As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CoH/CoV] Chat: Big patch! Spring Fling event! ITT we plan Accualt's wedding.

• Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So if Virture is the 'unofficial RP server', what are the other servers like? Freedom is the only other one I ever see getting two dots.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    So if Virture is the 'unofficial RP server', what are the other servers like? Freedom is the only other one I ever see getting two dots.

One of them is also the unofficial gay and lesbian server..forget which. Most of the servers besides freedom and virtue are quite dead at times. It would be nice to see the lesser servers rolled together but that is too much of a problem for names.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    VoraciousAardvarkVoraciousAardvark Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, I'm in, villians side, Major Warcrime, tech corrupter. Lets see if I remember how to not suck.

VoraciousAardvark on
    DirectLogo.jpg
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    marty_0001 wrote: »

One of them is also the unofficial gay and lesbian server..forget which. Most of the servers besides freedom and virtue are quite dead at times. It would be nice to see the lesser servers rolled together but that is too much of a problem for names.

Justice I think. There's a "PvP" server, think it might be Freedom.

Scooter on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Freedom is PvP
    Victory is LGBT.

Accualt on
  • Options
    SpongeCakeSpongeCake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »
    Freedom is PvP
    Victory is LGBT.

Seems like it should be the other way 'round.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Hey

I am gauging interest in a thing here.

Would people be interested in participating in a weekly RP event thing, complete with making new characters and stuff for it?

I have all kinds of events and stories and stuff I've written up and think it would be sorta neat to try.

RP in CoH, like most MMORPGs, generally sees people sitting around the tavern (Pocket D) and basically circle-jerking about their backstories and trying to cyber.

Laaaaaaaaaaame.

I am thinking, why can't it be something like say, Neverwinter Nights online? Have a "GM" player who runs events and people show up and participate, like having a weekly D&D campaign.

Are people interested in this idea perhaps?

Pony on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i would be interested in that...as long as there is circle jerking involved at SOME point in all events

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I would be in on that so hard, but I suspect my terminal Britishness would present timing-based difficulties.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't have enough slots to be rolling new alts!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    There's always room for alts.

SpongeCake on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    Hey

I am gauging interest in a thing here.

Would people be interested in participating in a weekly RP event thing, complete with making new characters and stuff for it?

I have all kinds of events and stories and stuff I've written up and think it would be sorta neat to try.

RP in CoH, like most MMORPGs, generally sees people sitting around the tavern (Pocket D) and basically circle-jerking about their backstories and trying to cyber.

Laaaaaaaaaaame.

I am thinking, why can't it be something like say, Neverwinter Nights online? Have a "GM" player who runs events and people show up and participate, like having a weekly D&D campaign.

Are people interested in this idea perhaps?

Are we talking about doing RP while running missions, or what exactly here?

I'm already planning to delete and reroll 2 alts for i11, so I'd be more likely to get in on it if I could fit one of those or an existing character in for it.

Scooter on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm not signing up as it happens. Me and the gf are playing eq2 instead. Sorry gear.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I could be interested if you'd provide more details. I want to reroll my Scrapper for i11 anyway.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'm not signing up as it happens. Me and the gf are playing eq2 instead. Sorry gear.

You are dead to me.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

You are dead to me.

Again?

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    edited November 2007

You are dead to me.

Again?

No just dead now..not undead.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well, here was the idea:

I'd put together a team, based around a particular theme (I've got several ideas in development).

We'd meet up on regular intervals, and we'd do specific missions and storylines. This is where Ouroboros is important, as nobody will miss out that way and we can all get the arcs and stuff.

The mission choices would guide towards specific storylines I have in mind (I've got a whole bunch of stuff written for this, based on hours pouring over ParagonWiki).

Additionally, there would be RP Events I'd run for the group. Most of these would be PvP oriented, throwing you against a variety of characters. Some will be other characters to interact with in more social encounters. Some will require you getting specific items (like Salvage) from characters I've pre-gen'd and set up, which might require you to do some tasks to get it from them.

It's a lot of the sort of tabletop RPG things you would normally do. Think of me as the GM of sorts, and the characters I throw you against and interacting with as NPCs.

I've put quite a bit of thought and work into this, but it's the sort of thing I'd only commit to if there was sufficient interest.

Pony on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pony, I would LOVE to do something like this. Hell, it even give me a reason to dust off an old character or reroll one.

What group theme type and character archtypes did you have in mind?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Is it out yeeeeet

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    Is it out yeeeeet

Nope. I11 Should be out before December 10. First week of December is probable.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It seems awfully hard to have characters to either fight against, or fight with, that the GM controls when it takes time to level them up.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Dammit Pony, spending hours pouring over Pwiki does not sound like Unified work to me!

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm curious how this would work myself. How would you go about getting the missions you need to tell your story? I haven't been playing I11 in test so perhaps Ouroborous is versatile enough to provide the proper mission at will, but otherwise it seems very tricky.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I'd be up for something like this if you do it at a time I can play.

gurusloth on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

You are dead to me.

Again?

I meant: "I think you said that last time too, so that's twice now."

8-)

Morninglord on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Mysst wrote: »
    Dammit Pony, spending hours pouring over Pwiki does not sound like Unified work to me!

Did you know that I recently re-did the character creation and combat system for Unified?

The whole level schema is different and everything (Challenge Level is an average of your Power Level and Versatility Level, Attributes are no longer sorted into Major and Minor but rather Array and Singular, etc.)

I'm keeping version 3 quiet though until it's undergone more testing.
    gurusloth wrote: »
    I'm curious how this would work myself. How would you go about getting the missions you need to tell your story? I haven't been playing I11 in test so perhaps Ouroborous is versatile enough to provide the proper mission at will, but otherwise it seems very tricky.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I'd be up for something like this if you do it at a time I can play.

you can do any of the available missions for your level range through Ouroboros. Anyone who is over the level range for those missions are exemplar'd down (like being in a TF) and anyone who is under the level range can be sidekicked up.

Based on my current schedule, rather than doing it on a regular day of the week (like every tuesday or something) I'd do it on specific nights, and I'd let everyone know way ahead of time of the dates and people can make themselves available or not.
    Septus wrote: »
    It seems awfully hard to have characters to either fight against, or fight with, that the GM controls when it takes time to level them up.

Not really. For one, I've got a few of them levelled up already (I've been working on this for a while) and for two, when you do stuff like PvP zones or Arenas it sets people at specific levels anyway.

Well, the interest seems to be there, at least. I'll hammer out the proposals and you guys can decide. When we've got something more nailed down, I'll make a thread.

Pony on
  • Options
    BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pony, that sounds absolutely kickass, and the only kind of CoX RP I'd really be interested in (short of BEEF SQUAD, of course). Count me in, at least whenever I can be there. Working the morning shift makes my nighttime gaming a bit iffy.

Also, the mere mention of Unified is enough to send me into a nerd frenzy.

Bitstream on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd rather roleplay on the new Wizards D&D online software thingy when it comes out, but it doesn't sound like a half bad idea.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

You are dead to me.

Again?

I meant: "I think you said that last time too, so that's twice now."

8-)

Ya I got that..was making joak.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Looks like we're getting a version of WoW's armory.

Click

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Well we got purple ultra rares already. 40 man raid dungeons next.

Gear Girl on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Corvus wrote: »

Click

Shit, they announced that before CoH even launched.
    I guess late is better than never.

Accualt on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    WebOptions2.jpg

HEY BLIZZARD

YOU SEE THIS? THIS STUFF RIGHT HERE? THESE OPTIONS?

FUCKING DO THEM.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    crazy....i think it and it comes true!

i was wondering why they didn't have this just yesterday when looking at my EQ2 players stuff...sweet! and nice to be able to turn certain parts off

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    A_ccualt wrote: »
    Corvus wrote: »

Click

Shit, they announced that before CoH even launched.
    I guess late is better than never.

I'm thinking maybe they could never get it done with the servers being run by NCSoft and Cryptic doing the game. With them both under the same company now, less hassles I guess.

Corvus on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    korodullin wrote: »
    WebOptions2.jpg

HEY BLIZZARD

FUCKING DO THEM.

Amusingly, we've had these options on and off for years despite not having them do anything. ;-)

Corvus on
  • Options
    InxInx Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd be down for that, too.

Once I find money to resurrect my account.

Inx on
  • Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've been debating the state of PVP on the forums, despite never really partaking in PVP. Does that make me a bad person? I do hope one day they devote an issue to PVP though, that would make my day.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've been debating the state of PVP on the forums, despite never really partaking in PVP. Does that make me a bad person? I do hope one day they devote an issue to PVP though, that would make my day.

It was called Issue 4. It is not generally fondly remembered.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    Al BaronAl Baron Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    korodullin wrote: »
    WebOptions2.jpg

HEY BLIZZARD

FUCKING DO THEM.
    tinfoilhatow1.jpg

I mean, it's not like fucking Myspace with personal info and all that jazz (Friends list being the exception, here.)

Al Baron on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.