Options

Metal Gear Solid 4 delayed to Q2 of 2008: Inflammatory Thread Title Here

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    That is hardly "concrete."

Well, if you want to put all your faith in a website I think a large percentage of people here haven't even heard of...

...I mean, if that's your deal. Your thing.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It has repeatedly been stated that the game is being designed around the ps3.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

That doesn't mean that much. I'm not saying it will be on the 360, but that doesn't mean it won't be on the 360. Games designed around a console have been ported to other consoles plenty of times.

Couscous on
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    titmouse wrote: »

That doesn't mean that much. I'm not saying it will be on the 360, but that doesn't mean it won't be on the 360. Games designed around a console have been ported to other consoles plenty of times.

They've been ported plenty of times.

The results, however, defintely vary. Remember MGS2 Substance? Oh fuck.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    And Kojima has hated them and said he would have no part in something like that again. I mean MGS was turned into Twin Snakes and I think he liked it, but that was a remake.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    I think most people realized that MGS4 is going to the 360 when no one could deny it and a Konami exec stated that it could.

A year late kinda sucks, but at least I'll get to play it without forking over the cash for another system.

Sheep on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    For what it's worth I consider XboxFamily to be a fairly reliable source. The guys that run that site are fairly well connected and would not say X is true unless there is a very good chance that it is.

This is very big news ... another PS3 exclusive down the drain? Even if it's a year late on the 360 this removes one of the few reasons some people have to get a PS3.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    I'll believe it when I see it.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Bamelin wrote: »
    For what it's worth I consider XboxFamily to be a fairly reliable source. The guys that run that site are fairly well connected and would not say X is true unless there is a very good chance that it is.

This is very big news ... another PS3 exclusive down the drain?

Considering year-long exclusivity, regardless if it's a transitional thing or a contract, kind of nullfies the "down the tubes" line of thinking. If they were simultaneous releases, you could definitley say it.

As of yet, we simply just don't know. I just felt like spurring some conversation and this seemed like a smoldering topic in need of a little fuel. :lol:

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    The game will have to sell a a million on day one just to make a profit. If the company thinks that they can't make a profit on the PS3, they will definitely port it.

Couscous on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    The game will have to sell a a million on day one just to make a profit. If the company thinks that they can't make a profit on the PS3, they will definitely port it.

I'm sure the ZOMG HUGE SUCCESS other third parties have had on the 360 recently has pretty much solidified MGS4's port.

Sheep on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Bamelin wrote: »

This is very big news ... another PS3 exclusive down the drain?

Considering year-long exclusivity, regardless if it's a transitional thing or a contract, kind of nullfies the "down the tubes" line of thinking. If they were simultaneous releases, you could definitley say it.

As of yet, we simply just don't know. I just felt like spurring some conversation and this seemed like a smoldering topic in need of a little fuel. :lol:

a "little" fuel? :P

mushroomey9.gif

Bamelin on
  • Options
    notagamenotagame Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I think it really depends on how MGS4 does on the PS3. If it does great then we won't ever see a xbox360 version or at least won't see it for a while. If it doesn't do great then it's pretty safe to assume Konami will port it over to the 360 to help recover their investment.

notagame on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    notagame wrote: »
    I think it really depends on how MGS4 does on the PS3. If it does great then we won't ever see a xbox360 version or at least won't see it for a while. If it doesn't do great then it's pretty safe to assume Konami will port it over to the 360 to help recover their investment.

From a business perspective, I don't think that's as viable an option. In all likelyhood, Konami has already decided on whether or not to start porting MGS4 over.

Considering the scope of the game, and the OCD-like method Kojima makes his MGS games, AND also the difficulty of porting from PS3 to 360 (especially a game with visual prowess like this), AND the timeline of interest that people will wait for the port...

Well, I'm of the school of thought that either they're working on it now, or they never will.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I'm waiting for the Wii port, personally.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

Metal Gear Solid : Quadruple Snakes?

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

hear, hear!

In all seriousness I'd kill for a waggle port of Snake Eater.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I wonder if there's going to be another version of 4 like there was for 2 and 3.

jothki on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Metal Gear Solid
    Metal Gear Solid:Integral
    Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty
    Metal Gear Solid 2:Substance
    Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater
    Metal Gear Solid 3:Subsistance

I'd say there is a decent chance...

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Subwaydeliciousance
    It will be the company experimenting with product advertisement.

Couscous on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Submarine
    Okay, so we're running out of words that start with "sub."

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Now that I have a PS3, I'd like to go ahead and reaffirm that anyone suggesting this can't or won't ever be ported to the Xbox 360 is daft. I rather enjoy my PS3 a lot more than I expected to, but there's no reason to believe that MGS4 won't come to the 360 eventually.

However, that XboxFamily.com "concrete" rumor is nothing more than a wistful stab at site traffic. It is nonsense.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Superstitchience

Drez on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Honestly, any time you have to say "this is not a rumor," you might as well paint your face in rumorpaint because it's as rumortastic as you can get. "This is not a rumor" is tabloidspeak and it almost never actually amounts to anything that isn't a rumor.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    C-c-c-c-c-combo breaker!

MGS 4 on PC, 360, Amiga, whatever. It might happen. I think its more like thand MGS4:Subtank will be the one to get the port.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Unknown Pleasures

LewieP on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Ripoff Edition

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Metal Gear Solid 4: Framerates!

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    paco_pepepaco_pepe Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »

Metal Gear Solid: Two Snakes Duct Taped Together??

i think i did it wrong.

paco_pepe on
    Paco+Pepper.png
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    paco_pepe wrote: »

i think i did it very very right.
    fix'd

LewieP on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited January 2008

i think i did it wrong.

That was my joke yes.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited January 2008

i think i did it wrong.

That was my joke yes.

Metal Gear Solid: Smooth Moves

Drez on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Now THAT would be an awesome spinoff.

The Neck Breaker.

Hold the Wii Remote vertically and quickly twist it.

Like twisting the cap off a soda bottle, or ending the life of a GRU soldier, just married and sent back into the front.

Both require no hesitation and go down smooth.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Metal Gear Solid: Raving Rabbids

Metal Gear Solid Strikers

Metal Gear Solid Party

Metal Gear Solid Tennis

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sleep wrote: »

I'm sure the ZOMG HUGE SUCCESS other third parties have had on the 360 recently has pretty much solidified MGS4's port.

There is one problem with these statements, Metal Gear has never sold well on a console other than the Playstations.

I'm not saying a 360 port is impossible, I just will not believe it until I see it for many reasons. There will also be a lot of cost in port this game. It was specifically designed for the PS3 architecture so the code will have to be re-worked. It's so big that it coming on a duel-layer blu-ray, so it would have to be on at least 4 duel-layer DVDs. That isn't cheap with the cost of the extra pressing and the game case.

The other unique thing is that Konami has limited say here because Kojima own the metal gear IP. So unlike in most cases they can't just do it. And quite frankly, in this case the 360 version would probably suck compared to the PS3 version.

Dark Shroud on
  • Options
    plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Never? I understood the gamecube of MGS1 version did quite well.

plufim on
    3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Metal Gear Solid: Raving Rabbids

Metal Gear Solid Strikers

Metal Gear Solid Party

Metal Gear Solid Tennis

I lold. :P

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    Inglorious CoyoteInglorious Coyote Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    The other unique thing is that Konami has limited say here because Kojima own the metal gear IP
    Uh, since when?

Inglorious Coyote on
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    And for the record, the whole thing about MGS4 having to sell a million in one day is a rumor/misquote. Can you guys get over that one?

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    fkn creepfkn creep Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I actually like the 360 controller a lot better than the dual shock. I'm replaying MGS3 and it took me a while to figure out how to grab someone without chopping their trachea out. Here's to hoping MGS4 gets a port so I don't have to buy a PS3 and return it when i'm done with MGS4.

fkn creep on
    t1g3rstyl3.png