As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

"No problem, dear, I'll handle that!" (Relocating Blues)

mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
edited October 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My fiancee's college education is going to take her west over the Cascade Mountains to Seattle, Redmond or one of the surrounding areas... and, I've heroically shouldered the burden of finagling the logistics of it all.

Which seemed to be a good start, but then I started hearing the horror stories of 4 hour commutes to and from work; or the "big city issues" of crime; and it suddenly occured to us, "We really don't know crap about Seattle, Redmond or one of the surrounding areas."

I've looked into the Seattle city website, but the mass of information seems slanted for people ALREADY THERE, as opposed to people who want to relocate there - what kinds of resources should I be exploiting to prepare for our great journey into the urban sprawl?

mrsnackroad on

• ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2007
    Tacoma isn't that bad from what I saw when I was there for a week. Might want to check out Tacoma if she's gonna be in Seattle.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen