Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[CoH/CoV] Chat: Big patch! Spring Fling event! ITT we plan Accualt's wedding.

1679111262

Posts

  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I don't have WinRAR on this computer, so it doesn't work for me.
    Doesn't really matter, either, since I can download it through PlayNC. I just need $15.

    Me Too! on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    You have no program on your PC that can open a .zip file? Because it's a .zip file and nor a .rar.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Gouka, are you still playing this game you fag?



    Because I'm about to come back and I need you to level my tank immediately.

    Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Gear GirlGear Girl Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Grove wrote: »
    Gouka, are you still playing this game you fag?



    Because I'm about to come back and I need you to level my tank immediately.

    Hey Grove do you have a steam account..or x-fire?

    Gear Girl on
    steam_sig.png
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, are you back from working, I don't play to often even though my account is active, been playing TF2 for the most part, I'll level your tank if you ever come back though.

    Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Heh, just messing around man, wanted to see if you're still on. Yeah I'm planning on coming back to the game later this week. I won't be on all the time but I'd like to pick it back up now that I have some time on my hands.

    Grove on
    Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    When and where is this sidekicking going on and may I please be helped?

    Goose! on
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'm in now as well, though I didn't have much time to play around with this today before I had to head in to work.

    I've got to do some research to study the archetypes a bit more before I decide on a permanent character, but so far it looks promising.

    citizen059 on
    steam_sig.png
  • LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Add lepwave to steam if you ever use it grove and pm me.

    Lepwave on
    XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I've been going through some of the character guides on the official forums, and I think that was a mistake.

    Most of those posts are so heavy on acronyms, it's like trying to understand a foreign language. ;)

    For those of you who've been playing this for some time, what archetype/powers/etc would you recommend as a "good start" for a new player learning the game who's likely to be solo much of the time due to odd playing times? ;)

    citizen059 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    citizen059 wrote: »
    I've been going through some of the character guides on the official forums, and I think that was a mistake.

    Most of those posts are so heavy on acronyms, it's like trying to understand a foreign language. ;)

    For those of you who've been playing this for some time, what archetype/powers/etc would you recommend as a "good start" for a new player learning the game who's likely to be solo much of the time due to odd playing times? ;)

    Scrapper for heroside, I don't have much experience with villains.
    Scrappers have the damage output and survivability to solo pretty much all the way to 50. Tanks can also solo decently, but slower than a scrapper will.

    Pretty much all of the scrapper powersets are good, though some play pretty differently from others. I'd suggest trying a couple different combinations to see what suits you best.

    Last Son on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Scrapper or Brute depending on the side are probably the best ATs for beginners.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    for real easy mode, */regen scrapper.

    */Super Reflex might take a bit of work (it's a tad endurance heavy) but is still soloable.

    Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    Yeah, so I took Victorious to the test server to give Orouboros a spin.

    Only to discover I have done almost every story arc available to the character.

    I had no idea I had done so much with him.

    Then again, he was my first CoV character that I made when it came out.

    He's still only level 32

    you might have to have the contacts unlocked before you have access to them in a flashback (like TV or Slot Machine).

    Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'll be coming back when I11 hits as well. I have my eyes on a very specific mace build and look that I can't wait to try out.

    I kind of wish there were more options for axes but oh well.

    Level 1 characters get access to most of the weapon choices right? This is important.

    EDIT: Just checked PU. Perfect. Exactly what I need from the word go.

    EDIT EDIT: Oh my god and the new hairstyle are completely fucking perfect. I am so coming back, I11 just needs to go live.

    SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    yeah pretty much all around i11 is a fantastic issue

    i was gonna say i9 was the best issue of the year because i loves them IOs but

    man

    ouroboros is so fuckin rad

    Pony on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Unless they change it before release, my Stalker will be pounding out level 50 off of double xp mission arcs.

    I want that particular grind to be over and done with so I can concentrate on other villains.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • SpaceDrakeSpaceDrake Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Pony wrote: »
    yeah pretty much all around i11 is a fantastic issue

    i was gonna say i9 was the best issue of the year because i loves them IOs but

    man

    ouroboros is so fuckin rad

    This issue fixes about 85% of the issues I ever had with CoX. More hair options (including guy options that aren't RETARDED), weapon customization, the chance to be a suave swashbuckler hero, the chance to go back and do stuff you might have missed and get proper credit for it.

    About the only worries I have is that a lot of the archvillain fights still won't be as tightly designed as the ones in, say, WoW, but it looks like I10 and I11 have been dealing with that heavily. Unfortuntately that won't trickle down to the legacy content. Also CoV still has performance issues. And the character creator still has one flaw: eye color is linked to your facial choice still. This has been an issue with a few of my characters. (The faces in general are a bit dated at this point but that's a tech issue now.)

    However, there's been so much improvement in the past few issues that it's basically impossible to not at least check it out now. I still need to wait till I11 (partially because I need to make a little room on my credit card), but I'm very interested.

    SpaceDrake on
    pa_sig.jpg
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    korodullin wrote: »
    Unless they change it before release, my Stalker will be pounding out level 50 off of double xp mission arcs.

    I want that particular grind to be over and done with so I can concentrate on other villains.

    Double xp how?

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    korodullin wrote: »
    Unless they change it before release, my Stalker will be pounding out level 50 off of double xp mission arcs.

    I want that particular grind to be over and done with so I can concentrate on other villains.

    Double xp how?

    Well, when you complete a mission that's in your level range in the Ouroborous Flashback stuff, you get double the mission complete exp and inf.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So once i11 hits, there's no reason to do story missions normally, outside of the system?

    Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I haven't had much of a chance to play in the last week, but I'll still be lurking. Probably have quite a bit more time to play next week, as I have the entire week off (9 days off here I come).

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Septus wrote: »
    So once i11 hits, there's no reason to do story missions normally, outside of the system?

    You don't get XP within the mission for stomping on dudes, though.

    Pony on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well, yeah there is. Flashback doesn't let you do every mission, and you still have to manually unlock some of the contacts to get access to them in Flashback.
    Pony wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    So once i11 hits, there's no reason to do story missions normally, outside of the system?

    You don't get XP within the mission for stomping on dudes, though.

    Err... yeah you do. If you select the mission level bracket that you're in.

    If you're level 40 and choose a contact from the 40-45 level range, you'll get xp from the mission. Any lower than that and you'll get the extra inf you would if you were exemplaring down to someone.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Errr, this flashback shit is confusing me. Is there a Cryptic forum post or something that describes the feature in detail? It seems kind of weird to me.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It should have stuff in the Issue 11 testing forums you can access from the main forum index.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Errr, this flashback shit is confusing me. Is there a Cryptic forum post or something that describes the feature in detail? It seems kind of weird to me.


    Basically, once you hit 25, you can use Flashback to go back and do any story arc, task force or badge related mission, and it will exemp you to its max level (most stuff is on a 5 level range, like 20-25). You can also set limitations on yourself, like no temp powers, and there's some extra badges for stuff like that.

    Scooter on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Scooter wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Errr, this flashback shit is confusing me. Is there a Cryptic forum post or something that describes the feature in detail? It seems kind of weird to me.


    Basically, once you hit 25, you can use Flashback to go back and do any story arc, task force or badge related mission, and it will exemp you to its max level (most stuff is on a 5 level range, like 20-25). You can also set limitations on yourself, like no temp powers, and there's some extra badges for stuff like that.

    Ah, okay....I guess it's for badge whores then, which I am not.

    GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Some missions give temp powers, so having a constant supply of Warwolf Whistles will be nice. Though last I heard they were nerfing those to "Echoes" rather than the full powered normal versions.

    Scooter on
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I could've sworn I made a post here last night.

    Anyway, thanks again to the groups from yesterday.

    Goose! on
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    freaking altitis got ahold of me now that i can be a hero

    everybody played with my scrapper Guy Dude last night (got him to level 14)...but now, the new addition......a tanker who's chunky but knows how to use it.....Girl Dude!!!!!!!!

    BEAST! on
  • ProfessorPolycarpProfessorPolycarp Registered User
    edited November 2007
    BEAST! wrote: »
    freaking altitis got ahold of me now that i can be a hero

    everybody played with my scrapper Guy Dude last night (got him to level 14)...but now, the new addition......a tanker who's chunky but knows how to use it.....Girl Dude!!!!!!!!
    I nominate that you name her Gear's Mom instead.

    ProfessorPolycarp on
    Ringo wrote:
    Everybody else is wrong, and I am right.
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    i got silenced in chat the last time i made a joke about Gear's mom :(

    she does look a LOT like her though...hmmmm....

    BEAST! on
  • Gear GirlGear Girl Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I could've sworn I made a post here last night.

    Anyway, thanks again to the groups from yesterday.

    You posted alright, just in the Squadron thread not this one..which was the wrong one anyway so uh..yes..

    Gear Girl on
    steam_sig.png
  • nefyavenefyave Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Is there still a ten day free trial? And can anybody hook me up then? This looks really interesting.D:

    nefyave on
    bannerpa.jpg
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    nefyave wrote: »
    Is there still a ten day free trial? And can anybody hook me up then? This looks really interesting.D:

    PM me an email and I'll send you one.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    nefyave wrote: »
    Is there still a ten day free trial? And can anybody hook me up then? This looks really interesting.D:
    yeah, there are still free ten day trials of Gear's mom...ask Gear for the code

    BEAST! on
  • Gear GirlGear Girl Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    BEAST! wrote: »
    nefyave wrote: »
    Is there still a ten day free trial? And can anybody hook me up then? This looks really interesting.D:
    yeah, there are still free ten day trials of Gear's mom...ask Gear for the code

    Sooooooo silenced.

    Gear Girl on
    steam_sig.png
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Awesome, looks like any animation changes that speed up the first and second tier powers will go to everyone, Blasters, Defenders, Corruptors and Doms. And all Archery and Assault Rifle animations are getting sped up.

    Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So, looks like we'll be getting a rather substantial Prestige boost as part of the NC ownership thing.
    Something to the tune of 20,000 per super group member.Also, debt wipe.

    I'm curious as to what, if anything, our intrepid base architects where planning on doing with the free money?

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
This discussion has been closed.