Options

New Simpsons Game

2»

• Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I am on of the two semi-serious lifelong gamers who enjoyed Enter the Matrix, for the most part. Of course, when I was playing it, I still had faith in the Matrix franchise as a whole.

Anyways, what is wrong with the Wii version? Just worse graphics, or is it something...more insidious.

I guess I'm the other one. We'll I didn't enjoy it for the most part. About 1/3 of the levels were fun and the cutscenes were great. The other 2/3's of the game I slogged through for the cutscenes.

I also like the third movie. I also like dvd version of the second movie; meaning the one where when the orgasm and rave scenes come up I hit the chapter forward button and pretend the movie is 15 minutes shorter and so much better.

Of course Path of Neo was terrible and I feel so bad for the dev team on that as the game got delayed a few times so that they could make it better. Of course it came out on the PS2 and thus every other version got hit with bad graphics and constant loads which sure didn't help. If you skipped that game, because you thought it would be a bad licensed game you made the right choice.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Anyways, what is wrong with the Wii version? Just worse graphics, or is it something...more insidious.

The controls for the game are hard to get used to. I would say that if you are really thinking about getting the Wii version, that you should rent it first to see if you like it

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Cronus wrote: »
    I am on of the two semi-serious lifelong gamers who enjoyed Enter the Matrix, for the most part. Of course, when I was playing it, I still had faith in the Matrix franchise as a whole.

I guess I'm the other one. We'll I didn't enjoy it for the most part. About 1/3 of the levels were fun and the cutscenes were great. The other 2/3's of the game I slogged through for the cutscenes.

I also like the third movie. I also like dvd version of the second movie; meaning the one where when the orgasm and rave scenes come up I hit the chapter forward button and pretend the movie is 15 minutes shorter and so much better.

Of course Path of Neo was terrible and I feel so bad for the dev team on that as the game got delayed a few times so that they could make it better. Of course it came out on the PS2 and thus every other version got hit with bad graphics and constant loads which sure didn't help. If you skipped that game, because you thought it would be a bad licensed game you made the right choice.
    I Loved the third movie and never understood peoples complaints. I mean how can it get to phylisophical and be a boring slug fest?

nightmarenny on
    Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Cronus wrote: »

I Loved the third movie and never understood peoples complaints. I mean how can it get to phylisophical and be a boring slug fest?

oh man, you're kidding, right?

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I mean how can it get to phylisophical and be a boring slug fest?
    I wish I could meet the Wachowskis in person and ask them the same thing. Because they fucking pulled it off.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    PingPong wrote: »
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Inzigna wrote: »
    Wrote out a super long post. Long story short I really liked this game and would like to discuss what the quality of this game bodes for future games of licensed properties.
    As long as anything is based on anything else, general rule is that they suck or perform 'okay'.

You can't break this rule, I know this for a fact. Actually, I don't, but you still can't break this rule.

Goldeneye and Chronicles of Riddick would like a few polite words with you about that.

As would Transformers: Armada, which was a fine PS2 game.
    I'm not even going to try and apply your statement to non-games, as it just makes you look stupid. (Fight Club? Clockwork Orange? 2001?)

I don;t think that game was TAGGED as armada, was it? I do remember fighting Tidal Wave though, who was monstrously big
    It was in America.
    Apparantly.
    But in PAL land it was indeed just called Transformers.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    NorfairNorfair Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    PingPong wrote: »
    Wrote out a super long post. Long story short I really liked this game and would like to discuss what the quality of this game bodes for future games of licensed properties.
    As long as anything is based on anything else, general rule is that they suck or perform 'okay'.

You can't break this rule, I know this for a fact. Actually, I don't, but you still can't break this rule.

Goldeneye and Chronicles of Riddick would like a few polite words with you about that.

As would Transformers: Armada, which was a fine PS2 game.
    I'm not even going to try and apply your statement to non-games, as it just makes you look stupid. (Fight Club? Clockwork Orange? 2001?)

I don;t think that game was TAGGED as armada, was it? I do remember fighting Tidal Wave though, who was monstrously big
    It was in America.
    Apparantly.
    But in PAL land it was indeed just called Transformers.

It wasn't called Armada in the US, either. Just Transformers. (I still have the game; I checked. Just Transformers on the cover, disc, and spine.) It *was* originally advertised as Transformers: Armada, though, for a fall 2003 release. But it didn't come out until mid-2004 (not sure when it came out in PAL-land).

...Er. Anyway, a quick glance around the intertubes shows people saying that the Wii version has had content cut, compared to the 360 version. No idea if it's true, though. If I bother with this game, it'll only be as a rental or bargain bin title. I have too much to play and buy now as it is.

Norfair on
  • Options
    JetBlackCenterJetBlackCenter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Lion King on SNES.

I just broke your rule.

JetBlackCenter on
    schoolrumble4wh6zd.gif341.gif
    BRAWL CODE: 3866-7685-8500
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Lion King on SNES.

I just broke your rule.

Why go so far as Disney? Simpsons arcade game.

Aydr on