. I came across a tournament site. I have no idea on the quality, but it might be interesting for those having trouble finding games. The site: http://lbshooters.com/

Now my question, if I am only be able to play single player and/or online multi, is it worth investing in the cards? Or should I just be happy I got a cheap Playstation Eye?

antifood on
  • Options
    RoxtarRoxtar Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lothars wrote: »
    Hey I was wondering if you guys would recommend me to pick up eye of judgement?

I found it new for 44.99 and am really tempted to pick it up but I mainly want it for the camera, so I am unsure of the game

any thoughts?
    I picked it up mainly for the camera (singstar addict) but the game itself is decent but a little simplistic (would appreciate more squares). It takes awile to learn to sync up certain cards to the camera (some cards have you hold them in front of the camera to play them). Rare cards dont necessarily make winning decks which is nice. Its also playable with a friend if you want to random up a deck which is cool if you have board gaming friends (Talisman player so I still board game). You need a certain number of cards tho, 40 I think? Requires some extra buying. All in all its not a bad bonus if you want the camera, I would debate buying it as a stand alone but still probably buy it.

Roxtar on
  • Options
    RoxtarRoxtar Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So are people still playing this?

Last time I checked I had no problem getting an online game up and running. But I dunno if its dwindled out. (havent checked for about a month). Warning though, online players are brutal. You'll be lucky to win a game within you first 10-20.

Roxtar on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    So supposedly there's a third expansion now, and they're making a new disc with all 3 sets built right in. No idea on the price or if it'll be sold standalone, but that might stir up some interest again.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    So supposedly there's a third expansion now, and they're making a new disc with all 3 sets built right in. No idea on the price or if it'll be sold standalone, but that might stir up some interest again.

It's a dickish move that I won't forgive to charge us for the privilege to buy cards

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    AggroChan wrote: »

It's a dickish move that I won't forgive to charge us for the privilege to buy cards

Or it might stir up nerdrage, whatever. :P

I think Sony's charging for the updates because they realized that people are just printing the cards, and WoTC said "Fuck you, you said this shit was uncopyable, pay us."

PeregrineFalcon on
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    AggroChan wrote: »

Or it might stir up nerdrage, whatever. :P

I think Sony's charging for the updates because they realized that people are just printing the cards, and WoTC said "Fuck you, you said this shit was uncopyable, pay us."

Apparently, it's due to the work needed to render the new monsters along with the printing of new cards but I just can't afford to buy the cards along with the right to be able to use the cards :/

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    no, they're charging because they never made money on the cards, it basically all went to wotc. so if you expect support on the development end, you need to pay for it through something other than the boosters

i thought this was a great game - as a local, offline boardgame with a robust but fixed batch of cards. i payed a lot to get set up, but that's it. it's totally impractical to keep up with it competitively

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I kept seeing this game, and I always kinda wanted it, but I don't really have anywhere to play it, considering the layout of my room. It may just be impossible unless I move the PS3, and I'm not moving it out of my room for a single game. But I always consider it from the POV of "Well...maybe I -can- make it work."

So, I have a question. Do they still release the game with the Playstation Eye, or do you have to buy them seperately now?

Darth_Mogs on
    Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    I kept seeing this game, and I always kinda wanted it, but I don't really have anywhere to play it, considering the layout of my room. It may just be impossible unless I move the PS3, and I'm not moving it out of my room for a single game. But I always consider it from the POV of "Well...maybe I -can- make it work."

So, I have a question. Do they still release the game with the Playstation Eye, or do you have to buy them seperately now?

USB extension cable(s) are a necessity for this game - the Eye still works fine with one 6' on the end, can't speak for more than that.

They still release it with the PS Eye only, IIRC, but if I were you I'd wait to see if the EoJ Complete version will come to fruition.
    bsjezz wrote: »
    i thought this was a great game - as a local, offline boardgame with a robust but fixed batch of cards. i payed a lot to get set up, but that's it. it's totally impractical to keep up with it competitively

Bolded text pretty much applies to any game. It's not only impractical, but then you stop playing the game for fun and start getting all SRS BZNZ on people. And as we all know, only the Internet is Serious Business.

PeregrineFalcon on